yes, me again.. We are staying at Olissipo Castelo in the Alfama district and I'm thinking now it's not the best choice of locations but too late now.
What is the best way to get to Belem or Baxia from the hotel? My husband and I love to walk and would probably prefer to walk to the Baxia area but the map certainly doesn't tell me where the hills are! Would it be better to take the 28 Tram to Baxia? And then the Tram 15 to Belem?
Also, is it worth spending time in the Belem area if you don't plan on visiting museums? Unfortunately my husband is not a museum person - when we went to Paris we didn't visit one museum (it killed me). So of course I went the following year with my museum loving friends. We have a short amount of time in Lisbon - should I skip it or is walking around and taking in the views a must do?
Thanks once again and I promise a trip report when I get back!
Transportation from Castle to Belem/Baxia & Belem questions
- 1 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 2 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 3 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 4 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 5 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 6 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 Advises for trip to Russia
- 9 7 days in Andalucia
- 10 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 11 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 12 Planning a holiday
- 13 London at Easter
- 14 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 15 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 17 Traveling within Italy
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 20 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 21 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 22 Madrid to Sevilla
- 23 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 24 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 25 Ira Has Been Kidnapped