We are heading to our honeymoon in 3 weeks after our wedding and would really appreciate some help on this trip. Both myself and my fiance have never been in Europe and we will fly to Paris (from Canada) on Oct 19th, stay for 6 days and fly to Florence, Italy then stay for 5 days and then take the train to Rome, Italy and stay for 6 days to end the trip.
Our questions are:
1) Transportation in Paris: Do we need to purchase metro pass in advance? Or to get any train pass at all? (we need something with easy access and less cost)
2) Transportation in Italy: We need to train from Florence to Rome. Also to get around Italy. What do you recommend to book ahead? (We are not too familiar with train system here).
Thank you for all your help!
Transportation in Italy and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 caroline_venezia
- 2 Taormina to Palermo
- 3 2 Weeks in Germany in December
- 4 Berlin
- 5 Suggestions for European Holiday with Young Children
- 6 Best car/shuttle service from Paris to CDG
- 7 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 8 Storytellers in Iceland
- 9 Anyone trying to get out of the French Alps?
- 10 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 11 Stay in Chablis or Auxerre?
- 12 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 13 Italy trip questions
- 14 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 15 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 16 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 17 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 18 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 19 history museums or locations
- 20 Budget family trip to Europe
- 21 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 22 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 23 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 24 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 25 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier