I am going to be departing on a Birthright Trip to Israel next week. I have extended my trip so that I may work at a camp in Turkey afterward. I made all of my plans well before any of the tensions between Turkey and Israel intensified at the end of May. I am becoming concerned that perhaps my plans should be adjusted because of this. I am just wanting some other points of view (besides my local media) on traveling in this situation... particularly from Israel. It is so difficult to get any accurate information here in the USA.
I will be picked up at the Istanbul airport by a representative from the camp I am volunteering at. So at no point will I be traveling alone, but I wanted to know your opinions on being a Jewish traveler (from the USA, flying from Israel) in Turkey at this time.
Thank you SO SO much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 2 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 3 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 4 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 5 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 6 6 Days in Italy
- 7 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 8 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 9 Low Deposit Holidays| Low Cost Getaway| Secure From Book It Now
- 10 Have Toddler, Will Travel
- 11 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 12 Please Rec best VPN Internet service/company for Italy
- 13 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 14 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 15 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 16 Stu Tower
- 17 Single Female Traveler in Italy
- 18 Maybe your worst nightmare...
- 19 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 20 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 21 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 22 Crete Holiday
- 23 DeGaulle to the dock at Le Pecq?
- 24 What to do in San Marino + Internet connection
- 25 skopsko beer and shopsko salad. my week in macedonia