My fiancé and I are getting married in February and are thinking about having our honeymoon in Europe. We would probably choose to fly into Madrid because we are flying from Bolivia and it is about 300$ cheaper per ticket to fly into madrid than any other european city I have seen.
Ultimately we would like to see Florence, Venice, Rome, Paris, and possibly one of the Greek islands over the course of 2 weeks. This may be the only time we are able to go to Europe and we would like to take advantage of it. We are looking into using airbnb to find housing but I'm wondering what the best way to travel would be?
I've looked at rail passes but have heard that when traveling in Italy and France that many additional charges can be incurred. Plane tickets seem cheap but additional baggage fees quickly make them more expensive as well. I've also looked into bus passes through eurolines. I was just wondering what would be the recommended way to travel relatively cheaply?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 3 Norwegian Air?
- 4 Highclare Castle
- 5 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 6 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 7 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 8 Salzburg itinerary review
- 9 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 10 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 11 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 12 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 13 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 14 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 15 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 16 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 17 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 18 Spain: train/rental car help
- 19 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 20 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 21 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 22 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 23 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 24 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 25 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!