We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Slovenia and Croatia. We plan to fly into Slovenia, first spend time in the Soca Valley (around Bovec) and then work our way down through Ljubljana, and down the coast of Croatia, ending in Dubrovnik, flying back to the States from Dubrovnik. We have about 2 1/2 weeks for the entire trip.
I have realized that we are not going to get a great airfare during the summer, but would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible. What is the best way to get to Slovenia from the States? Should we fly into Ljubljana, and then backtrack to the Soca Valley, or could we fly into Trieste or Klagenfurt and then make our way to Bovec? Of these three places, which is the easiest to reach the Soca Valley?
Travel from States to Soca Valley, Slovenia
- 1 London at Easter
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 Prague - must see
- 4 Travel by train or bus
- 5 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 6 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 7 Car in Prague
- 8 Which travel plan?
- 9 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 10 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 13 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 14 Family European winter holiday
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 17 Planning a holiday
- 18 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 19 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 20 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 21 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 22 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 23 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 24 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 25 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati