yes, me again.. We are staying at Olissipo Castelo in the Alfama district and I'm thinking now it's not the best choice of locations but too late now.
What is the best way to get to Belem or Baxia from the hotel? My husband and I love to walk and would probably prefer to walk to the Baxia area but the map certainly doesn't tell me where the hills are! Would it be better to take the 28 Tram to Baxia? And then the Tram 15 to Belem?
Also, is it worth spending time in the Belem area if you don't plan on visiting museums? Unfortunately my husband is not a museum person - when we went to Paris we didn't visit one museum (it killed me). So of course I went the following year with my museum loving friends. We have a short amount of time in Lisbon - should I skip it or is walking around and taking in the views a must do?
Thanks once again and I promise a trip report when I get back!
Transportation from Castle to Belem/Baxia & Belem questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 2 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 3 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 4 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 5 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 6 Five nights in Extremadura
- 7 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 8 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 9 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 10 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 11 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 12 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 13 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 14 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 15 Stonehenge and Bath
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 18 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 19 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 20 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 21 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 22 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 23 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 24 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 25 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia