My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 2 Which is the nearest London airport to reach loughton
- 3 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 4 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 5 England and Wales by public transport
- 6 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 7 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 8 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 9 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 10 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 11 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 12 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 13 Travel vs. Babies
- 14 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 15 Vienna or Budapest?
- 16 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 17 Andalucia in December
- 18 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
- 19 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 20 Will you skip Vienna for other city?
- 21 Rome to Florence Road Trip, Vineyard Recommendations
- 22 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 23 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 24 Budapest Hotels
- 25 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris