I am going to be departing on a Birthright Trip to Israel next week. I have extended my trip so that I may work at a camp in Turkey afterward. I made all of my plans well before any of the tensions between Turkey and Israel intensified at the end of May. I am becoming concerned that perhaps my plans should be adjusted because of this. I am just wanting some other points of view (besides my local media) on traveling in this situation... particularly from Israel. It is so difficult to get any accurate information here in the USA.
I will be picked up at the Istanbul airport by a representative from the camp I am volunteering at. So at no point will I be traveling alone, but I wanted to know your opinions on being a Jewish traveler (from the USA, flying from Israel) in Turkey at this time.
Thank you SO SO much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One in Paris ... help
- 2 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 3 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 4 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 5 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 6 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 7 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 8 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 9 T Mobile Does it Again
- 10 Which order should I travel
- 11 Which order should I travel
- 12 Which order should I travel
- 13 Strasbourg sights and day trips
- 14 Train questions for Switzerland
- 15 First timers to Italy
- 16 Traveling from Vienna to Berlin
- 17 SWITZERLAND IN 5 SUMMER DAYS
- 18 Italy by Train - Sequence Recommendations
- 19 7 days St Moritz, Interlaken, Zermatt
- 20 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 21 Itinerary Help
- 22 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 23 Hungary itinerary Help
- 24 Dolomites October 14-18
- 25 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids