yes, me again.. We are staying at Olissipo Castelo in the Alfama district and I'm thinking now it's not the best choice of locations but too late now.
What is the best way to get to Belem or Baxia from the hotel? My husband and I love to walk and would probably prefer to walk to the Baxia area but the map certainly doesn't tell me where the hills are! Would it be better to take the 28 Tram to Baxia? And then the Tram 15 to Belem?
Also, is it worth spending time in the Belem area if you don't plan on visiting museums? Unfortunately my husband is not a museum person - when we went to Paris we didn't visit one museum (it killed me). So of course I went the following year with my museum loving friends. We have a short amount of time in Lisbon - should I skip it or is walking around and taking in the views a must do?
Thanks once again and I promise a trip report when I get back!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 2 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 3 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 4 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 5 Shorts in South of France?
- 6 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 7 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 8 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 9 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 10 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 11 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 12 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 13 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 14 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 15 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 16 London Theater
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 19 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 20 Greece mainland and islands
- 21 Lyon france-- rental car
- 22 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 23 Switzerland in September
- 24 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 25 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
Transportation from Castle to Belem/Baxia & Belem questions