I'm planning my first trip to Europe in early Aug and would like to seek some advice on my planned schedule. I'll be on my own for most of the time (first few days i'll have friend with me) so i'll prefer to travel in safer areas. i'm very interested in culture & architecture; would also want to spend some time in the beach. So, below is my schedule
D1-3: Paris (havnt' planned much yet but i guess it's not too hard as i'll just visit those must-go spots)
D4: take iDTGV to Nice in the morning
D5-6: Nice (will mostly spend time in the beach and walk around the city)
D6: Fly from Nice to Barcelona in the evening, and will arrive barcelona at around 10pm. Guess not an issue as the airport bus operates till midnight??
D7-10: Barcelona. Except for those popular spots, is there any day trip i can go with easy access? im not driving and most probably i can only join groups
D10: take train from Barceloan to Madrid
D11-13: Madrid --> the question is that so many ppl talk about the heat in Madrid in Aug. Im a bit hesitated should i go to other cities in Spain instead of Madrid? And on D13, i need to take a flight back to Paris to catch my return flight. So the place must have direct flight to Paris. I saw someone recommend San Sebastian but i found there's not direct flight back to Paris (do not want to spend a few more hours for transfer flight). Or is it i can still find a way to survive when traveling in Madrid in Aug?
Sorry for the really long message.
Thank you in advance for your advice!!
Travel plan in France & Spain - seeking advice!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in winter
- 2 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 3 Lost SD card 32.0 GB in Europe on June 2013
- 4 Cornwall or Paris?
- 5 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 6 Italy tours
- 7 Two Days in Prague
- 8 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 9 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 10 Giverny in early October?
- 11 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 12 Trip Report, part 1
- 13 Madrid has much less to offer than Barcelona...
- 14 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 15 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 16 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 17 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 18 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 19 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 20 Norway Advice
- 21 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 22 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 23 Budapest Parliament Tickets Online
- 24 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 25 Concert at St. Chapelle question