My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in May and June
- 2 Spain: train/rental car help
- 3 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 6 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 7 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 8 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 9 13 nights in switzerland
- 10 Alhambra
- 11 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 12 Uber or driver/tour guide in Cotswolds?
- 13 Copenhagen or Stockholm? for music
- 14 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 15 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 16 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 17 Thinking about the Fjords
- 18 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 19 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 20 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 21 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 22 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 23 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 24 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 25 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid