yes, me again.. We are staying at Olissipo Castelo in the Alfama district and I'm thinking now it's not the best choice of locations but too late now.
What is the best way to get to Belem or Baxia from the hotel? My husband and I love to walk and would probably prefer to walk to the Baxia area but the map certainly doesn't tell me where the hills are! Would it be better to take the 28 Tram to Baxia? And then the Tram 15 to Belem?
Also, is it worth spending time in the Belem area if you don't plan on visiting museums? Unfortunately my husband is not a museum person - when we went to Paris we didn't visit one museum (it killed me). So of course I went the following year with my museum loving friends. We have a short amount of time in Lisbon - should I skip it or is walking around and taking in the views a must do?
Thanks once again and I promise a trip report when I get back!
Transportation from Castle to Belem/Baxia & Belem questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 2 Sicily Suggetions
- 3 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 4 car rental companies Italy
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 7 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 8 hotels in Seville
- 9 Nice hotel in Garmisch, Fussen or Mittenwald
- 10 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 11 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 12 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 13 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 14 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 15 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 16 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 17 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 18 Mykonos Grand, Cavo Tagoo, Saint Johns, Belvedere or Grace?
- 19 Paris in April?
- 20 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 21 Three days in Spain
- 22 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 23 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 24 7 days in Greece
- 25 Estonia Amber