I will be traveling with my husband and 12 year old son this July. This is a trip of a lifetime for us. My husband will be there on business for the first part of the trip and my son and I get to tag along. This is our first trip to this area of Europe. We have a week to get from Munich to Milan. I am looking for suggestions on where to stay and what not to miss along the way. We do not think we want to be in a different city every day as the first part of our trip will be hectic. (We leave California and travel to Chicago for 2 days, London for 2 days, Paris for 2 days, and Munich for 4.) We want to relax and visit smaller towns and/cities on the last leg of our journey. I have looked at Lucerne, Venice, the Lake Como area, Lugano, Salzberg, and Innsbruck. I think 3 days in a town/city on the way to Lake Como, and 3 days on the lake will be nice but I am open to suggestions.
One idea is to stay 1 nights at the Art Alp Hotel in Gotzens, 2 night in Lugano (not sure where), and 3 at the Grand Hotel in Moltrasio, Lake Como. (Or 2 nights in Lake Como and the last night in Milan.
Suggestions on towns,places to stay and eat are welcome. We prefer rooms that will accommodate all 3 of us or a B&B where we are on the same floor.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 2 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 3 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 4 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 5 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 6 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 7 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 8 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 9 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 10 38 Days in Paris
- 11 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 12 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 13 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 14 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 15 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 16 How the kids age calculated
- 17 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 21 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 22 Beaune France
- 23 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 24 Firt time VISA applicant
- 25 Cordoba Overnight?