I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 2 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 3 Food tours in Rome and other tours as well
- 4 Ireland or Scotland
- 5 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 6 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 7 Cruise the River Shannon
- 8 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 9 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 10 Food tours in Rome?
- 11 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 12 Rome Food Tour
- 13 trip to norway
- 14 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 15 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 16 Rome restaurant suggestions
- 17 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 18 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 19 Italy and Croatia
- 20 Help with England/Wales tour
- 21 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 22 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 23 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 24 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 25 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens