My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 8 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 magnified mirror
- 11 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 12 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 13 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 14 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 17 Driving through Paris
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 San Sebastián
- 20 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 21 italy Cinque Terre
- 22 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 23 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 24 Can parking
- 25 Venice to Zermatt by Train