I am planning ~4 weeks in Europe, begining June 19 in Budapest. We will spend ~ week in Hungary and Croatia (have transporation while there) then continue by rail to Rome for a week of site seeing. Is it easy to get from Budapest to Rome by Rail? Sleeper options? Following Rome, we would like to travel by rail up Italy, stopping along the way, (perhaps Florence, Sienna, Cinque Terre) then to Paris (sleeper train departing from where? Milan?) for a quick couple days in Paris then to London. We are traveling with 2 kids (9 &16). If we book air travel into Budapest and out of London back to USA, will we be able to get around easily by rail? Advice on trains, stops, locations/activities good for kids welcome. Many thanks in advance.
Travel by Rail Budapest-Rome-Paris-London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 3 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 4 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 5 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 6 Itinerary Help!
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 10 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 11 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 12 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 13 He said , she said
- 14 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 15 Munich with a car?
- 16 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 19 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 20 Toulouse and beyond -
- 21 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 23 tour guides in rome
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Hair Straightener for Europe!