yes, me again.. We are staying at Olissipo Castelo in the Alfama district and I'm thinking now it's not the best choice of locations but too late now.
What is the best way to get to Belem or Baxia from the hotel? My husband and I love to walk and would probably prefer to walk to the Baxia area but the map certainly doesn't tell me where the hills are! Would it be better to take the 28 Tram to Baxia? And then the Tram 15 to Belem?
Also, is it worth spending time in the Belem area if you don't plan on visiting museums? Unfortunately my husband is not a museum person - when we went to Paris we didn't visit one museum (it killed me). So of course I went the following year with my museum loving friends. We have a short amount of time in Lisbon - should I skip it or is walking around and taking in the views a must do?
Thanks once again and I promise a trip report when I get back!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 2 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 3 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 4 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22
- 5 Greece Experts
- 6 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 7 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 8 France to stop making foie grois
- 9 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 10 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 11 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 12 Ireland driving itinerary
- 13 Greece Itinerary
- 14 Germany and Austria trip report
- 15 From London to Paris to US
- 16 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 17 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 18 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 19 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 20 Nice village, good restaurant, between Bologna and Florence?
- 21 Puglia
- 22 My greece vacation
- 23 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 24 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 25 Naples or Genoa
Transportation from Castle to Belem/Baxia & Belem questions