So, I'm at the very final stage of our trip planning. We fly into Madrid and stay a few days, before picking up a rental, travelling to Toledo, Granada, Cordoba and Seville. We then catch a plane to Bilbao, and a bus to San Sebastian.
The final leg of our trip is to get from San Sebastian to Madrid for our return flight. Our flight leaves at 10pm, so we have plenty of time during that day to get to Madrid.
My current thinking is to pick up a rental and drive via Burgos. The route here suggests it's ~ 450km. Reason being, the flights that leave San Sebastian or Bilbao are generally early flights (e.g. leave 8am), or otherwise very expensive; and we don't want to arrive in Madrid too early and waste a day at the airport.
Is this route do-able in a day? We could leave San Sebastian early (pick up the car in the morning or the day before), and it's only a couple of hours to Burgos, where we could look around and have lunch before trekking on to Madrid.
Alternatively, we have 5 nights in San Sebastian, so we could instead spend 4 there and 1 in Burgos...
Any thoughts appreciated.
Travel from San Sebastian to Madrid Barajas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in 21 days
- 2 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 3 Spain Questions
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 6 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 7 Avignon to London?
- 8 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 9 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 12 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 15 one last portugal car rental question
- 16 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 17 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 18 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 19 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 22 Street food in Turkey
- 23 Dublin Hostels
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions