I am going to be departing on a Birthright Trip to Israel next week. I have extended my trip so that I may work at a camp in Turkey afterward. I made all of my plans well before any of the tensions between Turkey and Israel intensified at the end of May. I am becoming concerned that perhaps my plans should be adjusted because of this. I am just wanting some other points of view (besides my local media) on traveling in this situation... particularly from Israel. It is so difficult to get any accurate information here in the USA.
I will be picked up at the Istanbul airport by a representative from the camp I am volunteering at. So at no point will I be traveling alone, but I wanted to know your opinions on being a Jewish traveler (from the USA, flying from Israel) in Turkey at this time.
Thank you SO SO much!
Travel from Israel to Turkey... should I be concerned?
- 1 Gary Seckendorf - Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 2 Surely someone has attended the Lyon Festival of Lights--advice please
- 3 Chip & Pin Only
- 4 Paris Photo from Bing Today
- 5 Italian Almond Bakery Cookie with dried cherry in center
- 6 1 1/2 Days in Frankfurt - Looking for Suggestions
- 7 Travel from Heathrow to Chessington
- 8 7 days in Greece, September 2014
- 9 vienna accommodation help
- 10 A family of 4 - 4 days in Switzerland
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 Paris-Barcelona high-speed trains are go!
- 13 Turkey Museum Pass - Where to buy?
- 14 Swiss train travel - why so costly?
- 15 3 days 2nights in Sicily
- 16 how long in Malta?
- 17 Two weeks or so in Belgium and Netherlands
- 18 Funny questions over the years on Basque Country and Spain
- 19 Visiting Provence for first time - few questions
- 20 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 21 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 22 Heterogeneous Xmas in Spain
- 23 Bring or rent skis to Switzerland?
- 24 Itinerary set - now help me pick a Kas hotel for early June
- 25 Sicily 10 days