So, I'm at the very final stage of our trip planning. We fly into Madrid and stay a few days, before picking up a rental, travelling to Toledo, Granada, Cordoba and Seville. We then catch a plane to Bilbao, and a bus to San Sebastian.
The final leg of our trip is to get from San Sebastian to Madrid for our return flight. Our flight leaves at 10pm, so we have plenty of time during that day to get to Madrid.
My current thinking is to pick up a rental and drive via Burgos. The route here suggests it's ~ 450km. Reason being, the flights that leave San Sebastian or Bilbao are generally early flights (e.g. leave 8am), or otherwise very expensive; and we don't want to arrive in Madrid too early and waste a day at the airport.
Is this route do-able in a day? We could leave San Sebastian early (pick up the car in the morning or the day before), and it's only a couple of hours to Burgos, where we could look around and have lunch before trekking on to Madrid.
Alternatively, we have 5 nights in San Sebastian, so we could instead spend 4 there and 1 in Burgos...
Any thoughts appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 2 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 3 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 4 Golf Partner in Istanbul
- 5 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 6 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 7 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 8 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 9 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 10 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 11 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 12 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 13 Greece itinerary--reasonable?
- 14 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 15 6 days in Croatia
- 16 Train tickets in Italy?
- 17 Getting around Lisbon
- 18 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 19 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 20 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 21 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 22 YIKES!
- 23 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 24 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 25 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...