yes, me again.. We are staying at Olissipo Castelo in the Alfama district and I'm thinking now it's not the best choice of locations but too late now.
What is the best way to get to Belem or Baxia from the hotel? My husband and I love to walk and would probably prefer to walk to the Baxia area but the map certainly doesn't tell me where the hills are! Would it be better to take the 28 Tram to Baxia? And then the Tram 15 to Belem?
Also, is it worth spending time in the Belem area if you don't plan on visiting museums? Unfortunately my husband is not a museum person - when we went to Paris we didn't visit one museum (it killed me). So of course I went the following year with my museum loving friends. We have a short amount of time in Lisbon - should I skip it or is walking around and taking in the views a must do?
Thanks once again and I promise a trip report when I get back!
Transportation from Castle to Belem/Baxia & Belem questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 2 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 3 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 4 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 7 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 8 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 9 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 10 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 11 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 12 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 13 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 14 Gotland Sweden Hotels
- 15 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 16 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 17 Mycenae Documentary
- 18 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 19 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 20 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 21 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 22 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 23 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 24 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 25 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?