My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Travel by own car through Slovenia into Croatia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 2 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 3 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 4 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 5 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 6 Nice/Cote D'azur/Monaco surroundings - suggestions please...
- 7 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 8 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 9 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 10 Italy- From Rome to Milan
- 11 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 12 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 13 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 14 CROATIA SPLIT
- 15 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 16 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 17 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 18 Porto to Lisbon
- 19 How to make this adventure work?
- 20 where to stay in Germany
- 21 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 22 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 23 Spending money in Italy?
- 24 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 25 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.