My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Travel by own car through Slovenia into Croatia?
- 1 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 2 Without a car in the Cote d'Azur
- 3 convenient hotel in rome for one nignt before heading south
- 4 Rubles & A River...Yes, We are in Russia
- 5 7 days in Turkey - itinerary help please!
- 6 Palio Parking
- 7 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 8 Kids, drugs, and overnight flights...advice??!!
- 9 Best way to get to national rail station for 7 day paper travel cards?
- 10 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 11 Oxford to Rye
- 12 Alacazar in Sevilla
- 13 restaurants suggestions for verona,venice,florence,and bologna?
- 14 Ideas 1 weeks in Croatia (in and out from Zagreb)
- 15 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 16 Rental Car Pick-Up near Beaune
- 17 Getting from Tuscany to Lauterbrunnen
- 18 italy itinerary for comments
- 19 Italy trains: how to prebook, please?
- 20 Extra screening at immigration
- 21 Florence: Medici Chapel & Basilica di Santa Croce
- 22 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 23 Am I too fat too travel?
- 24 Hungary and Ukraine Fall 2013
- 25 Istanbul Hotels