So, I'm at the very final stage of our trip planning. We fly into Madrid and stay a few days, before picking up a rental, travelling to Toledo, Granada, Cordoba and Seville. We then catch a plane to Bilbao, and a bus to San Sebastian.
The final leg of our trip is to get from San Sebastian to Madrid for our return flight. Our flight leaves at 10pm, so we have plenty of time during that day to get to Madrid.
My current thinking is to pick up a rental and drive via Burgos. The route here suggests it's ~ 450km. Reason being, the flights that leave San Sebastian or Bilbao are generally early flights (e.g. leave 8am), or otherwise very expensive; and we don't want to arrive in Madrid too early and waste a day at the airport.
Is this route do-able in a day? We could leave San Sebastian early (pick up the car in the morning or the day before), and it's only a couple of hours to Burgos, where we could look around and have lunch before trekking on to Madrid.
Alternatively, we have 5 nights in San Sebastian, so we could instead spend 4 there and 1 in Burgos...
Any thoughts appreciated.
Travel from San Sebastian to Madrid Barajas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 2 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 3 Italian cooking classes
- 4 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 5 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 6 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 7 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 8 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 9 Fjords, How To?
- 10 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 13 Budget for 3 Month's
- 14 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 15 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 16 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 17 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 18 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 19 London visit
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 22 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 23 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 24 21 Days in Central Europe
- 25 Driving to Paris... Parking?