So, I'm at the very final stage of our trip planning. We fly into Madrid and stay a few days, before picking up a rental, travelling to Toledo, Granada, Cordoba and Seville. We then catch a plane to Bilbao, and a bus to San Sebastian.
The final leg of our trip is to get from San Sebastian to Madrid for our return flight. Our flight leaves at 10pm, so we have plenty of time during that day to get to Madrid.
My current thinking is to pick up a rental and drive via Burgos. The route here suggests it's ~ 450km. Reason being, the flights that leave San Sebastian or Bilbao are generally early flights (e.g. leave 8am), or otherwise very expensive; and we don't want to arrive in Madrid too early and waste a day at the airport.
Is this route do-able in a day? We could leave San Sebastian early (pick up the car in the morning or the day before), and it's only a couple of hours to Burgos, where we could look around and have lunch before trekking on to Madrid.
Alternatively, we have 5 nights in San Sebastian, so we could instead spend 4 there and 1 in Burgos...
Any thoughts appreciated.
Travel from San Sebastian to Madrid Barajas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 2 Airport ATMs
- 3 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 4 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 5 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 6 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 7 Story of the German Christmas star
- 8 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 9 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 10 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 11 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 12 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 13 All Set To Go!!
- 14 American Express
- 15 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 16 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast
- 17 Help with European vacation plan
- 18 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 19 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 20 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 21 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 22 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 23 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 24 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 25 Three ferries to Mull