I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 2 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 3 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 4 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 5 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 6 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 7 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 8 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 9 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 10 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 11 Family European winter holiday
- 12 15 days in Europe,
- 13 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 14 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 15 London for Christmas
- 16 Euro Train
- 17 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 18 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 19 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 20 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 23 Travel by train or bus
- 24 Planning a holiday
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins