We are 3 people who will be in Iceland from Friday August 29 to our departure on Saturday September 6th. HIPPEE!!!! We have 8 full days/nights to play with and wish to spend the first Friday & Saturday nights in Reykjavik (witness a little of Renfur)and then spend the remaining 7 nights between the South to Skaftafell, the Southwest, and Western Snaefelles Peninsula. Looking for suggestions on how to make a fun itinerary tying these areas together. Need advice on a driving itinerary. Head North & west from Rekjavik first, or head southwest and across the south first? How many days in each place? What are the best lodgings in those regions to use as a base for daily hikes. It'd be nice to find places central enough to many places of interest as we don't wish to be in a new lodging every single night of our trip (every 2 nights would be best). We'll have a rental car. We want to do day hikes, check out museums & points of interest along the way, soak in hot pots, and hit galleries & museums in Reykjavik. Also... we are predominantly vegetarian (we eat a little fish from time to time) so any recommendations for veggie food/restaurants is greatly appreciated.
Travel Itinerary/ planning Advice
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 3 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 4 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 5 Medieval Tallinn
- 6 Travel by train or bus
- 7 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 8 Portugal in September
- 9 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 10 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 11 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 12 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 13 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 14 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 15 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 18 Advises for trip to Russia
- 19 Family European winter holiday
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 lockers in London's Victoria Station
- 22 6 hours in London; lockers at Heathrow
- 23 Luggage lockers at London train station?
- 24 London - Luggage Couriers from Heathrow?
- 25 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013