Hello fellow travelers,
My husband and I will be taking a trip to Italy in May. Rome for 3 days, then traveling to the Amalfi Coast for 4 days, then back to Rome for our flight out. Here's my proposed travel from Rome to the coast: Train from Rome to Salerno and then water taxi to our hotel in Praiano, which is right on the water. Here is my question.. while researching trains and schedules I see that Italo (the newer privately owned Ferrari train) embarks from two places in Rome: Roma Ostiense and Roma Tiburtina. Does anyone have experience with this new train? Does it matter which train station I embark from? The Italo site lists them both as options to go to Salerno. My Rome B&B is centrally located, next to the Parthenon. I had assumed I would be traveling from Termini, but I see this is not the case with the high speed trains, at least with Italo. My next question concerns taking the train either to Naples, then taking a boat to my destination in Praiano or continuing the train to Salerno and taking the water taxi. I thought maybe taking a boat from Naples would enable us to see more scenery and be on the water. Anyone have experience with this and can offer advice? Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 4 Bus from Budva to Kotor
- 5 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 6 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 7 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 8 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 9 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??
- 10 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 11 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 12 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 13 How the kids age calculated
- 14 Help required with Itinerary
- 15 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 16 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 17 Slovenia & Croatia Itinerary Feedback
- 18 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 19 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 20 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 21 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 22 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 23 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 24 Flat in London
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
Hello fellow travelers,