I will be traveling with my husband and 12 year old son this July. This is a trip of a lifetime for us. My husband will be there on business for the first part of the trip and my son and I get to tag along. This is our first trip to this area of Europe. We have a week to get from Munich to Milan. I am looking for suggestions on where to stay and what not to miss along the way. We do not think we want to be in a different city every day as the first part of our trip will be hectic. (We leave California and travel to Chicago for 2 days, London for 2 days, Paris for 2 days, and Munich for 4.) We want to relax and visit smaller towns and/cities on the last leg of our journey. I have looked at Lucerne, Venice, the Lake Como area, Lugano, Salzberg, and Innsbruck. I think 3 days in a town/city on the way to Lake Como, and 3 days on the lake will be nice but I am open to suggestions.
One idea is to stay 1 nights at the Art Alp Hotel in Gotzens, 2 night in Lugano (not sure where), and 3 at the Grand Hotel in Moltrasio, Lake Como. (Or 2 nights in Lake Como and the last night in Milan.
Suggestions on towns,places to stay and eat are welcome. We prefer rooms that will accommodate all 3 of us or a B&B where we are on the same floor.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 2 Trip suggestion
- 3 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 4 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 5 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 8 Dijon in December!
- 9 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 10 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 11 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 12 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 16 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 17 Summer Travel order
- 18 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 19 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 20 Swiss Travel Pass
- 21 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 Another tipping question: concierges
- 24 24 hours in Zurich
- 25 One day on the Amalfi coast