My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 2 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 3 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 4 Spanish food - not that special?
- 5 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 6 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 7 Chania
- 8 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 11 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 12 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 13 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 14 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 15 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 16 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 17 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 18 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 19 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 20 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 21 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 22 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 23 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 24 Car rental in Santorini port
- 25 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon