We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Slovenia and Croatia. We plan to fly into Slovenia, first spend time in the Soca Valley (around Bovec) and then work our way down through Ljubljana, and down the coast of Croatia, ending in Dubrovnik, flying back to the States from Dubrovnik. We have about 2 1/2 weeks for the entire trip.
I have realized that we are not going to get a great airfare during the summer, but would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible. What is the best way to get to Slovenia from the States? Should we fly into Ljubljana, and then backtrack to the Soca Valley, or could we fly into Trieste or Klagenfurt and then make our way to Bovec? Of these three places, which is the easiest to reach the Soca Valley?
Travel from States to Soca Valley, Slovenia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 2 Anyone trying to get out of the French Alps?
- 3 2 Weeks in Germany in December
- 4 Best car/shuttle service from Paris to CDG
- 5 Stay in Chablis or Auxerre?
- 6 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 7 Berlin
- 8 Italy trip questions
- 9 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 10 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 11 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 12 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 13 Taormina to Palermo
- 14 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 15 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 16 history museums or locations
- 17 Budget family trip to Europe
- 18 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 19 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 20 caroline_venezia
- 21 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 22 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 23 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 24 Spain, Summer 2014 Itinerary Suggestions
- 25 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews