Interesting article in NY Times Sunday Travel Section this last Sunday - about taking the new "Asinthe Trail" thru eastern France and neighboring Switzerland where the Green Fairy, as absinthe was dubbed long ago when it was fashionable, in the late 1880s with folks like Van Gogh, but was later banned - or at least its psychoactive ingredient that then was thought to bring on madness if drunk too much was banned.
But as of 2011 absinthe - authentic absinthe, became legal once more in Europe and the traditional absinthe with its key wormwood (? not sure about that) ingredient once more in the drink - making it something special.
So especially if driving or biking you can wend your way along the absinthe trail - just don't get lost or fall down any rabbit holes as after drinking enough of this stuff you will know that you are not in Kansas anymore!
anyone drank the newly legalized absinthe? Anyone been to places on the absinthe trail?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 생방송바카라•• 艺━┫＼【 WLD333.cℴm 】＼┣━••艺 생방송바카라
- 2 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 3 Visiting Cornwall without a car?
- 4 Scotland: Summer Days in Skye
- 5 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 6 Germany
- 7 Italy Itinerary for 8 days
- 8 Rome at Christmas
- 9 Vienna sights and tickets to sights in Prague and Budapest
- 10 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 11 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 12 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 13 The One Trip to Rule Them All
- 14 The DCC scam is spreading
- 15 10 full days in Italy, creating an itinerary based on interests
- 16 4 Country Itinerary
- 17 East of the Amalfi Coast - stay or day trip?
- 18 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 19 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 20 Croatia Itenerary
- 21 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 22 Help me choose 3 islands in the Cyclades
- 23 Lisbon and Seville Questions
- 24 14 days in Greece
- 25 Evening transfer from Capri to Sorrento
"Travel On the Absinthe Trail in France and Switzerland"...