My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Travel by own car through Slovenia into Croatia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 2 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 3 Suggestions for What To Do in Bologna or Surrounds on May 1
- 4 Slovenia itinerary
- 5 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 6 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 7 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 8 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 9 Paris Hotels- Le Meurice or Le Royal Monceau Raffles
- 10 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 11 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 12 Is Capri overrated?
- 13 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 14 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 15 Two days in Switzerland, landing in Geneva
- 16 9 days in switzerland
- 17 5 day Madrid itinerary help
- 18 Bus ride to Positano
- 19 Driving in Germany and Austria
- 20 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 21 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 22 Madrid, Andalusia, Lisbon public transport and itinerary suggestions
- 23 Amsterdam restaurants
- 24 Greece for a month with a baby
- 25 Wine tour in Chianti