My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Travel by own car through Slovenia into Croatia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 2 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 3 What Bus/buses
- 4 Venice, just arrived
- 5 Hotel Reccommendations: France, Germany, Italy
- 6 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 7 Follow-up to my last question (U.S. citizen visiting Sweden next year)
- 8 Gdansk & Baltic in October
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 10 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 11 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 12 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 13 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 14 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 15 London hotel tax is 20%
- 16 Vienna to Gyor and Sopron in one day
- 17 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 18 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 19 Venice - boats on canals
- 20 Car vs Train in Switzerland
- 21 Student Visa for Italy Questions
- 22 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 23 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 24 Ghent or Paris?
- 25 great restaurant choice for normandy