I am planning a trip in mid-August to Italy with two girlfriends and we would like current up-to-date info on the Ligurian Coast and the Cinque Terre.
I envision taking the train from La Spezia to Portofino, followed by a ferry to Monterosso, followed by a hike to Vernazza and then the ferry back to Porto Venere and eventually returning to La Spezia where our car will be parked.
Is this do-able and distance in time between La Spezia and Portofino? We plan lunch in Vernazza, so how early a start from La Spezia do we need to have?
Thanks for your help in advance. Btw, I am a seasoned traveler to Italy and understand the schedules of trains and ferries are not always what We hope. II just haven't been to this area in about 7 years.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.shaperich.com/alpha-monster-advanced/
- 2 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 3 One night in the Dolomites
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 6 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 7 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 8 Airport Transit Visa
- 9 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 10 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 11 Where in Greece
- 12 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 13 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 14 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 15 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 16 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 17 Vatican tour
- 18 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 19 Day in Capri
- 20 alcazar question and seville advice
- 21 TSA Precheck
- 22 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 23 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 24 First visit to London
- 25 Paris travel help
Travel between La Spezia-Portofino-Monterosso-Vernazza-La Spezia