Interesting article in NY Times Sunday Travel Section this last Sunday - about taking the new "Asinthe Trail" thru eastern France and neighboring Switzerland where the Green Fairy, as absinthe was dubbed long ago when it was fashionable, in the late 1880s with folks like Van Gogh, but was later banned - or at least its psychoactive ingredient that then was thought to bring on madness if drunk too much was banned.
But as of 2011 absinthe - authentic absinthe, became legal once more in Europe and the traditional absinthe with its key wormwood (? not sure about that) ingredient once more in the drink - making it something special.
So especially if driving or biking you can wend your way along the absinthe trail - just don't get lost or fall down any rabbit holes as after drinking enough of this stuff you will know that you are not in Kansas anymore!
anyone drank the newly legalized absinthe? Anyone been to places on the absinthe trail?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 4 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 5 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 6 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 7 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 8 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 9 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 10 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 11 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 12 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 13 Cell Phone Question
- 14 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 15 Greek Islands (small)
- 16 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 17 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 18 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 19 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 20 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 21 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 22 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 23 Help required with Itinerary
- 24 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
"Travel On the Absinthe Trail in France and Switzerland"...