We are heading to our honeymoon in 3 weeks after our wedding and would really appreciate some help on this trip. Both myself and my fiance have never been in Europe and we will fly to Paris (from Canada) on Oct 19th, stay for 6 days and fly to Florence, Italy then stay for 5 days and then take the train to Rome, Italy and stay for 6 days to end the trip.
Our questions are:
1) Transportation in Paris: Do we need to purchase metro pass in advance? Or to get any train pass at all? (we need something with easy access and less cost)
2) Transportation in Italy: We need to train from Florence to Rome. Also to get around Italy. What do you recommend to book ahead? (We are not too familiar with train system here).
Thank you for all your help!
Transportation in Italy and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 2 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 3 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 4 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 5 What still confounds you about travel?
- 6 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 7 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 8 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 9 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 10 Santorini
- 11 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 12 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 13 Foie gras, redux
- 14 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 15 Questions for my German friends
- 16 Chip but no PIN
- 17 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 18 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 19 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 20 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 21 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 22 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 23 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 24 Airport to Piraeus
- 25 Train to Airport in Venice