We are a couple (active, 30s) planning about a 3-week trip starting in Prague, traveling down through Slovenia to Croatia, then through Bosnia to Romania (via Serbia), and up to Budapest where we fly home. Would love some help on transport. We usually rent a car for convenience, but is this doable where we are traveling through so many countries? (I know not all companies have insurance coverage for every country, and there are fees for car badges,etc. for certain countries.) Is it better to do a mix of public transport/car rental? Which would be the best leg of the trip to rent a car? We are on a budget and looking for the cheapest option, but are willing to pay for a bit for convenience.
We plan on hitting most of the major tourist sites (Ljublijana/Bled, Split/Dubrovnik, Mostar/Sarajavo) but would like the option of getting to less-touristy places and nature trials.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 2 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 3 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 4 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 5 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 6 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 7 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 8 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 9 Passport proplems
- 10 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 11 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 12 Itinerary help...
- 13 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 14 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 15 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 16 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 17 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 18 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 19 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 20 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 21 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 22 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 23 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 24 A week in Paris
- 25 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?