There are many threads on transportation within Lodon with day trips on the side. DH and I are planning to visit a friend in Maidenhead and will be staying with them for 8 days this March. If we purchase the 7 day travelcard instead of the 7 day standard season ticket, the train from Maidenhead to London Paddington and back plus busses, trains and trams within London zone 1-6 are already covered (or do I need 2, 1 from maidenhead to London and 1 from London to Maidenhead)? If I do day trips to Oxford, Bath and possibly Stonehenge, do I need to top up or pay the difference as the travelcard is insufficient to cover the fares? DH has an oystercard, can we load this and pay for two ticket differential? To get the 2for1 advantage we need paper tickets which should be available at Maidenhead station? It does get confusing and all I want is convenience and best value, not really the cheapest fare. Our plan is to visit London 3 to 4 days to visit the usual london spots and to do 3 to 4 days day trips (Windsor, Bath, Oxford, and maybe Stonehenge-might join a tour for this) Thank you!
Transportation based outside London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 2 Signs and Symptoms of Mental Illness
- 3 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 4 Portugal Trip
- 5 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 6 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 7 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 8 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 9 Southern Spain
- 10 Itinerary for Greece in 9 Days -in June
- 11 Short notice for input needed for Munich, Vienna, Prague and Berlin
- 12 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 13 driving in france with kids
- 14 Is my plan ok
- 15 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 16 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 17 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 18 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 19 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 20 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 21 Spain traffic tickets
- 22 Reputable Tours
- 23 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 24 Easter Itinerary Advice, Rome, Parma, Venice, Stresa, Grindelwald
- 25 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)