We're traveling for three weeks, visiting five different European towns. The day we travel from Riquewihr, France (near Colmar in the Alsace region) to Cochem, Germany has me stumped. So far, this has been a car-free vacation, with trains being our mode of tranport. We can rent a car if it makes sense - we did enjoy our Tuscany car rental last year and successfully braved a pickup from Florence and a return to Venice. Travel is on a Thursday in Sept 2015. Here are our options:
1. Take a bus to Colmar, then 3 trains. Six hour journey, cost on rome2rio says $56-71 per person X 2 = $100-$140. (Oddly, the google maps website shows the train journey as 16 hours! That has us going through Mannheim instead of the shorter Strasbourg to Saarbrucken route.)
2. Rent a car. Take a bus to Colmar, pick up the car, drive under 4 hours. Cost of 24 hour rental would be $45-97 depending on insurance. Plus gas/tolls of $60. So, about $150. Might as well get the full coverage, since it compares well with the train for two.
Is this a no brainer in favor of the car? Or is it a scenic train ride and we'd be missing something wonderful by driving? Can anyone confirm the six hour train journey vs the google maps 16 hour journey? What would you do?
Thanks for any and all information!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바둑이 룰 ◐ 도메인 :≫kxc551.com≪추천인 : 지퍼
- 2 온라인바카라会＼→【 TAB23。TK 】←＼会슈퍼카지노온라인바카라
- 3 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 4 토토총판 합니다 【 'kakao: dnj2016●텔레그램 : speed2017' 】
- 5 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 6 실시간바카라么＼→【 TAB23。TK 】←＼么슈퍼카지노실시간바카라
- 7 현금바둑이 ※연결 :≫kxc551.com≪추천인 : 지퍼
- 8 아시아바카라只＼→【 TAB23。TK 】←＼只슈퍼카지노아시아바카라
- 9 Traveling with a class 1 misdemeanor
- 10 아시안바카라乐＼→【 TAB23。TK 】←＼乐슈퍼카지노아시안바카라
- 11 Charming areas to explore in London
- 12 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 13 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 14 Best of Norway
- 15 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 16 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 17 travel around Spain
- 18 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 19 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 20 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 21 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 22 Bursa/Iznik
- 23 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 24 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 25 Hidden Gems outside Munich