My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Travel by own car through Slovenia into Croatia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Your favourite places in Bath
- 2 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 3 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 4 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 5 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 6 Shipping Prosecco
- 7 Venice Day Trip--Leave on 7:30 pm or midnight train back to Bologna?
- 8 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 9 Europe Tour with Kids
- 10 Italy - Month of July
- 11 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 12 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 13 Ways to travel from Venice to Bologna
- 14 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 15 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 16 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 17 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 18 Italy and Croatia
- 19 Venice: Vene, Vidi, but not even close to Vici
- 20 Lakes District UK
- 21 Kimhe--flamenco
- 22 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 23 My experiences in Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia & Toledo
- 24 Life Jackets on Gondolas in Venice?
- 25 Italy 14 days