We are 3 people who will be in Iceland from Friday August 29 to our departure on Saturday September 6th. HIPPEE!!!! We have 8 full days/nights to play with and wish to spend the first Friday & Saturday nights in Reykjavik (witness a little of Renfur)and then spend the remaining 7 nights between the South to Skaftafell, the Southwest, and Western Snaefelles Peninsula. Looking for suggestions on how to make a fun itinerary tying these areas together. Need advice on a driving itinerary. Head North & west from Rekjavik first, or head southwest and across the south first? How many days in each place? What are the best lodgings in those regions to use as a base for daily hikes. It'd be nice to find places central enough to many places of interest as we don't wish to be in a new lodging every single night of our trip (every 2 nights would be best). We'll have a rental car. We want to do day hikes, check out museums & points of interest along the way, soak in hot pots, and hit galleries & museums in Reykjavik. Also... we are predominantly vegetarian (we eat a little fish from time to time) so any recommendations for veggie food/restaurants is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest on a budget
- 2 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 3 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 4 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 5 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 6 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 7 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 8 French lavender and cottages
- 9 Cork or Galway?
- 10 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 11 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 12 One quick week -- where in France?
- 13 MiFi in Italy
- 14 Major quake in central Itay
- 15 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 16 Girona and Besalau
- 17 3 days with a Swindon base
- 18 Venice Cruise Port: Santa Lucia or Mestre?
- 19 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 20 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 21 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 22 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 23 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 24 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 25 Brugge or Ghent?