I am going to be departing on a Birthright Trip to Israel next week. I have extended my trip so that I may work at a camp in Turkey afterward. I made all of my plans well before any of the tensions between Turkey and Israel intensified at the end of May. I am becoming concerned that perhaps my plans should be adjusted because of this. I am just wanting some other points of view (besides my local media) on traveling in this situation... particularly from Israel. It is so difficult to get any accurate information here in the USA.
I will be picked up at the Istanbul airport by a representative from the camp I am volunteering at. So at no point will I be traveling alone, but I wanted to know your opinions on being a Jewish traveler (from the USA, flying from Israel) in Turkey at this time.
Thank you SO SO much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 2 Dublin Leap Card
- 3 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 4 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 5 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 6 10 days Berner Oberland, Lake Geneva. Chamonix, yes or no
- 7 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 8 Morocco to Spain Border Crossing
- 9 2 weeks Europe trip
- 10 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 11 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 12 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 13 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 14 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 15 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 FERRY : ISCHIA to CAPRI (and ISCHIA-SORRENTO)
- 18 Advice on apartment in Spain and location
- 19 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 20 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 21 mountain views near London
- 22 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 23 Piedmont as a destination
- 24 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 25 Cordoba Overnight?