We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Slovenia and Croatia. We plan to fly into Slovenia, first spend time in the Soca Valley (around Bovec) and then work our way down through Ljubljana, and down the coast of Croatia, ending in Dubrovnik, flying back to the States from Dubrovnik. We have about 2 1/2 weeks for the entire trip.
I have realized that we are not going to get a great airfare during the summer, but would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible. What is the best way to get to Slovenia from the States? Should we fly into Ljubljana, and then backtrack to the Soca Valley, or could we fly into Trieste or Klagenfurt and then make our way to Bovec? Of these three places, which is the easiest to reach the Soca Valley?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 2 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 3 Train up the Jungfrau
- 4 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 5 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 6 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 7 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 8 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 9 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 10 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 13 Turin Hotels - Current Offerings
- 14 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 15 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 16 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 17 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 18 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 19 First Trip to Ireland
- 20 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 21 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 22 Laokasti Villa in Oia
- 23 Athens multi site pass
- 24 London best location
- 25 Dinner get-together in Paris?