yes, me again.. We are staying at Olissipo Castelo in the Alfama district and I'm thinking now it's not the best choice of locations but too late now.
What is the best way to get to Belem or Baxia from the hotel? My husband and I love to walk and would probably prefer to walk to the Baxia area but the map certainly doesn't tell me where the hills are! Would it be better to take the 28 Tram to Baxia? And then the Tram 15 to Belem?
Also, is it worth spending time in the Belem area if you don't plan on visiting museums? Unfortunately my husband is not a museum person - when we went to Paris we didn't visit one museum (it killed me). So of course I went the following year with my museum loving friends. We have a short amount of time in Lisbon - should I skip it or is walking around and taking in the views a must do?
Thanks once again and I promise a trip report when I get back!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Lille to Delft
- 2 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 3 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 4 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 5 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 6 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 7 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 8 Amalfi or Positano
- 9 Hostel Advice
- 10 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 11 Spain/France/Italy/UK
- 12 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 13 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 14 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 15 Poland in September
- 16 Belgium advice
- 17 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 18 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 19 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 20 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 21 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 22 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 23 Help with ferry schedule Naples to Sorrento please.
- 24 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 25 Euro 2016 Football championship
Transportation from Castle to Belem/Baxia & Belem questions