I'm planning my first trip to Europe in early Aug and would like to seek some advice on my planned schedule. I'll be on my own for most of the time (first few days i'll have friend with me) so i'll prefer to travel in safer areas. i'm very interested in culture & architecture; would also want to spend some time in the beach. So, below is my schedule
D1-3: Paris (havnt' planned much yet but i guess it's not too hard as i'll just visit those must-go spots)
D4: take iDTGV to Nice in the morning
D5-6: Nice (will mostly spend time in the beach and walk around the city)
D6: Fly from Nice to Barcelona in the evening, and will arrive barcelona at around 10pm. Guess not an issue as the airport bus operates till midnight??
D7-10: Barcelona. Except for those popular spots, is there any day trip i can go with easy access? im not driving and most probably i can only join groups
D10: take train from Barceloan to Madrid
D11-13: Madrid --> the question is that so many ppl talk about the heat in Madrid in Aug. Im a bit hesitated should i go to other cities in Spain instead of Madrid? And on D13, i need to take a flight back to Paris to catch my return flight. So the place must have direct flight to Paris. I saw someone recommend San Sebastian but i found there's not direct flight back to Paris (do not want to spend a few more hours for transfer flight). Or is it i can still find a way to survive when traveling in Madrid in Aug?
Sorry for the really long message.
Thank you in advance for your advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany in late Oct / early Nov 2016?
- 2 Naxos hotel question
- 3 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 4 Family trip to Spain: Barcelona, Seville and San Sebastian
- 5 Poland Tour Group
- 6 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 7 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 8 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 9 Europe Itinerary
- 10 Visiting Carcassonne without a car
- 11 St. Moritz best intermediate skiing
- 12 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 13 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 14 Loire Valley itinerary
- 15 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 16 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 17 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 18 Amsterdam/Indonesian restaurants
- 19 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 20 Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit
- 21 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 22 Currency
- 23 Another "Beware of Cab RipOff" Story
- 24 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 25 Breakfast: London