Hello fellow travelers,
My husband and I will be taking a trip to Italy in May. Rome for 3 days, then traveling to the Amalfi Coast for 4 days, then back to Rome for our flight out. Here's my proposed travel from Rome to the coast: Train from Rome to Salerno and then water taxi to our hotel in Praiano, which is right on the water. Here is my question.. while researching trains and schedules I see that Italo (the newer privately owned Ferrari train) embarks from two places in Rome: Roma Ostiense and Roma Tiburtina. Does anyone have experience with this new train? Does it matter which train station I embark from? The Italo site lists them both as options to go to Salerno. My Rome B&B is centrally located, next to the Parthenon. I had assumed I would be traveling from Termini, but I see this is not the case with the high speed trains, at least with Italo. My next question concerns taking the train either to Naples, then taking a boat to my destination in Praiano or continuing the train to Salerno and taking the water taxi. I thought maybe taking a boat from Naples would enable us to see more scenery and be on the water. Anyone have experience with this and can offer advice? Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Shorts in South of France?
- 3 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 4 Camogli and surrounds
- 5 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 6 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid
- 7 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 8 Are DSLR cameras allowed for Papal Audience
- 9 Route des Vins
- 10 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Les Invalides Night Show
- 13 base for Andalucia
- 14 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 15 Taxi or Aeroexpress from Domodedovo Airport to center of Moscow?
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 21 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 22 limousine services - milan - rome
- 23 Regarding Residence Permit
- 24 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 25 Homesaty
Hello fellow travelers,