My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 2 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 3 Budapest on a budget
- 4 Seville in late January
- 5 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 6 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 7 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 8 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 9 Help family trip Sardinia with 2years old
- 10 3 days to spend in europe
- 11 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 12 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 13 20 free days of Europe
- 14 RFID Protection
- 15 Beaches in Southern France
- 16 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 17 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 18 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 19 Travel WiFi - France
- 20 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 21 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 22 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 23 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 24 Spain Itinerary Help
- 25 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris