We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Slovenia and Croatia. We plan to fly into Slovenia, first spend time in the Soca Valley (around Bovec) and then work our way down through Ljubljana, and down the coast of Croatia, ending in Dubrovnik, flying back to the States from Dubrovnik. We have about 2 1/2 weeks for the entire trip.
I have realized that we are not going to get a great airfare during the summer, but would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible. What is the best way to get to Slovenia from the States? Should we fly into Ljubljana, and then backtrack to the Soca Valley, or could we fly into Trieste or Klagenfurt and then make our way to Bovec? Of these three places, which is the easiest to reach the Soca Valley?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast help
- 2 Revised itinerary for italy
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Paris Metro
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 A good book!!
- 8 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 9 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 12 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 13 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 14 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 15 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 16 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 17 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 18 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 CDG airport and connection time
- 22 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 23 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 24 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 25 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal