We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Slovenia and Croatia. We plan to fly into Slovenia, first spend time in the Soca Valley (around Bovec) and then work our way down through Ljubljana, and down the coast of Croatia, ending in Dubrovnik, flying back to the States from Dubrovnik. We have about 2 1/2 weeks for the entire trip.
I have realized that we are not going to get a great airfare during the summer, but would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible. What is the best way to get to Slovenia from the States? Should we fly into Ljubljana, and then backtrack to the Soca Valley, or could we fly into Trieste or Klagenfurt and then make our way to Bovec? Of these three places, which is the easiest to reach the Soca Valley?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 2 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 3 cell phone companys
- 4 Itinerary and Hotel Recommendations -- Amalfi Coast
- 5 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 6 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 7 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 8 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 9 Spain Itinerary Help
- 10 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 11 Ravello to Paestum
- 12 Barcelona completely overrated
- 13 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 14 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 15 Hotel recommendation in Berchtesgaden
- 16 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 17 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 18 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 19 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 20 Two weeks in Puglia - Help with itinerary please
- 21 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 22 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 25 Itinerary Help!