I'm planning my first trip to Europe in early Aug and would like to seek some advice on my planned schedule. I'll be on my own for most of the time (first few days i'll have friend with me) so i'll prefer to travel in safer areas. i'm very interested in culture & architecture; would also want to spend some time in the beach. So, below is my schedule
D1-3: Paris (havnt' planned much yet but i guess it's not too hard as i'll just visit those must-go spots)
D4: take iDTGV to Nice in the morning
D5-6: Nice (will mostly spend time in the beach and walk around the city)
D6: Fly from Nice to Barcelona in the evening, and will arrive barcelona at around 10pm. Guess not an issue as the airport bus operates till midnight??
D7-10: Barcelona. Except for those popular spots, is there any day trip i can go with easy access? im not driving and most probably i can only join groups
D10: take train from Barceloan to Madrid
D11-13: Madrid --> the question is that so many ppl talk about the heat in Madrid in Aug. Im a bit hesitated should i go to other cities in Spain instead of Madrid? And on D13, i need to take a flight back to Paris to catch my return flight. So the place must have direct flight to Paris. I saw someone recommend San Sebastian but i found there's not direct flight back to Paris (do not want to spend a few more hours for transfer flight). Or is it i can still find a way to survive when traveling in Madrid in Aug?
Sorry for the really long message.
Thank you in advance for your advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 2 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 3 Iberia Airlines compensation for delayed luggage
- 4 Day bike ride from Weissenkirchen to Melk
- 5 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 6 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 7 Northern Ireland itinerary
- 8 Amsterdam in August
- 9 My San Sebastian ideas
- 10 Santorini
- 11 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 12 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 13 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 14 Venice worth it? 2 or 3 nights?
- 15 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 16 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 17 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 18 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 19 Spoleto, Bevagna, Montefalco or Spello?
- 20 Access from Normandy American Cemetery to Beach No Longer Accessible
- 21 Seville Itinerary
- 22 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 23 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 24 6 x Day Roadtrip in the Andalucia Region
- 25 First timers to Italy