I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 2 England and Scotland
- 3 Dublin to Armagh?
- 4 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 5 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 6 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 7 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 8 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 9 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 10 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 11 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 12 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 13 Air pollution in Paris
- 14 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 15 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 16 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 17 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 18 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 19 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 20 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 21 France, Italy and Greec
- 22 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 23 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 24 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 25 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio