We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Slovenia and Croatia. We plan to fly into Slovenia, first spend time in the Soca Valley (around Bovec) and then work our way down through Ljubljana, and down the coast of Croatia, ending in Dubrovnik, flying back to the States from Dubrovnik. We have about 2 1/2 weeks for the entire trip.
I have realized that we are not going to get a great airfare during the summer, but would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible. What is the best way to get to Slovenia from the States? Should we fly into Ljubljana, and then backtrack to the Soca Valley, or could we fly into Trieste or Klagenfurt and then make our way to Bovec? Of these three places, which is the easiest to reach the Soca Valley?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 2 Dog friendly hotels
- 3 Vacation
- 4 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 5 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 6 Cambridge in May
- 7 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 8 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 9 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 10 No Periods in British Written English!
- 11 Self drive tour companies
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 Madrid/Lisbon
- 14 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 17 Day trips around Vienna
- 18 Greek fuel cost
- 19 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 20 Killarney
- 21 Walking itinerary in England?
- 22 First time in Bulgaria
- 23 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 24 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 25 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada