We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Slovenia and Croatia. We plan to fly into Slovenia, first spend time in the Soca Valley (around Bovec) and then work our way down through Ljubljana, and down the coast of Croatia, ending in Dubrovnik, flying back to the States from Dubrovnik. We have about 2 1/2 weeks for the entire trip.
I have realized that we are not going to get a great airfare during the summer, but would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible. What is the best way to get to Slovenia from the States? Should we fly into Ljubljana, and then backtrack to the Soca Valley, or could we fly into Trieste or Klagenfurt and then make our way to Bovec? Of these three places, which is the easiest to reach the Soca Valley?
Travel from States to Soca Valley, Slovenia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 2 Granada
- 3 caroline_venezia
- 4 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 5 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 6 5 Observations About Paris
- 7 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 8 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 9 Lake Como transportation questions
- 10 Cylades Island Hopping
- 11 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 12 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 13 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 14 history museums or locations
- 15 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 16 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 17 Greek Seas- Sailing on the Mediterranean
- 18 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 19 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 20 Good times in Munich, the city
- 21 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 22 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 23 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 24 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 25 Northern Italy Itinerary Help