We are 3 people who will be in Iceland from Friday August 29 to our departure on Saturday September 6th. HIPPEE!!!! We have 8 full days/nights to play with and wish to spend the first Friday & Saturday nights in Reykjavik (witness a little of Renfur)and then spend the remaining 7 nights between the South to Skaftafell, the Southwest, and Western Snaefelles Peninsula. Looking for suggestions on how to make a fun itinerary tying these areas together. Need advice on a driving itinerary. Head North & west from Rekjavik first, or head southwest and across the south first? How many days in each place? What are the best lodgings in those regions to use as a base for daily hikes. It'd be nice to find places central enough to many places of interest as we don't wish to be in a new lodging every single night of our trip (every 2 nights would be best). We'll have a rental car. We want to do day hikes, check out museums & points of interest along the way, soak in hot pots, and hit galleries & museums in Reykjavik. Also... we are predominantly vegetarian (we eat a little fish from time to time) so any recommendations for veggie food/restaurants is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 2 Travel vs. Babies
- 3 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 4 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 7 Basque country ideas
- 8 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 9 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 10 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 11 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 12 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 13 20 Days in Europe
- 14 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 15 Farmhouse stay in Ireland?
- 16 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 17 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 18 First trip to Italy
- 19 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 20 Bruges to Paris Train Questions
- 21 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 22 Budapest Hotels
- 23 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 24 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 25 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome