I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much luggage?????
- 2 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 3 eateries in Puglia
- 4 Terrorism in Europe
- 5 Bringing Wine Home From France
- 6 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 7 Help with France itinerary
- 8 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 9 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 10 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 11 London GTG late September?
- 12 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 13 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 14 Driving St. Bernard Pass going from Venice to Tasch
- 15 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 16 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 17 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 18 Iceland hostel recommendations on Ring Road
- 19 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 20 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 21 Advice for returning rental car to Florence airport
- 22 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 23 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 25 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence