I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 3 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 4 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 5 Medieval Tallinn
- 6 Travel by train or bus
- 7 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 8 Portugal in September
- 9 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 10 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 11 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 12 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 13 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 14 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 15 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 18 Advises for trip to Russia
- 19 Family European winter holiday
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 lockers in London's Victoria Station
- 22 6 hours in London; lockers at Heathrow
- 23 Luggage lockers at London train station?
- 24 London - Luggage Couriers from Heathrow?
- 25 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013