We are heading to our honeymoon in 3 weeks after our wedding and would really appreciate some help on this trip. Both myself and my fiance have never been in Europe and we will fly to Paris (from Canada) on Oct 19th, stay for 6 days and fly to Florence, Italy then stay for 5 days and then take the train to Rome, Italy and stay for 6 days to end the trip.
Our questions are:
1) Transportation in Paris: Do we need to purchase metro pass in advance? Or to get any train pass at all? (we need something with easy access and less cost)
2) Transportation in Italy: We need to train from Florence to Rome. Also to get around Italy. What do you recommend to book ahead? (We are not too familiar with train system here).
Thank you for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona - places to stay
- 2 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 3 Guide in Russia
- 4 Train travel
- 5 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 6 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 7 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 8 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 9 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 10 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 11 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 12 travel fan 220v?
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 14 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 15 First Trip to Paris
- 16 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 17 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 18 B&Bs in Ireland
- 19 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 20 WWI Battlefields
- 21 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 22 Visiting Zurich
- 23 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 24 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 25 Switzerland