We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Slovenia and Croatia. We plan to fly into Slovenia, first spend time in the Soca Valley (around Bovec) and then work our way down through Ljubljana, and down the coast of Croatia, ending in Dubrovnik, flying back to the States from Dubrovnik. We have about 2 1/2 weeks for the entire trip.
I have realized that we are not going to get a great airfare during the summer, but would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible. What is the best way to get to Slovenia from the States? Should we fly into Ljubljana, and then backtrack to the Soca Valley, or could we fly into Trieste or Klagenfurt and then make our way to Bovec? Of these three places, which is the easiest to reach the Soca Valley?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 2 Dolomites October 14-18
- 3 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 4 Berlin and chocolate lovers
- 5 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 6 Charles Degaulle question
- 7 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 8 Norway Itinerary
- 9 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 10 Pompeii luggage storage
- 11 Departure Tax in UK
- 12 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 13 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 14 FCO connection time
- 15 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 16 Train Help
- 17 First time in Italy
- 18 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 19 Train rides
- 20 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 21 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 22 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 23 One week in & near Marseille
- 24 Need Ireland Itinerary Help
- 25 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end