My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Travel by own car through Slovenia into Croatia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Genoa - What are the Must Do's
- 2 Just curious: Kids at the Moulin Rouge?
- 3 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 4 Paris Libraries
- 5 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 6 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 7 British Royals
- 8 First Time in Italy 12-14 Days
- 9 UNICO CAMPANIA sets new fare structure effective 1/01/2015
- 10 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 11 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 12 Provence to Toulouse: Trip Planning Help Needed
- 13 Itinerary advice needed-Ring of Kerry vs. Galway area
- 14 Paris to Etretat Day Trip
- 15 Vimy Ridge to CDG airport.
- 16 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 17 Phone/GPS/Internet Access Strategies for European Vacation
- 18 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 19 Paris: Best Bistros
- 20 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 21 Rome Itinerary -- done my homework, please comment
- 22 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 23 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 24 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 25 Any trouble using credit card on Bono Turistico Granada website?