I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 2 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 3 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 4 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 5 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 6 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 7 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 8 5am arrival in Dublin
- 9 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 10 Ste Remy France
- 11 10 Hours in Brussels
- 12 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 13 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 14 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 15 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 16 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 17 destination wedding
- 18 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 19 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 20 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 21 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 22 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 23 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 24 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 25 London Private Detectives