We are heading to our honeymoon in 3 weeks after our wedding and would really appreciate some help on this trip. Both myself and my fiance have never been in Europe and we will fly to Paris (from Canada) on Oct 19th, stay for 6 days and fly to Florence, Italy then stay for 5 days and then take the train to Rome, Italy and stay for 6 days to end the trip.
Our questions are:
1) Transportation in Paris: Do we need to purchase metro pass in advance? Or to get any train pass at all? (we need something with easy access and less cost)
2) Transportation in Italy: We need to train from Florence to Rome. Also to get around Italy. What do you recommend to book ahead? (We are not too familiar with train system here).
Thank you for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Uber vs. TfL
- 3 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 4 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 5 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 6 Safety in Rome
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 Athens Help
- 9 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 10 Apartment Montreux area
- 11 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 12 Crete Holiday
- 13 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 14 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 15 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 16 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 17 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 18 Greek Village
- 19 One free day in Barcelona
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 22 base in brussels
- 23 Rome or Venice first
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 Berlin