I am going to be departing on a Birthright Trip to Israel next week. I have extended my trip so that I may work at a camp in Turkey afterward. I made all of my plans well before any of the tensions between Turkey and Israel intensified at the end of May. I am becoming concerned that perhaps my plans should be adjusted because of this. I am just wanting some other points of view (besides my local media) on traveling in this situation... particularly from Israel. It is so difficult to get any accurate information here in the USA.
I will be picked up at the Istanbul airport by a representative from the camp I am volunteering at. So at no point will I be traveling alone, but I wanted to know your opinions on being a Jewish traveler (from the USA, flying from Israel) in Turkey at this time.
Thank you SO SO much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must do/see in Rome
- 2 Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 3 Day trip suggestions from Beaune, France & Burgundy
- 4 Best way to deal with large, cash-only lodging bill - Amsterdam
- 5 Travel in England and Scotland
- 6 Georges - Pompidou center
- 7 lake garda or lake como and how many nights
- 8 A Transferwise offer
- 9 One day in Paris!
- 10 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 11 Shortest return to Paris (or somewhere else you loved) after coming home
- 12 Bergen Tour.Any suggestion pls.
- 13 Trying to figure out the Copenhagen metro
- 14 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 15 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 16 Villa in Ibiza for summer 2015
- 17 Considering change in Mid-Italy itinerary
- 18 Fall 2016 England andScotland
- 19 Normandy Trip Report Day #1 of my Month Stay
- 20 Iceland Key Carrental
- 21 Texans Take a Tour
- 22 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 23 Lisbon
- 24 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 25 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!