My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Travel by own car through Slovenia into Croatia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 2 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 3 seven days in Portugal
- 4 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 5 I need a haircut
- 6 American electrical gadgets
- 7 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 8 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 11 Eating in France-two new books
- 12 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 13 London neighborhood suggestions
- 14 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 15 1 week in Croatia
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 18 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 19 german rail ticket question
- 20 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 21 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 22 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 23 What to see along the Welsh coast?
- 24 Buying Masks in Venice
- 25 TJ Maxx is selling masks from Venice!