yes, me again.. We are staying at Olissipo Castelo in the Alfama district and I'm thinking now it's not the best choice of locations but too late now.
What is the best way to get to Belem or Baxia from the hotel? My husband and I love to walk and would probably prefer to walk to the Baxia area but the map certainly doesn't tell me where the hills are! Would it be better to take the 28 Tram to Baxia? And then the Tram 15 to Belem?
Also, is it worth spending time in the Belem area if you don't plan on visiting museums? Unfortunately my husband is not a museum person - when we went to Paris we didn't visit one museum (it killed me). So of course I went the following year with my museum loving friends. We have a short amount of time in Lisbon - should I skip it or is walking around and taking in the views a must do?
Thanks once again and I promise a trip report when I get back!
Transportation from Castle to Belem/Baxia & Belem questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London hotel tax is 20%
- 2 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 3 Amsterdam: arriving 8/25 to depart on 8/30 Rhine river cruise
- 4 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 5 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 6 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 7 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 8 Venice - boats on canals
- 9 ITALY
- 10 Paris first then where?
- 11 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 12 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 13 Recommendation for a wine tour departing from Strasbourg.
- 14 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 15 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 16 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 17 Akrotiri Tours
- 18 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 19 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 20 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 21 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 22 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 23 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 24 Dresden: 6 nights too many?
- 25 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help