I will be traveling with my husband and 12 year old son this July. This is a trip of a lifetime for us. My husband will be there on business for the first part of the trip and my son and I get to tag along. This is our first trip to this area of Europe. We have a week to get from Munich to Milan. I am looking for suggestions on where to stay and what not to miss along the way. We do not think we want to be in a different city every day as the first part of our trip will be hectic. (We leave California and travel to Chicago for 2 days, London for 2 days, Paris for 2 days, and Munich for 4.) We want to relax and visit smaller towns and/cities on the last leg of our journey. I have looked at Lucerne, Venice, the Lake Como area, Lugano, Salzberg, and Innsbruck. I think 3 days in a town/city on the way to Lake Como, and 3 days on the lake will be nice but I am open to suggestions.
One idea is to stay 1 nights at the Art Alp Hotel in Gotzens, 2 night in Lugano (not sure where), and 3 at the Grand Hotel in Moltrasio, Lake Como. (Or 2 nights in Lake Como and the last night in Milan.
Suggestions on towns,places to stay and eat are welcome. We prefer rooms that will accommodate all 3 of us or a B&B where we are on the same floor.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 weekend from cologne germany
- 2 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 3 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 4 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 5 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 6 Switzerland in September
- 7 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 8 Where to eat in Rome?
- 9 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 10 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 11 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 12 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 14 Positano or Sorrento?
- 15 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 16 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 17 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 18 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 19 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 20 Last minute trip to Capri
- 21 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 22 AMS Car Rental
- 23 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 24 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 25 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps