I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence Hotel Advice
- 2 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 3 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 4 Italy tours
- 5 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 6 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 7 Air France strike
- 8 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 9 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 10 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 11 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 12 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 13 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 14 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 15 Best day trips from Paris
- 16 Scottish Passport
- 17 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 18 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 19 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 20 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 21 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 22 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 23 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 24 Viator.com in Turkey
- 25 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.