We are 3 people who will be in Iceland from Friday August 29 to our departure on Saturday September 6th. HIPPEE!!!! We have 8 full days/nights to play with and wish to spend the first Friday & Saturday nights in Reykjavik (witness a little of Renfur)and then spend the remaining 7 nights between the South to Skaftafell, the Southwest, and Western Snaefelles Peninsula. Looking for suggestions on how to make a fun itinerary tying these areas together. Need advice on a driving itinerary. Head North & west from Rekjavik first, or head southwest and across the south first? How many days in each place? What are the best lodgings in those regions to use as a base for daily hikes. It'd be nice to find places central enough to many places of interest as we don't wish to be in a new lodging every single night of our trip (every 2 nights would be best). We'll have a rental car. We want to do day hikes, check out museums & points of interest along the way, soak in hot pots, and hit galleries & museums in Reykjavik. Also... we are predominantly vegetarian (we eat a little fish from time to time) so any recommendations for veggie food/restaurants is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 barcelona neighborhood
- 2 Corsica and Sardinia
- 3 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 4 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 5 Best Greek Island
- 6 Les Invalides Night Show
- 7 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 8 Regarding Residence Permit
- 9 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 12 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 13 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 14 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 15 limousine services - milan - rome
- 16 Shorts in South of France?
- 17 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 18 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 19 Camogli and surrounds
- 20 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 21 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 22 2 days in Florence
- 23 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Tinos , Naxos and other islands