I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weekend in Norfolk
- 2 Athens at New Years
- 3 Ireland or Scotland
- 4 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 5 Autumn in Paris
- 6 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 7 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 8 Cotswold Churches
- 9 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 10 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 11 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 12 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 13 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 14 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 15 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 16 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 17 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 18 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 19 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 20 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 21 London Trip Travel
- 22 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 23 I dream of Europe
- 24 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 25 St Germain