I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 2 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 3 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 4 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 5 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 6 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 7 Hotel in Paris
- 8 Traffic fine one year later! What to do?
- 9 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 10 Mont St. Michele?
- 11 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece
- 12 Berlin: evening dining
- 13 Alhambra questions
- 14 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?
- 15 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 16 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 17 LHR to Victoria by Tube - Best Place to Transfer
- 18 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 19 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 20 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 21 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 22 Any Pros Out There on Sending FedEx from Italy to U.S.?
- 23 Southwestern England
- 24 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 25 Amsterdam with young toddler