So, I'm at the very final stage of our trip planning. We fly into Madrid and stay a few days, before picking up a rental, travelling to Toledo, Granada, Cordoba and Seville. We then catch a plane to Bilbao, and a bus to San Sebastian.
The final leg of our trip is to get from San Sebastian to Madrid for our return flight. Our flight leaves at 10pm, so we have plenty of time during that day to get to Madrid.
My current thinking is to pick up a rental and drive via Burgos. The route here suggests it's ~ 450km. Reason being, the flights that leave San Sebastian or Bilbao are generally early flights (e.g. leave 8am), or otherwise very expensive; and we don't want to arrive in Madrid too early and waste a day at the airport.
Is this route do-able in a day? We could leave San Sebastian early (pick up the car in the morning or the day before), and it's only a couple of hours to Burgos, where we could look around and have lunch before trekking on to Madrid.
Alternatively, we have 5 nights in San Sebastian, so we could instead spend 4 there and 1 in Burgos...
Any thoughts appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily or Rome
- 2 http://musclegrowth77.com/garcinia-replenish/
- 3 When and how to book for a trip?
- 4 Provence to Nice driving
- 5 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 6 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 7 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 8 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 9 Hotels in Aix-En-Provence
- 10 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 11 France to stop making foie grois
- 12 Small detour from Paris
- 13 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 14 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 15 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 16 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 17 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 18 please revew provence agenda
- 19 file of medicinal drug alleviation plans
- 20 Transportation from Spain to Portugal
- 21 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 22 holiday problem in Budapest
- 23 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 24 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 25 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016