My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Travel by own car through Slovenia into Croatia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 2 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 3 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 4 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 5 Open Jaw Ticket...NYC-LHR;FCO-NYC Cost
- 6 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 7 Question: import tax on personal musical instruments?
- 8 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 9 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 10 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 11 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 12 Greece after the Vote
- 13 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 14 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 15 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 16 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 17 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 18 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 19 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 20 Satnav maps update
- 21 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 22 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 23 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 24 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 25 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris