I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London visit
- 2 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 3 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 4 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 5 21 Days in Central Europe
- 6 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 7 Budget for 3 Month's
- 8 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 9 Lofoten ferry
- 10 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 11 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 12 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 13 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 14 Italian cooking classes
- 15 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 16 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 17 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 18 Fjords, How To?
- 19 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 20 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 21 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 22 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 23 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 24 Questions for my German friends
- 25 Bavaria & Dolomites