We are a couple (active, 30s) planning about a 3-week trip starting in Prague, traveling down through Slovenia to Croatia, then through Bosnia to Romania (via Serbia), and up to Budapest where we fly home. Would love some help on transport. We usually rent a car for convenience, but is this doable where we are traveling through so many countries? (I know not all companies have insurance coverage for every country, and there are fees for car badges,etc. for certain countries.) Is it better to do a mix of public transport/car rental? Which would be the best leg of the trip to rent a car? We are on a budget and looking for the cheapest option, but are willing to pay for a bit for convenience.
We plan on hitting most of the major tourist sites (Ljublijana/Bled, Split/Dubrovnik, Mostar/Sarajavo) but would like the option of getting to less-touristy places and nature trials.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 renting
- 2 Durham Castle or Lumley Castle?
- 3 6 Days in Italy
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 SE ITALY
- 6 Alitala
- 7 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 8 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 9 Which Hotel in Rome
- 10 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 11 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 12 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 13 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 14 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 15 Stu Tower
- 16 Road closure to Linderhof October 2017
- 17 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 18 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 19 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 20 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 21 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 22 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 23 Helpful Hint
- 24 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 25 Maybe your worst nighmare...