Interesting article in NY Times Sunday Travel Section this last Sunday - about taking the new "Asinthe Trail" thru eastern France and neighboring Switzerland where the Green Fairy, as absinthe was dubbed long ago when it was fashionable, in the late 1880s with folks like Van Gogh, but was later banned - or at least its psychoactive ingredient that then was thought to bring on madness if drunk too much was banned.
But as of 2011 absinthe - authentic absinthe, became legal once more in Europe and the traditional absinthe with its key wormwood (? not sure about that) ingredient once more in the drink - making it something special.
So especially if driving or biking you can wend your way along the absinthe trail - just don't get lost or fall down any rabbit holes as after drinking enough of this stuff you will know that you are not in Kansas anymore!
anyone drank the newly legalized absinthe? Anyone been to places on the absinthe trail?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 2 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 3 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 4 Problems Men Face Due to shortage of Testosterone
- 5 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 6 How to Choose the Right Bedroom Furniture for Your Home
- 7 Should I speculate?
- 8 Case of smoking stains
- 9 Munich Under Attack...
- 10 http://menhealthreviews.org/t90-xplode-reviews/
- 11 Le Marche Sept./Oct.
- 12 http://www.cogniqtry.com/t90-xplode/
- 13 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 14 More Info >>> http://www.toptryloburn.com/reviv-anti-aging/
- 15 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 16 Path of the Gods Question
- 17 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 18 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 19 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 20 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 21 Dentix in Spain
- 22 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 23 Croatia
- 24 15 days in Sep 2016: Itinerary help pls
- 25 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
"Travel On the Absinthe Trail in France and Switzerland"...