I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 2 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 3 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 4 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 5 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 6 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 7 Airport ATMs
- 8 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 9 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 10 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 11 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 12 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 13 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 14 Three ferries to Mull
- 15 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 16 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 17 American Express
- 18 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 19 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 20 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 21 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 22 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 23 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 24 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 25 Which european city?