My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Travel by own car through Slovenia into Croatia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 2 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 3 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 4 Hey Fodor's
- 5 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 6 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 7 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 8 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 9 Advice please...
- 10 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 11 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 12 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 13 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 14 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 15 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 16 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 17 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 18 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 19 Globus Tour Highlights of Britain & Ireland
- 20 Restaurants/cafes in Paris still open after 10pm?
- 21 Ireland Bus tours
- 22 Bus Tour/Ireland
- 23 Best Ireland Trip Ever - help!!!
- 24 Ireland help - First EPIC visit in Sept
- 25 Romania driving itinerary help needed