yes, me again.. We are staying at Olissipo Castelo in the Alfama district and I'm thinking now it's not the best choice of locations but too late now.
What is the best way to get to Belem or Baxia from the hotel? My husband and I love to walk and would probably prefer to walk to the Baxia area but the map certainly doesn't tell me where the hills are! Would it be better to take the 28 Tram to Baxia? And then the Tram 15 to Belem?
Also, is it worth spending time in the Belem area if you don't plan on visiting museums? Unfortunately my husband is not a museum person - when we went to Paris we didn't visit one museum (it killed me). So of course I went the following year with my museum loving friends. We have a short amount of time in Lisbon - should I skip it or is walking around and taking in the views a must do?
Thanks once again and I promise a trip report when I get back!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 2 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 3 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 4 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 5 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 6 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 7 Germany in December Trip Report
- 8 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 9 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 10 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 11 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 12 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 13 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 14 Planning a European Trip
- 15 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 16 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 17 Italy for Christmas Week
- 18 train or plane
- 19 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 20 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 21 Norway Itinerary
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 24 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 25 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
Transportation from Castle to Belem/Baxia & Belem questions