I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5am arrival in Dublin
- 2 London tube
- 3 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Hotel in Venice
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 Europe-21 days in September 2014
- 9 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 10 What are the best places to see in England
- 11 London hotel
- 12 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 13 7 days in Greece
- 14 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 15 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 16 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 17 Europe in 21 days
- 18 London day trips, especially castles
- 19 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 20 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 21 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 22 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 23 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 24 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 25 What area to stay in Rome, Florence, and Venice?