yes, me again.. We are staying at Olissipo Castelo in the Alfama district and I'm thinking now it's not the best choice of locations but too late now.
What is the best way to get to Belem or Baxia from the hotel? My husband and I love to walk and would probably prefer to walk to the Baxia area but the map certainly doesn't tell me where the hills are! Would it be better to take the 28 Tram to Baxia? And then the Tram 15 to Belem?
Also, is it worth spending time in the Belem area if you don't plan on visiting museums? Unfortunately my husband is not a museum person - when we went to Paris we didn't visit one museum (it killed me). So of course I went the following year with my museum loving friends. We have a short amount of time in Lisbon - should I skip it or is walking around and taking in the views a must do?
Thanks once again and I promise a trip report when I get back!
Transportation from Castle to Belem/Baxia & Belem questions
- 1 first european holiday itinery
- 2 Vespa Tours of Tuscany
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 Advises for trip to Russia
- 5 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 6 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 7 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 8 Which travel plan?
- 9 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 10 Car in Prague
- 11 Family European winter holiday
- 12 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 13 Planning a holiday
- 14 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 17 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 18 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 21 Traveling within Italy
- 22 London for Christmas
- 23 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 24 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 25 Travel by train or bus