I am going to be departing on a Birthright Trip to Israel next week. I have extended my trip so that I may work at a camp in Turkey afterward. I made all of my plans well before any of the tensions between Turkey and Israel intensified at the end of May. I am becoming concerned that perhaps my plans should be adjusted because of this. I am just wanting some other points of view (besides my local media) on traveling in this situation... particularly from Israel. It is so difficult to get any accurate information here in the USA.
I will be picked up at the Istanbul airport by a representative from the camp I am volunteering at. So at no point will I be traveling alone, but I wanted to know your opinions on being a Jewish traveler (from the USA, flying from Israel) in Turkey at this time.
Thank you SO SO much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland - We're Here!
- 2 Train / Calabria
- 3 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 4 16 days in France and Italy
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 TIM in FCO - update
- 7 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 8 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 9 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 10 Itinery help Crete
- 11 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 12 Lisbon - a few tips
- 13 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 14 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 15 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 16 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 17 Avoid Europcar!
- 18 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 19 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 20 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 21 European Vacation 2017
- 22 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 23 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 24 Need help in completing trip details
- 25 Odd Question - freezer and microwave