My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 2 Undisclsoed location
- 3 Need help with my itinerary
- 4 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 5 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 6 Chamonix to Paris
- 7 Italy bus or train
- 8 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 9 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 10 Paris in September
- 11 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 12 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 13 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 14 help with Italy itinerary
- 15 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 16 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 17 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 18 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 19 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 20 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 21 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 22 Praiano
- 23 Rome-Itinerary
- 24 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 25 Our Itinerary for 25 Days in Portugal