My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 2 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 3 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 4 Treck to drakolimni with children?
- 5 Chrisostomakis Jewellery Work Shop - Jewellery Shop in Rhodes Greece
- 6 Sixt insurance claim
- 7 Europe itinerary
- 8 Iceland in 9 nights in late September
- 9 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 10 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 11 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 12 Scotland in October
- 13 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 14 Munich-6 days in September
- 15 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 16 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 17 Enjoying England for a year!
- 18 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 19 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 20 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 21 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 22 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 23 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 24 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 25 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department