My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 2 Rail Itinerary around Northern/Central Italy
- 3 Barcelona Itinerary
- 4 Need help with packing for a trip to Rome, Cinque Terre and Switzerland
- 5 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 6 Scandinavian and Baltic Adventure - our trip report
- 7 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 8 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 9 Honeymoon in Europe Nov-Dec2015
- 10 Help with Itinerary (specific ?s around Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Naples)
- 11 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 12 Day trip suggestions from Beaune, France & Burgundy
- 13 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 14 B&Bs/hotels near Kinsale?
- 15 Dört Tepeler at Elbeyli, İznik
- 16 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!
- 17 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 18 8 hours Layover in Paris
- 19 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 20 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 21 Rome Walking Guide
- 22 Budapest questions round 1
- 23 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 24 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 25 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???