We are traveling to France in September. We are flying into Barcelona, spending one night there and taking a very early train into France. We are spending 5 days in the south and then 4 days in Paris.
My questions are mostly about the South of France because we do not want to rent a car. We would like to see Arles, Avignon, Orange, Nimes and possibly Aix en Provence and/ or Montpellier (though we are open to other suggestions). So a few questions:
1. Should we pick one home-base (was thinking Arles) and then travel by train to each of these places (or take a bus tour if there are any suggestions)? Maybe a day in Nimes, one day to do Avignon and Orange an then a third place? OR should we stay overnight in a few different places?
2. While we are excited to see all the amazing architecture, ruins etc. we are outdoors-y and would really like to hike somewhere (we may be willing to rent a car for the day if needed) any suggestions?
3. We also need a suggestion for a vineyard visit or wine tour to take if we can't train it to one.
Thanks for the help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Lille Braderie 2017
- 3 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 4 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 5 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 6 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 7 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 8 Thinking about the Fjords
- 9 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 10 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 11 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 15 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 16 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 18 Greek Village
- 19 Berlin
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 22 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 23 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 24 Athens Help
- 25 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow