My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight Train Questions
- 2 2 month Itinerary Ideas (summer)
- 3 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 4 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 5 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 6 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 7 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 8 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 9 Italy - best two central locations
- 10 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 11 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 12 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 13 Vet my itinerary
- 14 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 15 Amsterdam hotels
- 16 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 17 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 18 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 19 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 20 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 21 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 22 Istanbul tour guides?
- 23 Flamenco Shows
- 24 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 25 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!