We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Slovenia and Croatia. We plan to fly into Slovenia, first spend time in the Soca Valley (around Bovec) and then work our way down through Ljubljana, and down the coast of Croatia, ending in Dubrovnik, flying back to the States from Dubrovnik. We have about 2 1/2 weeks for the entire trip.
I have realized that we are not going to get a great airfare during the summer, but would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible. What is the best way to get to Slovenia from the States? Should we fly into Ljubljana, and then backtrack to the Soca Valley, or could we fly into Trieste or Klagenfurt and then make our way to Bovec? Of these three places, which is the easiest to reach the Soca Valley?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 2 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 3 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 4 London's Must Sights!
- 5 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 6 Venice & Bellagio Trip Report
- 7 20 Days in Europe
- 8 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 9 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 10 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 11 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 12 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 13 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 14 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 15 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 16 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 17 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 18 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 19 Europe in late January
- 20 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
- 21 European Cooking Secrets
- 22 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 23 Travel vs. Babies
- 24 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 25 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid