We are heading to our honeymoon in 3 weeks after our wedding and would really appreciate some help on this trip. Both myself and my fiance have never been in Europe and we will fly to Paris (from Canada) on Oct 19th, stay for 6 days and fly to Florence, Italy then stay for 5 days and then take the train to Rome, Italy and stay for 6 days to end the trip.
Our questions are:
1) Transportation in Paris: Do we need to purchase metro pass in advance? Or to get any train pass at all? (we need something with easy access and less cost)
2) Transportation in Italy: We need to train from Florence to Rome. Also to get around Italy. What do you recommend to book ahead? (We are not too familiar with train system here).
Thank you for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains France/Switzerland
- 2 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 3 fear of driving in rome!
- 4 Italy trains question
- 5 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 6 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 7 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 8 Le Marche, Italy
- 9 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 10 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 11 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 12 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 13 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 14 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 15 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 16 European Championship
- 17 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 18 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 19 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 20 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 21 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 22 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 23 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 24 Bellissimo Rome, Amalfi Coast, Florence and Caserta: Our wonderful trip
- 25 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center