Long time I didn't see a quizz or something like that, so I figured we could share some blunders or mistakes that we did when traveling.
We are all well-travelled (like that word, for whatever that means), but we all do mistakes, let us recount some (probably the funny ones, not the embarrasing ones).
A tout seigneur, tout honneur, I'll start
1. I was to meet somebody in Aalborg, Denmark, he gave me the details for the meeting to which I didn't pay attention. So I booked a flight to Denmark : in my mind, DK has only one airport (like Belgium : small country, so ...) therefore I landed in Copenhagen and went into a taxi at about midnight telling the guy I was to go to Aalborg, which he told me in fits of laugh was 400 kms away...
2. I was to meet somebody in US, she told me 'we are close to Boston'. Didn't plan further, arrived at airport, took the car, and then opened a map : the place was 2,5 to 3 hours away ! Close for US people, a looooong way for a Belgian
3. I was at an airport, at say - gate 32 overlooking gate 31 from which my flight departed. I fell asleep whilst waiting and my flight left without me.
I've done worse but won't tell you
So what about you ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 2 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 3 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 4 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 7 London 6 day itinerary
- 8 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 9 Sim Cards
- 10 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 11 London in Winter Report
- 12 Portugal rental car
- 13 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 14 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 15 IWM
- 16 London Hotel - Different Request
- 17 Seville to Cordoba
- 18 3 nights in Madrid
- 19 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 20 Travelling Iceland
- 21 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 22 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 23 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 24 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 25 Trastevere Food