We are heading to our honeymoon in 3 weeks after our wedding and would really appreciate some help on this trip. Both myself and my fiance have never been in Europe and we will fly to Paris (from Canada) on Oct 19th, stay for 6 days and fly to Florence, Italy then stay for 5 days and then take the train to Rome, Italy and stay for 6 days to end the trip.
Our questions are:
1) Transportation in Paris: Do we need to purchase metro pass in advance? Or to get any train pass at all? (we need something with easy access and less cost)
2) Transportation in Italy: We need to train from Florence to Rome. Also to get around Italy. What do you recommend to book ahead? (We are not too familiar with train system here).
Thank you for all your help!
Transportation in Italy and France
- 1 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 2 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 3 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 4 Chambermaid tipping
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 London for Christmas
- 7 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 10 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 11 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 12 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 13 Rome Accommodation
- 14 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 15 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 16 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 17 Greek islands from Turkey
- 18 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 19 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 20 rent car / Munich
- 21 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Italian Lakes gardens
- 24 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 25 TGV and Provence questions