We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Slovenia and Croatia. We plan to fly into Slovenia, first spend time in the Soca Valley (around Bovec) and then work our way down through Ljubljana, and down the coast of Croatia, ending in Dubrovnik, flying back to the States from Dubrovnik. We have about 2 1/2 weeks for the entire trip.
I have realized that we are not going to get a great airfare during the summer, but would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible. What is the best way to get to Slovenia from the States? Should we fly into Ljubljana, and then backtrack to the Soca Valley, or could we fly into Trieste or Klagenfurt and then make our way to Bovec? Of these three places, which is the easiest to reach the Soca Valley?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Poland to Austria In December
- 2 Tracking the Weather
- 3 Thinking about the Fjords
- 4 Camping on the Tour of Mont Blanc
- 5 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 6 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 7 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 8 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 9 Globus Iberian Tour
- 10 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 11 What are your St. Petersburg, Russia experiences?
- 12 base for Andalucia
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 Italy travel plan help
- 15 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 16 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 17 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 18 Budapest Card
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 21 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 22 road trip through scotland
- 23 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Requesting information about Flytolake/Lariobus