I am planning a trip in mid-August to Italy with two girlfriends and we would like current up-to-date info on the Ligurian Coast and the Cinque Terre.
I envision taking the train from La Spezia to Portofino, followed by a ferry to Monterosso, followed by a hike to Vernazza and then the ferry back to Porto Venere and eventually returning to La Spezia where our car will be parked.
Is this do-able and distance in time between La Spezia and Portofino? We plan lunch in Vernazza, so how early a start from La Spezia do we need to have?
Thanks for your help in advance. Btw, I am a seasoned traveler to Italy and understand the schedules of trains and ferries are not always what We hope. II just haven't been to this area in about 7 years.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 2 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 3 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 4 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 5 Renting a car in Greece
- 6 renting a car in greece
- 7 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 8 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 9 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 10 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 11 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 12 retruning to US with souveniers
- 13 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 14 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 15 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 16 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 17 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 18 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 19 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 20 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 Help on ancient history route
- 23 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 24 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 25 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
Travel between La Spezia-Portofino-Monterosso-Vernazza-La Spezia