I am planning ~4 weeks in Europe, begining June 19 in Budapest. We will spend ~ week in Hungary and Croatia (have transporation while there) then continue by rail to Rome for a week of site seeing. Is it easy to get from Budapest to Rome by Rail? Sleeper options? Following Rome, we would like to travel by rail up Italy, stopping along the way, (perhaps Florence, Sienna, Cinque Terre) then to Paris (sleeper train departing from where? Milan?) for a quick couple days in Paris then to London. We are traveling with 2 kids (9 &16). If we book air travel into Budapest and out of London back to USA, will we be able to get around easily by rail? Advice on trains, stops, locations/activities good for kids welcome. Many thanks in advance.
Travel by Rail Budapest-Rome-Paris-London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Best Baguette of 2015
- 2 Car travel from Munich-Fussen-Bad Ragaz-Interlaken: Roads?
- 3 Greenwich: Tube to DLR
- 4 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 5 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 6 Returning Oyster card at Kings Cross rail station in London
- 7 Spain in 17 days
- 8 Apartments in Rome you have rented and liked
- 9 April long weekend - Munich v Innsbruck v Salzburg
- 10 Germany - Garmisch-Parkenkirchen - 3 Days Itinerary Advice
- 11 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 12 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 13 driving from Bordeaux to Paris
- 14 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 15 Inverness to Edinburgh Itinerary
- 16 German Wings
- 17 Does anyone know of a good resource for Castles
- 18 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 19 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 20 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 21 A week in Sicily doable or not?
- 22 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 23 best to buy euros in US, at airport casio, or bank in Brussels?
- 24 November or October for Andalucia/Portugal?
- 25 June visit London, Kent, Calais, Paris