I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to Buy Fiorentina v Sevilla Football Tickets
- 2 Help with 6 days in Switzerland
- 3 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 4 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 5 Venice, then ?, then Munich
- 6 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 7 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 8 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 9 MADRID AND GRANADA--A Magical Winter Week in Spain
- 10 One night for dinner in Rome
- 11 Hiking Trail in Santorini - Fira to Oia or Oia to Fira???
- 12 Does anyone know how Trenitalia or Trenord list the Vivalto trains?
- 13 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 14 What is your favorite travel app?
- 15 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 16 When to buy train tickets to Budapest and Prague from Vienna
- 17 Seville Ronda Nerja Granada: Please critique Andalucia driving itinerary.
- 18 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 19 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules
- 20 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 21 A week on the Amalfi Coast--Itinerary Advice Needed!
- 22 DCC on the increase?
- 23 Planning a week in London
- 24 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 25 Best base for Cinque Terre, Portofino, Rapallo?