I'm planning my first trip to Europe in early Aug and would like to seek some advice on my planned schedule. I'll be on my own for most of the time (first few days i'll have friend with me) so i'll prefer to travel in safer areas. i'm very interested in culture & architecture; would also want to spend some time in the beach. So, below is my schedule
D1-3: Paris (havnt' planned much yet but i guess it's not too hard as i'll just visit those must-go spots)
D4: take iDTGV to Nice in the morning
D5-6: Nice (will mostly spend time in the beach and walk around the city)
D6: Fly from Nice to Barcelona in the evening, and will arrive barcelona at around 10pm. Guess not an issue as the airport bus operates till midnight??
D7-10: Barcelona. Except for those popular spots, is there any day trip i can go with easy access? im not driving and most probably i can only join groups
D10: take train from Barceloan to Madrid
D11-13: Madrid --> the question is that so many ppl talk about the heat in Madrid in Aug. Im a bit hesitated should i go to other cities in Spain instead of Madrid? And on D13, i need to take a flight back to Paris to catch my return flight. So the place must have direct flight to Paris. I saw someone recommend San Sebastian but i found there's not direct flight back to Paris (do not want to spend a few more hours for transfer flight). Or is it i can still find a way to survive when traveling in Madrid in Aug?
Sorry for the really long message.
Thank you in advance for your advice!!
Travel plan in France & Spain - seeking advice!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 2 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 3 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 4 All Set To Go!!
- 5 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 6 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 7 Story of the German Christmas star
- 8 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 9 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 10 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 11 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 12 Airport ATMs
- 13 Help with European vacation plan
- 14 Three ferries to Mull
- 15 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 16 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 17 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 18 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 19 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 20 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 21 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 22 American Express
- 23 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 24 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 25 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano