I am going to be departing on a Birthright Trip to Israel next week. I have extended my trip so that I may work at a camp in Turkey afterward. I made all of my plans well before any of the tensions between Turkey and Israel intensified at the end of May. I am becoming concerned that perhaps my plans should be adjusted because of this. I am just wanting some other points of view (besides my local media) on traveling in this situation... particularly from Israel. It is so difficult to get any accurate information here in the USA.
I will be picked up at the Istanbul airport by a representative from the camp I am volunteering at. So at no point will I be traveling alone, but I wanted to know your opinions on being a Jewish traveler (from the USA, flying from Israel) in Turkey at this time.
Thank you SO SO much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 3 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 4 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 5 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 6 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 7 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 8 Travelling with Vueling?
- 9 Night Bus?
- 10 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 11 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 12 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 13 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 14 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 15 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 16 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 17 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 18 seat reservations
- 19 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 20 Italy in a week
- 21 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 22 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 23 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 24 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 25 Valencia Spain