So, I'm at the very final stage of our trip planning. We fly into Madrid and stay a few days, before picking up a rental, travelling to Toledo, Granada, Cordoba and Seville. We then catch a plane to Bilbao, and a bus to San Sebastian.
The final leg of our trip is to get from San Sebastian to Madrid for our return flight. Our flight leaves at 10pm, so we have plenty of time during that day to get to Madrid.
My current thinking is to pick up a rental and drive via Burgos. The route here suggests it's ~ 450km. Reason being, the flights that leave San Sebastian or Bilbao are generally early flights (e.g. leave 8am), or otherwise very expensive; and we don't want to arrive in Madrid too early and waste a day at the airport.
Is this route do-able in a day? We could leave San Sebastian early (pick up the car in the morning or the day before), and it's only a couple of hours to Burgos, where we could look around and have lunch before trekking on to Madrid.
Alternatively, we have 5 nights in San Sebastian, so we could instead spend 4 there and 1 in Burgos...
Any thoughts appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 2 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 3 Portugal - 2 week honeymoon itinerary - Looking for feedback
- 4 What tips can you give about packing?
- 5 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 6 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 7 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 8 One night in Rome
- 9 Sintra
- 10 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 11 How the kids age calculated
- 12 Murren to Prague
- 13 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 14 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 15 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 16 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 17 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 20 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 21 Scotland Trip Report
- 22 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 23 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 24 Cordoba Overnight?
- 25 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?