I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Why don't the French want to work?
- 2 Driving from Italy to France
- 3 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 4 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 5 Ferry or Catamaran from Split-Hvar
- 6 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 7 7 Nights in Paris
- 8 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 9 Edinburgh - Mercat Tours -
- 10 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 11 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 12 Daily Bus Tours in Croatia, Slovenia and nearby countries
- 13 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 14 Late night/early morning transport from Barcelona Airport to city center
- 15 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 16 Little-kid friendly place an hour or so by train from Frankfurt airport
- 17 Italy, England, OR France in 2015: Tour Operators - Or go it alone?
- 18 Skip the Line: Small-Group Eiffel Tower Sunset Tour
- 19 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 20 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 21 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 22 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 23 Matisse at Tate
- 24 2 weeks in Europe
- 25 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary