My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Travel by own car through Slovenia into Croatia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Story of the German Christmas star
- 2 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 3 Airport ATMs
- 4 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 5 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 6 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 7 Southern Spain
- 8 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 9 driving in france with kids
- 10 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 11 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 12 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 13 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 14 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 15 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 16 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 17 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 18 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 19 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 20 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 21 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 22 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 23 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 24 All Set To Go!!
- 25 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report