I will be traveling with my husband and 12 year old son this July. This is a trip of a lifetime for us. My husband will be there on business for the first part of the trip and my son and I get to tag along. This is our first trip to this area of Europe. We have a week to get from Munich to Milan. I am looking for suggestions on where to stay and what not to miss along the way. We do not think we want to be in a different city every day as the first part of our trip will be hectic. (We leave California and travel to Chicago for 2 days, London for 2 days, Paris for 2 days, and Munich for 4.) We want to relax and visit smaller towns and/cities on the last leg of our journey. I have looked at Lucerne, Venice, the Lake Como area, Lugano, Salzberg, and Innsbruck. I think 3 days in a town/city on the way to Lake Como, and 3 days on the lake will be nice but I am open to suggestions.
One idea is to stay 1 nights at the Art Alp Hotel in Gotzens, 2 night in Lugano (not sure where), and 3 at the Grand Hotel in Moltrasio, Lake Como. (Or 2 nights in Lake Como and the last night in Milan.
Suggestions on towns,places to stay and eat are welcome. We prefer rooms that will accommodate all 3 of us or a B&B where we are on the same floor.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 2 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 3 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 4 Renting a car in Greece
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 7 renting a car in greece
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 12 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 13 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 14 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 15 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 16 retruning to US with souveniers
- 17 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 18 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 19 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 20 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 21 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 22 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 23 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 Help on ancient history route