We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Slovenia and Croatia. We plan to fly into Slovenia, first spend time in the Soca Valley (around Bovec) and then work our way down through Ljubljana, and down the coast of Croatia, ending in Dubrovnik, flying back to the States from Dubrovnik. We have about 2 1/2 weeks for the entire trip.
I have realized that we are not going to get a great airfare during the summer, but would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible. What is the best way to get to Slovenia from the States? Should we fly into Ljubljana, and then backtrack to the Soca Valley, or could we fly into Trieste or Klagenfurt and then make our way to Bovec? Of these three places, which is the easiest to reach the Soca Valley?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 2 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 3 Things to do in Brussels
- 4 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 5 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 6 Short Trip in July
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 9 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 10 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 11 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 12 Naxos car rental
- 13 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 14 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 15 K-Day
- 16 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 17 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 18 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 19 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 20 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 21 Greek Islands (small)
- 22 Campervan in Croatia
- 23 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 24 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 25 Sim card/Amsterdam