I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 2 Passport stamp in the UK
- 3 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 4 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 5 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 6 What's your suggestion ????
- 7 Germany and Switzerland
- 8 Best london location to stay?
- 9 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 10 Marry in Venice travel to Florence, Rome, AC, Naples
- 11 Ireland itinerary and accommodations advice?
- 12 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 13 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 14 SFO - CDG RT$769 ! Jump on it
- 15 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 16 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 17 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 18 Three 3 Day weekends in Ireland!
- 19 Sleeper Coaches Tickets from Krakow to Budapest -- Cheap Sparnight fares
- 20 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 21 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 22 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 23 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 24 Rauma Train and the Atlantic Ocean Rd worth visiting?
- 25 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country