Hello fellow travelers,
My husband and I will be taking a trip to Italy in May. Rome for 3 days, then traveling to the Amalfi Coast for 4 days, then back to Rome for our flight out. Here's my proposed travel from Rome to the coast: Train from Rome to Salerno and then water taxi to our hotel in Praiano, which is right on the water. Here is my question.. while researching trains and schedules I see that Italo (the newer privately owned Ferrari train) embarks from two places in Rome: Roma Ostiense and Roma Tiburtina. Does anyone have experience with this new train? Does it matter which train station I embark from? The Italo site lists them both as options to go to Salerno. My Rome B&B is centrally located, next to the Parthenon. I had assumed I would be traveling from Termini, but I see this is not the case with the high speed trains, at least with Italo. My next question concerns taking the train either to Naples, then taking a boat to my destination in Praiano or continuing the train to Salerno and taking the water taxi. I thought maybe taking a boat from Naples would enable us to see more scenery and be on the water. Anyone have experience with this and can offer advice? Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 3 Norway Honeymoon
- 4 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 5 Schengen Rule
- 6 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 7 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 8 Russia in two weeks in December
- 9 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 10 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 11 Our future trip to Greece
- 12 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 15 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 16 Quizz !
- 17 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 18 Pay attention to your watches !
- 19 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 20 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 21 Spanish Medical Providers
- 22 Christmas Day in Granada
- 23 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 24 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 25 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
Hello fellow travelers,