I am going to be departing on a Birthright Trip to Israel next week. I have extended my trip so that I may work at a camp in Turkey afterward. I made all of my plans well before any of the tensions between Turkey and Israel intensified at the end of May. I am becoming concerned that perhaps my plans should be adjusted because of this. I am just wanting some other points of view (besides my local media) on traveling in this situation... particularly from Israel. It is so difficult to get any accurate information here in the USA.
I will be picked up at the Istanbul airport by a representative from the camp I am volunteering at. So at no point will I be traveling alone, but I wanted to know your opinions on being a Jewish traveler (from the USA, flying from Israel) in Turkey at this time.
Thank you SO SO much!
Travel from Israel to Turkey... should I be concerned?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 2 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 3 Nice Video about Poland
- 4 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 5 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 6 itinerary help
- 7 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 8 Reims for a day
- 9 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 10 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 11 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 12 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 13 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 14 Toulouse and beyond -
- 15 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 16 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 17 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 18 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 19 Scotland
- 20 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 21 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 22 Can't choose between Seville and Granada!
- 23 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 24 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 25 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London