I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 " Egyptian German friendship Home"FREE for all German people in Germany
- 2 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 3 7 days in Andalucia
- 4 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 5 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 6 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 7 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 8 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 11 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 12 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 13 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 14 rent car / Munich
- 15 Apartments in Rome
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 19 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 20 To Paris and Provence in June
- 21 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Madrid to Sevilla
- 24 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 25 A full week in The Netherlands