yes, me again.. We are staying at Olissipo Castelo in the Alfama district and I'm thinking now it's not the best choice of locations but too late now.
What is the best way to get to Belem or Baxia from the hotel? My husband and I love to walk and would probably prefer to walk to the Baxia area but the map certainly doesn't tell me where the hills are! Would it be better to take the 28 Tram to Baxia? And then the Tram 15 to Belem?
Also, is it worth spending time in the Belem area if you don't plan on visiting museums? Unfortunately my husband is not a museum person - when we went to Paris we didn't visit one museum (it killed me). So of course I went the following year with my museum loving friends. We have a short amount of time in Lisbon - should I skip it or is walking around and taking in the views a must do?
Thanks once again and I promise a trip report when I get back!
Transportation from Castle to Belem/Baxia & Belem questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 2 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 3 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 4 Eleanor's Pages
- 5 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 6 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 7 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 8 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 9 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 10 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 11 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 12 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 13 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 14 Internet or travel agent?
- 15 Paris and where else?
- 16 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 17 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 18 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 19 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 20 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 21 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 22 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 23 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 24 Christmas windows in Paris
- 25 Visiting UK boyfriend