I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 2 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 3 Vineyard visit from Paris (day trip): Burgundy vs Lorie Valley
- 4 Croatia/Bosnia/Slovenia Itinerary Feeback Request
- 5 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 6 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 7 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 8 Transportation in Paris
- 9 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 10 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 11 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 12 Greek Island honeymoon
- 13 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 14 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 15 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 16 Tuscany: best day trips/tours - cooking classes, wines tours, other...
- 17 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 18 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 19 2 for 1 tickets
- 20 London & Cotswolds Hotels
- 21 Choosing a Parmegiano Reggiano Dairy Farm to Visit
- 22 Split to Venice. Help!
- 23 Andaz Liverpool street or Hyde park?
- 24 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 25 tour guides for Copenhagen?