We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Slovenia and Croatia. We plan to fly into Slovenia, first spend time in the Soca Valley (around Bovec) and then work our way down through Ljubljana, and down the coast of Croatia, ending in Dubrovnik, flying back to the States from Dubrovnik. We have about 2 1/2 weeks for the entire trip.
I have realized that we are not going to get a great airfare during the summer, but would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible. What is the best way to get to Slovenia from the States? Should we fly into Ljubljana, and then backtrack to the Soca Valley, or could we fly into Trieste or Klagenfurt and then make our way to Bovec? Of these three places, which is the easiest to reach the Soca Valley?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 2 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 3 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 4 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 5 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 6 touring near rome airport
- 7 12 Days in Italy
- 8 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 9 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 10 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 11 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 12 day tours - Loire Valley
- 13 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 14 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 15 Sienna with kids
- 16 8 days in switzerland
- 17 Just in case anyone is wondering.....
- 18 Places to visits near Porto
- 19 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg
- 20 Seville in September-La Bienal
- 21 Italy - best two central locations
- 22 Museum of Decorative Arts
- 23 Italy in August with kids
- 24 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 25 Hop on Hop Off buses in Porto