yes, me again.. We are staying at Olissipo Castelo in the Alfama district and I'm thinking now it's not the best choice of locations but too late now.
What is the best way to get to Belem or Baxia from the hotel? My husband and I love to walk and would probably prefer to walk to the Baxia area but the map certainly doesn't tell me where the hills are! Would it be better to take the 28 Tram to Baxia? And then the Tram 15 to Belem?
Also, is it worth spending time in the Belem area if you don't plan on visiting museums? Unfortunately my husband is not a museum person - when we went to Paris we didn't visit one museum (it killed me). So of course I went the following year with my museum loving friends. We have a short amount of time in Lisbon - should I skip it or is walking around and taking in the views a must do?
Thanks once again and I promise a trip report when I get back!
Transportation from Castle to Belem/Baxia & Belem questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 2 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 3 Which european city?
- 4 Southern Spain
- 5 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 6 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 7 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 8 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 9 Scotland November 2015
- 10 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 11 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 12 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 13 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 14 All Set To Go!!
- 15 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 16 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 17 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 18 Italy Countryside
- 19 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 20 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 21 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 22 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 23 Germany in December 2015
- 24 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 25 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?