I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 2 Which swiss alps to visit? First time to Switzerland
- 3 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 4 Mama Mia Italy!
- 5 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 6 Train from Le Havre to Paris
- 7 travel to western Europe from India
- 8 Trying to find food items from Rome
- 9 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 10 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 11 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 12 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 13 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 14 Germany -- with Reformation emphasis
- 15 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 16 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 17 Late night train from Prague
- 18 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 19 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 20 I'm in a funk
- 21 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 22 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 23 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 24 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 25 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!