I'm planning my first trip to Europe in early Aug and would like to seek some advice on my planned schedule. I'll be on my own for most of the time (first few days i'll have friend with me) so i'll prefer to travel in safer areas. i'm very interested in culture & architecture; would also want to spend some time in the beach. So, below is my schedule
D1-3: Paris (havnt' planned much yet but i guess it's not too hard as i'll just visit those must-go spots)
D4: take iDTGV to Nice in the morning
D5-6: Nice (will mostly spend time in the beach and walk around the city)
D6: Fly from Nice to Barcelona in the evening, and will arrive barcelona at around 10pm. Guess not an issue as the airport bus operates till midnight??
D7-10: Barcelona. Except for those popular spots, is there any day trip i can go with easy access? im not driving and most probably i can only join groups
D10: take train from Barceloan to Madrid
D11-13: Madrid --> the question is that so many ppl talk about the heat in Madrid in Aug. Im a bit hesitated should i go to other cities in Spain instead of Madrid? And on D13, i need to take a flight back to Paris to catch my return flight. So the place must have direct flight to Paris. I saw someone recommend San Sebastian but i found there's not direct flight back to Paris (do not want to spend a few more hours for transfer flight). Or is it i can still find a way to survive when traveling in Madrid in Aug?
Sorry for the really long message.
Thank you in advance for your advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 2 Help with Italy Itinerary
- 3 Moldova and Transnistria
- 4 Camogli and surrounds
- 5 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 6 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 7 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 8 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 9 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 10 Whistle stop family road trip
- 11 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 12 SURPRISE TRIP
- 13 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 14 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 15 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 16 travel fan 220v?
- 17 Palermo Apartment
- 18 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 19 What is the best flight itinerary from Los Angeles to Granada, Spain
- 20 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 21 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 22 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 23 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 24 Barcelona - places to stay
- 25 Need advice on Seville-Tarifa/Tangier-Malaga itinerary