I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I went to Paris in June
- 2 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 3 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 4 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 5 Berlin: Itinerary & Acco help pls
- 6 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 7 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 8 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 9 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 10 Christmas Markets and White Christmas in the Alps
- 11 Last minute opportunity for a 5 week Europe trip: HELP PLS
- 12 Amsterdam: My list of things to do/see is ready - Pls help in daily planning
- 13 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 14 Cinque Terre in early August: Nightmare or still worthwhile?
- 15 Florence Hotel Location advice pls
- 16 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 17 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 18 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 19 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 20 Venice hotel: Select from the shortlist pls
- 21 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 22 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 23 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 24 Brugge photo on Bing
- 25 A week in the South of France Sept 2014