We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Slovenia and Croatia. We plan to fly into Slovenia, first spend time in the Soca Valley (around Bovec) and then work our way down through Ljubljana, and down the coast of Croatia, ending in Dubrovnik, flying back to the States from Dubrovnik. We have about 2 1/2 weeks for the entire trip.
I have realized that we are not going to get a great airfare during the summer, but would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible. What is the best way to get to Slovenia from the States? Should we fly into Ljubljana, and then backtrack to the Soca Valley, or could we fly into Trieste or Klagenfurt and then make our way to Bovec? Of these three places, which is the easiest to reach the Soca Valley?
Travel from States to Soca Valley, Slovenia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - unusually so
- 2 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 3 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 4 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?
- 5 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 6 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 7 England/EPL family vacation
- 8 4 Months in Europe
- 9 Never To Return
- 10 Tipping in the UK
- 11 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 12 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 13 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 14 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 15 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 16 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 17 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 18 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 19 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 20 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 21 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 22 London city Best option for transit
- 23 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 24 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 25 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia