I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 2 Burgundy for 3 nights based in Beaune
- 3 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 4 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 5 Aalsmeer, Holland Flower Market Is a Changing but...
- 6 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 7 Spain traffic tickets
- 8 Inexpensive spring break in iceland?
- 9 4 Days between Zurich & Avignon...
- 10 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 11 Euro Trivia Quiz #10 - Martin Luther in Germany
- 12 Driving from Paris to Munich
- 13 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 14 Museums in Berlin
- 15 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 16 Italy - Transportation from MXP to Rome
- 17 Skiing in France
- 18 Beware of Best and Fast Change
- 19 Looking for help on itinerary for trip to Croatia+
- 20 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 21 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 22 Hotel developments Como
- 23 The Newly Reopened Picasso Museum in Paris
- 24 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 25 Preliminary Italy Plans- September 2015