I am going to be departing on a Birthright Trip to Israel next week. I have extended my trip so that I may work at a camp in Turkey afterward. I made all of my plans well before any of the tensions between Turkey and Israel intensified at the end of May. I am becoming concerned that perhaps my plans should be adjusted because of this. I am just wanting some other points of view (besides my local media) on traveling in this situation... particularly from Israel. It is so difficult to get any accurate information here in the USA.
I will be picked up at the Istanbul airport by a representative from the camp I am volunteering at. So at no point will I be traveling alone, but I wanted to know your opinions on being a Jewish traveler (from the USA, flying from Israel) in Turkey at this time.
Thank you SO SO much!
Travel from Israel to Turkey... should I be concerned?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 2 Terrorism in Europe
- 3 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 4 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 5 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como
- 6 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 7 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 8 Greece - Sailing in Santorini
- 9 Hiking the Gap of Dunloe
- 10 Wernigerode and The Harz - Where to base oneself?
- 11 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 12 Bamberg and Environs - 9 nights
- 13 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 14 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 15 Which town to choose for lodging in Cinque Terre
- 16 Cinque Terre - which town to stay in & suggest a hotel?
- 17 Spain and Portugal Trip Help
- 18 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 19 Night Train - Need help
- 20 White Villages base?
- 21 Traveling to France
- 22 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 23 18 hour layover in Helsinki
- 24 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 25 using airbnb for the first time...