My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are Cappadocia Hot Air Balloon Rides Cold ?
- 2 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 3 First Trip to Europe- Italy, Germany, Amsterdam
- 4 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 5 Burgos vs Leon, Avila vs Segovia
- 6 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 7 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 8 The Birthday Celebration in Italy!
- 9 Germany in 7 days
- 10 Trip report European honeymoon
- 11 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 12 City Pass v. 2 for 1
- 13 Balloch to the Isle of Skye
- 14 Como or Bellagio
- 15 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 16 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 17 Dinge B&B
- 18 Using verizon international data plan?
- 19 Record breaking rain in Paris
- 20 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 21 Flying into Crete Chania - where to stay without a car?
- 22 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 23 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 24 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 25 Netflix and Hulu