I am going to be departing on a Birthright Trip to Israel next week. I have extended my trip so that I may work at a camp in Turkey afterward. I made all of my plans well before any of the tensions between Turkey and Israel intensified at the end of May. I am becoming concerned that perhaps my plans should be adjusted because of this. I am just wanting some other points of view (besides my local media) on traveling in this situation... particularly from Israel. It is so difficult to get any accurate information here in the USA.
I will be picked up at the Istanbul airport by a representative from the camp I am volunteering at. So at no point will I be traveling alone, but I wanted to know your opinions on being a Jewish traveler (from the USA, flying from Israel) in Turkey at this time.
Thank you SO SO much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What clothes?
- 2 When neurotic people plan vacations
- 3 Do we need a car?
- 4 Switzerland/Italian Lakes Itinerary Help
- 5 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 6 Trains through Germany
- 7 itinerary Help? 2 weeks in Scandinavia
- 8 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 9 Advice about Naples?
- 10 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 11 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 12 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 13 tipping
- 14 Europe Backpacking Itinerary: Feedback Appreciated!
- 15 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 16 Best location for hotel in Milan for 2 nights
- 17 Paris -?- Rome
- 18 best shopping deals in paris and italy?
- 19 Need advice on Mt. Rigi hike from Lucerne
- 20 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 21 Anne Frank House - new entry system advice
- 22 Portugal June
- 23 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 24 Nice-Barcelona-Valencia
- 25 best way to travel from Budapest airport