I'm planning my first trip to Europe in early Aug and would like to seek some advice on my planned schedule. I'll be on my own for most of the time (first few days i'll have friend with me) so i'll prefer to travel in safer areas. i'm very interested in culture & architecture; would also want to spend some time in the beach. So, below is my schedule
D1-3: Paris (havnt' planned much yet but i guess it's not too hard as i'll just visit those must-go spots)
D4: take iDTGV to Nice in the morning
D5-6: Nice (will mostly spend time in the beach and walk around the city)
D6: Fly from Nice to Barcelona in the evening, and will arrive barcelona at around 10pm. Guess not an issue as the airport bus operates till midnight??
D7-10: Barcelona. Except for those popular spots, is there any day trip i can go with easy access? im not driving and most probably i can only join groups
D10: take train from Barceloan to Madrid
D11-13: Madrid --> the question is that so many ppl talk about the heat in Madrid in Aug. Im a bit hesitated should i go to other cities in Spain instead of Madrid? And on D13, i need to take a flight back to Paris to catch my return flight. So the place must have direct flight to Paris. I saw someone recommend San Sebastian but i found there's not direct flight back to Paris (do not want to spend a few more hours for transfer flight). Or is it i can still find a way to survive when traveling in Madrid in Aug?
Sorry for the really long message.
Thank you in advance for your advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Currency and credit cards in Scandinavia
- 2 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 3 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 4 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 5 Car rental in Paris
- 6 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 7 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 8 France to stop making foie grois
- 9 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 10 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 11 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 12 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 13 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 14 Rome train to Positano
- 15 Road Maps of Ireland
- 16 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 17 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 18 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 19 A new travel app for Poland
- 20 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 21 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 22 Naples or Genoa
- 23 Manchester on derby weekend
- 24 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 25 December in Slovenia