We are a couple and we are planning to travel to Italy from Scotland. We are planning to have a vacation of around 10-12 days that shall include Christmas and new year. Any guidance for travelling iternary and places that we could visit during our trip would be very helpful. Also one of the partner has some disability so long walking is not a preferable option.
We are planning to travel to rome on Christmas and then take a train from there to Venice and then would love to travel Sicily islands along with Florence. Please tell if hiring a car or travelling by public transport would be better. Also any recommendation on how many days would be sufficient for each location and places that we can stay at. We are looking for a decent accommodation (Nothing fancy).
I am planning to fly on 23rd of december and back on 2nd or 3rd of Jan.
All comments and suggestions are welcomed.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 4 Swiss Travel Pass
- 5 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 6 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 7 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 10 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 11 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 12 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 13 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 14 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 15 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 16 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 17 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 18 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 19 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 20 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 21 We're here!
- 22 Acropolis Athens
- 23 Versailles
- 24 Where to enjoy Paris
- 25 Train help for Prague