We are a couple (active, 30s) planning about a 3-week trip starting in Prague, traveling down through Slovenia to Croatia, then through Bosnia to Romania (via Serbia), and up to Budapest where we fly home. Would love some help on transport. We usually rent a car for convenience, but is this doable where we are traveling through so many countries? (I know not all companies have insurance coverage for every country, and there are fees for car badges,etc. for certain countries.) Is it better to do a mix of public transport/car rental? Which would be the best leg of the trip to rent a car? We are on a budget and looking for the cheapest option, but are willing to pay for a bit for convenience.
We plan on hitting most of the major tourist sites (Ljublijana/Bled, Split/Dubrovnik, Mostar/Sarajavo) but would like the option of getting to less-touristy places and nature trials.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 2 2017 Easter in Italy
- 3 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 4 4 days itinerary for France
- 5 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 6 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 7 Going to Russia
- 8 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 9 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 10 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 11 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 12 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 13 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 14 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 15 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 16 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 17 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 18 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 19 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 20 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 21 France or Italy town recommendations needed for 3 week stay
- 22 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 23 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 24 Germany/Austria...with a toddler
- 25 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain