We are a couple (active, 30s) planning about a 3-week trip starting in Prague, traveling down through Slovenia to Croatia, then through Bosnia to Romania (via Serbia), and up to Budapest where we fly home. Would love some help on transport. We usually rent a car for convenience, but is this doable where we are traveling through so many countries? (I know not all companies have insurance coverage for every country, and there are fees for car badges,etc. for certain countries.) Is it better to do a mix of public transport/car rental? Which would be the best leg of the trip to rent a car? We are on a budget and looking for the cheapest option, but are willing to pay for a bit for convenience.
We plan on hitting most of the major tourist sites (Ljublijana/Bled, Split/Dubrovnik, Mostar/Sarajavo) but would like the option of getting to less-touristy places and nature trials.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 2 Avoid Europcar!
- 3 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 quickest way to Prague
- 6 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 7 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 8 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 9 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 16 days in France and Italy
- 12 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 13 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 14 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 15 Amsterdam
- 16 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 17 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 18 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 19 Train / Calabria
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 22 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 23 Paris for children
- 24 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 25 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?