I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 2 Oktoberfest reservations
- 3 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 4 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 5 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 6 21 Days in Central Europe
- 7 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 8 No points in Paris .....
- 9 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 10 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 11 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 12 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 13 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 14 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 15 Pronunciation
- 16 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 17 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 18 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 19 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 20 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 21 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 22 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 23 best time to book accommodation
- 24 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 25 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??