I am going to be departing on a Birthright Trip to Israel next week. I have extended my trip so that I may work at a camp in Turkey afterward. I made all of my plans well before any of the tensions between Turkey and Israel intensified at the end of May. I am becoming concerned that perhaps my plans should be adjusted because of this. I am just wanting some other points of view (besides my local media) on traveling in this situation... particularly from Israel. It is so difficult to get any accurate information here in the USA.
I will be picked up at the Istanbul airport by a representative from the camp I am volunteering at. So at no point will I be traveling alone, but I wanted to know your opinions on being a Jewish traveler (from the USA, flying from Israel) in Turkey at this time.
Thank you SO SO much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 2 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 3 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 4 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 5 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 6 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 7 Bilbao airport-reliable car hire comapany?
- 8 Croatian islands
- 9 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 10 Age limitation for car rental
- 11 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 12 Another strike in France : 3-5 june, airports
- 13 Staying Long in Schengen Zone
- 14 please revew provence agenda
- 15 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 16 Rome to Venice - What to see in between ?
- 17 German Train travel
- 18 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 19 Lake Como - basta!
- 20 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 21 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 22 holiday problem in Budapest
- 23 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 24 When and how to book for a trip?
- 25 Visit Saint Rita Shrine in Cascia Italy