We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Slovenia and Croatia. We plan to fly into Slovenia, first spend time in the Soca Valley (around Bovec) and then work our way down through Ljubljana, and down the coast of Croatia, ending in Dubrovnik, flying back to the States from Dubrovnik. We have about 2 1/2 weeks for the entire trip.
I have realized that we are not going to get a great airfare during the summer, but would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible. What is the best way to get to Slovenia from the States? Should we fly into Ljubljana, and then backtrack to the Soca Valley, or could we fly into Trieste or Klagenfurt and then make our way to Bovec? Of these three places, which is the easiest to reach the Soca Valley?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 2 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 3 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 4 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 5 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 6 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 7 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 8 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 9 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 10 Croatia in 16 days
- 11 Day trips to Florence, Venice - Any Recommended Tour Companies
- 12 Stay away from EF Tours
- 13 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 14 Yummy Swiss bites
- 15 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 16 3 Wake-up calls
- 17 Lazing it in Lisbon; Notes and Rambling Thoughts from and Extended Stay
- 18 Switzerland in 8 days
- 19 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 20 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 21 Taxis G7: need help in creating account
- 22 EU Roaming charges / SIM card
- 23 Scotland Itinerary
- 24 10 nights in France
- 25 2 London theatre recommendations