We are a couple and we are planning to travel to Italy from Scotland. We are planning to have a vacation of around 10-12 days that shall include Christmas and new year. Any guidance for travelling iternary and places that we could visit during our trip would be very helpful. Also one of the partner has some disability so long walking is not a preferable option.
We are planning to travel to rome on Christmas and then take a train from there to Venice and then would love to travel Sicily islands along with Florence. Please tell if hiring a car or travelling by public transport would be better. Also any recommendation on how many days would be sufficient for each location and places that we can stay at. We are looking for a decent accommodation (Nothing fancy).
I am planning to fly on 23rd of december and back on 2nd or 3rd of Jan.
All comments and suggestions are welcomed.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 retruning to US with souveniers
- 2 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 3 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 4 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 5 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 11 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 14 Help on ancient history route
- 15 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 16 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 17 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 18 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 19 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 20 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 23 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 24 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 25 Hotels in Turin