I will be traveling with my husband and 12 year old son this July. This is a trip of a lifetime for us. My husband will be there on business for the first part of the trip and my son and I get to tag along. This is our first trip to this area of Europe. We have a week to get from Munich to Milan. I am looking for suggestions on where to stay and what not to miss along the way. We do not think we want to be in a different city every day as the first part of our trip will be hectic. (We leave California and travel to Chicago for 2 days, London for 2 days, Paris for 2 days, and Munich for 4.) We want to relax and visit smaller towns and/cities on the last leg of our journey. I have looked at Lucerne, Venice, the Lake Como area, Lugano, Salzberg, and Innsbruck. I think 3 days in a town/city on the way to Lake Como, and 3 days on the lake will be nice but I am open to suggestions.
One idea is to stay 1 nights at the Art Alp Hotel in Gotzens, 2 night in Lugano (not sure where), and 3 at the Grand Hotel in Moltrasio, Lake Como. (Or 2 nights in Lake Como and the last night in Milan.
Suggestions on towns,places to stay and eat are welcome. We prefer rooms that will accommodate all 3 of us or a B&B where we are on the same floor.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 4 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 5 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 6 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 7 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 8 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 9 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 10 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 11 First time in Bulgaria
- 12 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 13 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 14 Alps Drive
- 15 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 St Denis Cathedral
- 18 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 19 Paris cooking classes
- 20 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 21 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 22 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 23 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 24 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy