I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 2 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 3 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 4 Christmas Day in Scuol
- 5 Trains in Europe
- 6 3 weeks in Sicily
- 7 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 8 Seville - Easter weekend - Delays? Crowds?
- 9 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 10 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 11 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 12 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 13 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 14 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 15 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 16 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 17 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 18 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 19 In the event you believe the nonsense next applying
- 20 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 21 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 22 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 23 Raining in rome
- 24 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 25 Activ holiday in Andalusia