We are a couple (active, 30s) planning about a 3-week trip starting in Prague, traveling down through Slovenia to Croatia, then through Bosnia to Romania (via Serbia), and up to Budapest where we fly home. Would love some help on transport. We usually rent a car for convenience, but is this doable where we are traveling through so many countries? (I know not all companies have insurance coverage for every country, and there are fees for car badges,etc. for certain countries.) Is it better to do a mix of public transport/car rental? Which would be the best leg of the trip to rent a car? We are on a budget and looking for the cheapest option, but are willing to pay for a bit for convenience.
We plan on hitting most of the major tourist sites (Ljublijana/Bled, Split/Dubrovnik, Mostar/Sarajavo) but would like the option of getting to less-touristy places and nature trials.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 2 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 3 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 4 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 5 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 6 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 7 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 8 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 9 YIKES!
- 10 Cash machines ATM
- 11 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 12 ideas for four days in Reykjavic
- 13 Turin, Bologna or Genoa
- 14 Charming areas to explore in London
- 15 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 16 Final Four
- 17 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 18 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 19 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 20 Getting around Lisbon
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 23 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 24 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 25 Itinerary help