I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 2 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 3 Itinerary Suggestions for South of Spain and Portugal
- 4 biking in France
- 5 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 6 Amalfi Coast in October
- 7 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 8 London for Free
- 9 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 10 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 11 RENFE- AVE link stopped
- 12 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 13 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 14 Terrorism in Europe
- 15 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 16 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 17 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 18 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 19 Northern Lights in Scotland??
- 20 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 21 Madrid: City Views
- 22 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 23 London restaurants
- 24 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 25 Flying Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy to London