My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich,Prague, CK, Salzburg, Vienna
- 2 credit and debit cards
- 3 Is Sicily Safe?
- 4 Hurtigruten port suggestion
- 5 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 6 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 7 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
- 8 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 9 Clean up spam
- 10 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 11 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 12 Help with basic itinerary
- 13 Car rental in Europe (Kemwel)
- 14 Greece and Italy Combo
- 15 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 16 Restaurant recommendation for Sunday lunch
- 17 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 18 Which city order makes most sense?
- 19 Munich Hotel Location
- 20 Meaning of BSB as type of German train/bus
- 21 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 22 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 23 Valencia, Spain
- 24 Visit to Engand
- 25 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car