My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milano Linate to Milano Centrale Question
- 2 Barcelona, Seville, Granada Itinerary
- 3 How to get from Athens airport to Kalamata
- 4 Dingle Slea Head Tour or Coastline Tour
- 5 May or September?
- 6 Four days in London! What are some must-see sights?
- 7 Round trip to Bergen question
- 8 Romantic Honeymoon Ideas for Jan end/early Feb 2016 please!
- 9 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 10 IDP for Scotland
- 11 10 Days in Sud Tirol & Dolomites
- 12 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 13 First Trip to Italy. Need Help on Accommodations in Tuscany
- 14 Amsterdam and beyond
- 15 Approx cost of taxi between Sorrento and Positano
- 16 An October day in the Luberon
- 17 Italy, Spain and France
- 18 Should I buy Italy/France flight with Award Miles?!
- 19 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 20 Tell me about the Dupleix Metro stop area of Paris
- 21 Valencia Oct 6-8 Swim in Sea?
- 22 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 23 Restaurant recommendations in Cascais Portugal
- 24 Paris-Best to visit end of October.. or during Christmas time?
- 25 10-day Itinerary Shannon to Southwest and West Ireland