I am planning a trip in mid-August to Italy with two girlfriends and we would like current up-to-date info on the Ligurian Coast and the Cinque Terre.
I envision taking the train from La Spezia to Portofino, followed by a ferry to Monterosso, followed by a hike to Vernazza and then the ferry back to Porto Venere and eventually returning to La Spezia where our car will be parked.
Is this do-able and distance in time between La Spezia and Portofino? We plan lunch in Vernazza, so how early a start from La Spezia do we need to have?
Thanks for your help in advance. Btw, I am a seasoned traveler to Italy and understand the schedules of trains and ferries are not always what We hope. II just haven't been to this area in about 7 years.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 2 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 5 Switzerland in September
- 6 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 7 Where to eat in Rome?
- 8 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 9 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 10 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 11 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 Positano or Sorrento?
- 14 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 15 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 16 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 17 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 18 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 19 Last minute trip to Capri
- 20 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 21 AMS Car Rental
- 22 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 23 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 24 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 25 weekend from cologne germany
Travel between La Spezia-Portofino-Monterosso-Vernazza-La Spezia