I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 2 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 3 Spending money in Italy?
- 4 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 5 Help! Just 3 nights in CROATIA: where should we go?
- 6 Help! Only a few days in CROTIA: where would you go?
- 7 first family trip to Switzerland
- 8 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 9 St. Paul's Cathedral bells
- 10 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 11 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 12 Vienna.stay in pension.
- 13 Spain for 7 days
- 14 Biking across Europe
- 15 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 16 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 17 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 18 Normandy in October
- 19 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 20 I went to Paris in June
- 21 "Cool" places for dinner in Rome when it's hot
- 22 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 23 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 24 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 25 Guesthouses in Dublin