I am planning ~4 weeks in Europe, begining June 19 in Budapest. We will spend ~ week in Hungary and Croatia (have transporation while there) then continue by rail to Rome for a week of site seeing. Is it easy to get from Budapest to Rome by Rail? Sleeper options? Following Rome, we would like to travel by rail up Italy, stopping along the way, (perhaps Florence, Sienna, Cinque Terre) then to Paris (sleeper train departing from where? Milan?) for a quick couple days in Paris then to London. We are traveling with 2 kids (9 &16). If we book air travel into Budapest and out of London back to USA, will we be able to get around easily by rail? Advice on trains, stops, locations/activities good for kids welcome. Many thanks in advance.
Travel by Rail Budapest-Rome-Paris-London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 2 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 3 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 4 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 5 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 8 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 9 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 10 London neighborhood suggestions
- 11 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 12 Matisse at Tate
- 13 Best mobile operator/plan for Czech Republic + adjacent countries?
- 14 Paris 14th - Hotel Chaplain Rive Gauche, Hotel du Lion, Hotel Sophie Germain, Hotel le Nouvel Orleans
- 15 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 16 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 17 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 18 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 19 Ireland Southwest
- 20 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 21 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 22 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 23 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 24 Madrid and London
- 25 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?