yes, me again.. We are staying at Olissipo Castelo in the Alfama district and I'm thinking now it's not the best choice of locations but too late now.
What is the best way to get to Belem or Baxia from the hotel? My husband and I love to walk and would probably prefer to walk to the Baxia area but the map certainly doesn't tell me where the hills are! Would it be better to take the 28 Tram to Baxia? And then the Tram 15 to Belem?
Also, is it worth spending time in the Belem area if you don't plan on visiting museums? Unfortunately my husband is not a museum person - when we went to Paris we didn't visit one museum (it killed me). So of course I went the following year with my museum loving friends. We have a short amount of time in Lisbon - should I skip it or is walking around and taking in the views a must do?
Thanks once again and I promise a trip report when I get back!
Transportation from Castle to Belem/Baxia & Belem questions
- 1 Cuenca or Toledo
- 2 Wimpy's
- 3 HELP stuck in Italy
- 4 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 5 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 6 Last monte Paris apartment
- 7 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests
- 8 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE
- 9 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 10 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 11 10 days in Cortona- any suggestions ?
- 12 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 13 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 14 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 15 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 16 Transportation from Venice Island to Treviso Airport?
- 17 Nice
- 18 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 19 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 20 I Need To Vent!
- 21 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 22 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 23 Train tickets
- 24 San Lorenzo Market
- 25 Oceania Cruises - Anyone ever gone on one of these?