There are many threads on transportation within Lodon with day trips on the side. DH and I are planning to visit a friend in Maidenhead and will be staying with them for 8 days this March. If we purchase the 7 day travelcard instead of the 7 day standard season ticket, the train from Maidenhead to London Paddington and back plus busses, trains and trams within London zone 1-6 are already covered (or do I need 2, 1 from maidenhead to London and 1 from London to Maidenhead)? If I do day trips to Oxford, Bath and possibly Stonehenge, do I need to top up or pay the difference as the travelcard is insufficient to cover the fares? DH has an oystercard, can we load this and pay for two ticket differential? To get the 2for1 advantage we need paper tickets which should be available at Maidenhead station? It does get confusing and all I want is convenience and best value, not really the cheapest fare. Our plan is to visit London 3 to 4 days to visit the usual london spots and to do 3 to 4 days day trips (Windsor, Bath, Oxford, and maybe Stonehenge-might join a tour for this) Thank you!
Transportation based outside London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 2 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 3 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 4 Avignon to London?
- 5 Europe in 21 days
- 6 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 7 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 8 Spain Questions
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 11 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 14 one last portugal car rental question
- 15 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 16 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 17 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 18 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 19 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 20 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 21 Street food in Turkey
- 22 Dublin Hostels
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 25 9 days in turkey