I would like to spend a couple of days in Austria after a Danube river cruise and this is the itinerary I am looking at: training from Budapest to Vienna, one night in Vienna then a train or car to Hallstatt for one or two nights. We would then have to travel back to Vienna or another departure point for return flight to Canada. Does this sound like a do-able itinerary and would we be better to take a train or rent a car? Obviously if we rented a car in Vienna that would mean returning there for our departure to Canada. I have also thought of staying in the wine regions near Vienna for the 3 or 4 nights and doing a day trip to Hallstatt. Any thoughts on these plans would be greatly appreciated.
Travel from Vienna to Hallstatt-train or car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Road Trip Part 1...............Madrid To Lisbon by Auto
- 2 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 3 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 4 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 5 scotland trave;
- 6 1 Night Paris before Eurostar - Where to stay
- 7 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 8 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 9 Visiting the winemakers in Portugal
- 10 London and Paris Feb 2015
- 11 Zurich Airport Hotel or near railway station in Zurich, or elsewhere?
- 12 Gorges du Verdon or take the A8 from Nice towards Aix?
- 13 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 14 Shuttle Inter prices?
- 15 What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)
- 16 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 17 Train tickets France and Spain
- 18 Naples to Milan, train or plane?
- 19 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 20 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 21 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 22 Cinque Terre and Côte d'Azur
- 23 Positano in high season???
- 24 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 25 Taking a perscribed controlled substance to Germany.