My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Travel by own car through Slovenia into Croatia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 2 Paris in April?
- 3 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 4 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 5 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 6 Coatia or Corsica for honeymoon late June/early july?
- 7 A drive in Europe
- 8 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 9 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 10 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 11 London hotel
- 12 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 13 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 14 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 15 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 16 Train Options - Lisbon to Porto
- 17 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 18 Germany-berlin marathon
- 19 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 20 hotels in Seville
- 21 car rental companies Italy
- 22 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 23 tour guides in rome
- 24 one last portugal car rental question
- 25 Amsterdam hotel advice