I am going to be departing on a Birthright Trip to Israel next week. I have extended my trip so that I may work at a camp in Turkey afterward. I made all of my plans well before any of the tensions between Turkey and Israel intensified at the end of May. I am becoming concerned that perhaps my plans should be adjusted because of this. I am just wanting some other points of view (besides my local media) on traveling in this situation... particularly from Israel. It is so difficult to get any accurate information here in the USA.
I will be picked up at the Istanbul airport by a representative from the camp I am volunteering at. So at no point will I be traveling alone, but I wanted to know your opinions on being a Jewish traveler (from the USA, flying from Israel) in Turkey at this time.
Thank you SO SO much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 2 Train tickets in Italy?
- 3 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 4 credit and debit cards
- 5 17 days Slovenia croatia
- 6 Getting around Lisbon
- 7 Athens International airport
- 8 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 9 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 10 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 11 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 12 YIKES!
- 13 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 14 Cinqueterre
- 15 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 16 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 17 Swiss Pass
- 18 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 19 Trip to Ireland in September
- 20 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 21 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 24 Final Four
- 25 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???