yes, me again.. We are staying at Olissipo Castelo in the Alfama district and I'm thinking now it's not the best choice of locations but too late now.
What is the best way to get to Belem or Baxia from the hotel? My husband and I love to walk and would probably prefer to walk to the Baxia area but the map certainly doesn't tell me where the hills are! Would it be better to take the 28 Tram to Baxia? And then the Tram 15 to Belem?
Also, is it worth spending time in the Belem area if you don't plan on visiting museums? Unfortunately my husband is not a museum person - when we went to Paris we didn't visit one museum (it killed me). So of course I went the following year with my museum loving friends. We have a short amount of time in Lisbon - should I skip it or is walking around and taking in the views a must do?
Thanks once again and I promise a trip report when I get back!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 2 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 3 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 4 England--Cambridge on a Sunday (SIM card? Restaurants)
- 5 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 6 Netflix and Hulu
- 7 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 8 Lisbon and Spain-"must see" advance tix?
- 9 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 10 Amalfi October 16-25
- 11 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 12 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 13 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 14 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 15 Germany in 7 days
- 16 Paris hotels
- 17 Portugal itinerary without a car - suggestions appreciated!
- 18 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 19 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 20 Aldeburgh to London-where to drop off rental car and pick up train?
- 21 Florence with 11 & 13 year old
- 22 Naples
- 23 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 24 Restaurant Recommendations in Rome
- 25 Como or Bellagio
Transportation from Castle to Belem/Baxia & Belem questions