We are a couple (active, 30s) planning about a 3-week trip starting in Prague, traveling down through Slovenia to Croatia, then through Bosnia to Romania (via Serbia), and up to Budapest where we fly home. Would love some help on transport. We usually rent a car for convenience, but is this doable where we are traveling through so many countries? (I know not all companies have insurance coverage for every country, and there are fees for car badges,etc. for certain countries.) Is it better to do a mix of public transport/car rental? Which would be the best leg of the trip to rent a car? We are on a budget and looking for the cheapest option, but are willing to pay for a bit for convenience.
We plan on hitting most of the major tourist sites (Ljublijana/Bled, Split/Dubrovnik, Mostar/Sarajavo) but would like the option of getting to less-touristy places and nature trials.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 2 3 days outside Venice
- 3 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 4 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 5 Night Bus?
- 6 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 7 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 8 Jewish Vienna
- 9 Short time in Vienna
- 10 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 11 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 12 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 13 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 14 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 15 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 16 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 19 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 20 Shall we Gdansk?
- 21 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 22 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 23 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 24 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 25 Munich to Hallstatt in a day