Interesting article in NY Times Sunday Travel Section this last Sunday - about taking the new "Asinthe Trail" thru eastern France and neighboring Switzerland where the Green Fairy, as absinthe was dubbed long ago when it was fashionable, in the late 1880s with folks like Van Gogh, but was later banned - or at least its psychoactive ingredient that then was thought to bring on madness if drunk too much was banned.
But as of 2011 absinthe - authentic absinthe, became legal once more in Europe and the traditional absinthe with its key wormwood (? not sure about that) ingredient once more in the drink - making it something special.
So especially if driving or biking you can wend your way along the absinthe trail - just don't get lost or fall down any rabbit holes as after drinking enough of this stuff you will know that you are not in Kansas anymore!
anyone drank the newly legalized absinthe? Anyone been to places on the absinthe trail?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in January?
- 2 YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 3 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 4 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 5 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 6 9 days UK itinerary help!
- 7 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 8 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 9 Top Tapas Tascas
- 10 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 11 Paris: Veggietown for Vegetarian Restaurants
- 12 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 13 Insurance on rental car options
- 14 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 15 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 16 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 17 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 18 Keukenhof in May?
- 19 Happy birthday ATM
- 20 24 hours in Paris
- 21 Istanbul at Easter
- 22 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 23 tickets for Wimbledon
- 24 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 25 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
"Travel On the Absinthe Trail in France and Switzerland"...