So, I'm at the very final stage of our trip planning. We fly into Madrid and stay a few days, before picking up a rental, travelling to Toledo, Granada, Cordoba and Seville. We then catch a plane to Bilbao, and a bus to San Sebastian.
The final leg of our trip is to get from San Sebastian to Madrid for our return flight. Our flight leaves at 10pm, so we have plenty of time during that day to get to Madrid.
My current thinking is to pick up a rental and drive via Burgos. The route here suggests it's ~ 450km. Reason being, the flights that leave San Sebastian or Bilbao are generally early flights (e.g. leave 8am), or otherwise very expensive; and we don't want to arrive in Madrid too early and waste a day at the airport.
Is this route do-able in a day? We could leave San Sebastian early (pick up the car in the morning or the day before), and it's only a couple of hours to Burgos, where we could look around and have lunch before trekking on to Madrid.
Alternatively, we have 5 nights in San Sebastian, so we could instead spend 4 there and 1 in Burgos...
Any thoughts appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples & Amalfi Coast
- 2 Looking for Recommendations around ENNA in Sicily
- 3 Avignon
- 4 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 5 Palace of the Popes
- 6 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 7 Trip report-London, France, Belguim
- 8 Taking wine home from France
- 9 Booking through conciergerie.com
- 10 Cycling in France
- 11 September in Switzerland
- 12 Drive or train Austria
- 13 International Driver's license requested at rental agencies in Spain
- 14 Need advice on transportation
- 15 3.5 days Itinerary in Switzerland
- 16 St Moritz hiking
- 17 TURKEY + ? in 20 days
- 18 Suggestions for cheaper destinations for mid-twenties couple
- 19 Ferry Milazzo to Lipari
- 20 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 21 Stops between Frankfurt and Berner Oberland
- 22 Franfurt to Munich over a week - Fodorite wisdom?
- 23 DW, DD6, DD4, and me to Greece!!! Yippeeee.
- 24 Norway by motorhome
- 25 Porto to Lisbon and the airport