So this August I will be flying into Rome. It's going to be my first real trip overseas and I am going to be leaving Australia alone! Scary right?
Anyway, My plan is to land in Rome and spend a night or two there before heading down to Sicily where I will be meeting for the first time, my best friend and spending the period of a month with him and his family. I would see the north of Italy first but my friends wants me to go down for the end of their holiday time in August. After this, I have two weeks to spare. I don't know if I will ever make it back to Europe so I want to make the most of it and see as much as I can, so after my extended visit I wanted to see Rome, Venice, Florence and Cinque Terre.
Now I come here for everyones help. I have been doing a lot of research and would like to sort some things out but I have some questions;
What is the best way AND the cheapest way to do this? I was thinking maybe fly from Catania up to Venice and catch trains from Venice to Florence and down to Rome, Good idea or no?
Is two weeks enough time to see these places? How should I balance my time between them all?
I thought I would travel from Florence to Cinque Terre, what would be the most effective way to get there and how much time should i allow? I have word of just doing a day trip but the source was less than perfect.
Would appreciate any help! It's time for me to start sorting things out haha any suggestions would be great
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 2 Booking hotels before trains
- 3 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 4 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 5 Visiting Spain in January
- 6 Italy/Greece with kids
- 7 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 8 Puglia or La Langhe
- 9 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 10 Do Not Rent from SIXT car rentals
- 11 Paris---baguette question???
- 12 Munich
- 13 English Countryside
- 14 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 15 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 16 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 17 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 18 Need help in travel planning
- 19 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 20 French immersion courses in France
- 21 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 22 Vienna or Budapest?
- 23 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 24 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 25 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London