We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Slovenia and Croatia. We plan to fly into Slovenia, first spend time in the Soca Valley (around Bovec) and then work our way down through Ljubljana, and down the coast of Croatia, ending in Dubrovnik, flying back to the States from Dubrovnik. We have about 2 1/2 weeks for the entire trip.
I have realized that we are not going to get a great airfare during the summer, but would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible. What is the best way to get to Slovenia from the States? Should we fly into Ljubljana, and then backtrack to the Soca Valley, or could we fly into Trieste or Klagenfurt and then make our way to Bovec? Of these three places, which is the easiest to reach the Soca Valley?
Travel from States to Soca Valley, Slovenia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 3 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 4 Madrid and London
- 5 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 6 Three days in Spain
- 7 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 8 1 week in Croatia
- 9 german rail ticket question
- 10 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 11 Trip to Iceland
- 12 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 13 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 14 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 15 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 16 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 17 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 18 Fjords, How To?
- 19 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 20 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 21 London neighborhood suggestions
- 22 Fashion for larger man?
- 23 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 24 Eating in France-two new books
- 25 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel