I am planning ~4 weeks in Europe, begining June 19 in Budapest. We will spend ~ week in Hungary and Croatia (have transporation while there) then continue by rail to Rome for a week of site seeing. Is it easy to get from Budapest to Rome by Rail? Sleeper options? Following Rome, we would like to travel by rail up Italy, stopping along the way, (perhaps Florence, Sienna, Cinque Terre) then to Paris (sleeper train departing from where? Milan?) for a quick couple days in Paris then to London. We are traveling with 2 kids (9 &16). If we book air travel into Budapest and out of London back to USA, will we be able to get around easily by rail? Advice on trains, stops, locations/activities good for kids welcome. Many thanks in advance.
Travel by Rail Budapest-Rome-Paris-London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to stay in Germany
- 2 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 3 Spending money in Italy?
- 4 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 5 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 6 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 7 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 8 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 9 Nice/Cote D'azur/Monaco surroundings - suggestions please...
- 10 Theater in London
- 11 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 12 How to make this adventure work?
- 13 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 14 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 15 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 16 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 17 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 18 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 19 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 20 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 21 Majorca - where to stay?
- 22 Basel - Day Trip
- 23 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 24 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 25 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!