My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Travel by own car through Slovenia into Croatia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 2 Easier connection to London's city center -- Gatwick or Stansted?
- 3 25 days in Europe
- 4 ANDALUCIA - CIVIL WAR GUIDE?
- 5 Italy by Cruise Ship or Airplane/Rail
- 6 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 7 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 8 Oslo, Norway - worth the trip?
- 9 scotland trave;
- 10 Makes Blackpool look Fab
- 11 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 12 Hotel or bed and breakfast in Venice
- 13 Newgrange
- 14 Spain. malaga to granada
- 15 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 16 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 17 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 18 Traveling after Dublin
- 19 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 20 Caceres hotel rec - Not the Parador
- 21 Airb2b in Paris
- 22 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 23 Oyster Card/Travelcard Question
- 24 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 25 Mauro Mansion B&B -- Feedback Wanted