I am planning a trip in mid-August to Italy with two girlfriends and we would like current up-to-date info on the Ligurian Coast and the Cinque Terre.
I envision taking the train from La Spezia to Portofino, followed by a ferry to Monterosso, followed by a hike to Vernazza and then the ferry back to Porto Venere and eventually returning to La Spezia where our car will be parked.
Is this do-able and distance in time between La Spezia and Portofino? We plan lunch in Vernazza, so how early a start from La Spezia do we need to have?
Thanks for your help in advance. Btw, I am a seasoned traveler to Italy and understand the schedules of trains and ferries are not always what We hope. II just haven't been to this area in about 7 years.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 2 Barcelona alternative
- 3 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 4 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 5 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 6 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 7 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 8 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 9 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 10 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 11 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 12 Road trip with our dog
- 13 Can parking
- 14 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 15 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 16 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 19 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 20 Douro Valley in January?
- 21 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 22 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 23 Munich and....???
- 24 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 25 italy Cinque Terre
Travel between La Spezia-Portofino-Monterosso-Vernazza-La Spezia