My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany for ourselves and our two daughters (ages 6 and 13) in mid-April. We are going to Munich first, and would like to do a day trip down to Neuschwanstein. We are thinking of renting a car and driving down there, rather than taking the train, as the train sounds like it takes longer and might limit our flexibility in getting down there and leaving when we wish. Is it a long drive? Is there a lot of traffic? Is driving in and out of Munich a problem? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.
travel from Munich to Neuschwanstein
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 2 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 3 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 4 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 5 Azores
- 6 Trains in Italy
- 7 French open
- 8 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 9 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 10 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 11 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 12 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 13 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 14 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 15 England and Scotland
- 16 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 17 Air pollution in Paris
- 18 tulips in the Netherland
- 19 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 20 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 21 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 22 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 23 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 24 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 25 Azores