So, I'm at the very final stage of our trip planning. We fly into Madrid and stay a few days, before picking up a rental, travelling to Toledo, Granada, Cordoba and Seville. We then catch a plane to Bilbao, and a bus to San Sebastian.
The final leg of our trip is to get from San Sebastian to Madrid for our return flight. Our flight leaves at 10pm, so we have plenty of time during that day to get to Madrid.
My current thinking is to pick up a rental and drive via Burgos. The route here suggests it's ~ 450km. Reason being, the flights that leave San Sebastian or Bilbao are generally early flights (e.g. leave 8am), or otherwise very expensive; and we don't want to arrive in Madrid too early and waste a day at the airport.
Is this route do-able in a day? We could leave San Sebastian early (pick up the car in the morning or the day before), and it's only a couple of hours to Burgos, where we could look around and have lunch before trekking on to Madrid.
Alternatively, we have 5 nights in San Sebastian, so we could instead spend 4 there and 1 in Burgos...
Any thoughts appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 2 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 3 Venice to Positano to Rome travel help
- 4 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 5 Beaune looking for accommodation suggestions
- 6 Fodor's Survey
- 7 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 8 The Independent Storefronts of Paris
- 9 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 10 Barcelona question
- 11 Help with first time trip with family
- 12 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 13 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 14 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 15 European Cooking Secrets
- 16 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 17 Azores, Canary Islands, Mallorca, or Hawaii for August Honeymoon
- 18 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 19 My 60th birthday surprises
- 20 20 Days in Europe
- 21 4 days in switzerland
- 22 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 23 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 24 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 25 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!