We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Slovenia and Croatia. We plan to fly into Slovenia, first spend time in the Soca Valley (around Bovec) and then work our way down through Ljubljana, and down the coast of Croatia, ending in Dubrovnik, flying back to the States from Dubrovnik. We have about 2 1/2 weeks for the entire trip.
I have realized that we are not going to get a great airfare during the summer, but would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible. What is the best way to get to Slovenia from the States? Should we fly into Ljubljana, and then backtrack to the Soca Valley, or could we fly into Trieste or Klagenfurt and then make our way to Bovec? Of these three places, which is the easiest to reach the Soca Valley?
Travel from States to Soca Valley, Slovenia
- 1 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 2 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 3 Paros or Naxos?
- 4 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 5 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 6 Florence: Medici Chapel & Basilica di Santa Croce
- 7 Need restaurant recommendations for cities in Croatia
- 8 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 9 Istanbul Hotels
- 10 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 11 Positano: hotel recommendations needed!
- 12 General questions about Sicily
- 13 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 14 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 15 Zee Best
- 16 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?
- 17 Yorkshire Dales and Moors home base? (and other questions)
- 18 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 19 Best Base on the Rhine for Day Trips
- 20 Christmas Markets - Frankfurt or Copenhagen
- 21 What to Give to Host Family
- 22 Rome apartment
- 23 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 24 Renting Road Bikes near Beaune
- 25 Rome stay - Flaminio P. del Popolo or P. del Colosseo?