Interesting article in NY Times Sunday Travel Section this last Sunday - about taking the new "Asinthe Trail" thru eastern France and neighboring Switzerland where the Green Fairy, as absinthe was dubbed long ago when it was fashionable, in the late 1880s with folks like Van Gogh, but was later banned - or at least its psychoactive ingredient that then was thought to bring on madness if drunk too much was banned.
But as of 2011 absinthe - authentic absinthe, became legal once more in Europe and the traditional absinthe with its key wormwood (? not sure about that) ingredient once more in the drink - making it something special.
So especially if driving or biking you can wend your way along the absinthe trail - just don't get lost or fall down any rabbit holes as after drinking enough of this stuff you will know that you are not in Kansas anymore!
anyone drank the newly legalized absinthe? Anyone been to places on the absinthe trail?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 2 Beaches in Southern France
- 3 Brixen/ Bressanone: ideas for a few days?
- 4 cell phone companys
- 5 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 6 italy itinerary
- 7 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 8 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 9 Local markets in Italy
- 10 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 11 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 12 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 13 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 14 Where in Paris?
- 15 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 16 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 17 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 18 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 19 Guides - Matera
- 20 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 21 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 22 Spain Itinerary Help
- 23 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 24 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 25 Swinoujscie Ferry Arrival
"Travel On the Absinthe Trail in France and Switzerland"...