We are traveling to France in September. We are flying into Barcelona, spending one night there and taking a very early train into France. We are spending 5 days in the south and then 4 days in Paris.
My questions are mostly about the South of France because we do not want to rent a car. We would like to see Arles, Avignon, Orange, Nimes and possibly Aix en Provence and/ or Montpellier (though we are open to other suggestions). So a few questions:
1. Should we pick one home-base (was thinking Arles) and then travel by train to each of these places (or take a bus tour if there are any suggestions)? Maybe a day in Nimes, one day to do Avignon and Orange an then a third place? OR should we stay overnight in a few different places?
2. While we are excited to see all the amazing architecture, ruins etc. we are outdoors-y and would really like to hike somewhere (we may be willing to rent a car for the day if needed) any suggestions?
3. We also need a suggestion for a vineyard visit or wine tour to take if we can't train it to one.
Thanks for the help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland itinerary advice
- 2 Porto in January
- 3 Any downside when booking codeshare flights?
- 4 Rome Water Shortage
- 5 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 6 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Valencia Spain
- 9 Whistle stop family road trip
- 10 The DCC scam is spreading
- 11 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 12 Lake Como,Italy
- 13 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 14 Help with tips in UK
- 15 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 16 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 17 Cab cost from Tegel/ Germany/ to Charlottenstrasse
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Schengen question....confirmation needed
- 20 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 21 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 22 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 23 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 24 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip