I am planning ~4 weeks in Europe, begining June 19 in Budapest. We will spend ~ week in Hungary and Croatia (have transporation while there) then continue by rail to Rome for a week of site seeing. Is it easy to get from Budapest to Rome by Rail? Sleeper options? Following Rome, we would like to travel by rail up Italy, stopping along the way, (perhaps Florence, Sienna, Cinque Terre) then to Paris (sleeper train departing from where? Milan?) for a quick couple days in Paris then to London. We are traveling with 2 kids (9 &16). If we book air travel into Budapest and out of London back to USA, will we be able to get around easily by rail? Advice on trains, stops, locations/activities good for kids welcome. Many thanks in advance.
Travel by Rail Budapest-Rome-Paris-London?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 2 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 5 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 6 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 7 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 8 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 9 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 10 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 Apartments in Rome
- 13 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 14 Which travel plan?
- 15 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 16 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 17 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 18 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 19 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 20 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 21 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 22 London for Christmas
- 23 To Paris and Provence in June
- 24 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 25 Home from Rome - a trip report