my girlfriend and I are spending August, September and October in Europe. I am trying to work out the best way to organise the following journeys:
- train from Paris airport to Avignon on 2 August;
- train from Nice to Cinque Terre on 23 August;
- train from Florence to Rome 6 September;
- train from Rome to Venice 10 September;
- train from Venice to Interlaken 13 September;
- train from Interlaken to Berlin 15 September;
- train from Berlin to Paris 20 September; and
- train from London to Scotland on 20 October.
(all of the travel in between will be done by car).
I am wondering if we should book some sort of bulk eurail pass (you can get one that gives 10 days travel over a 2 month period) or if it would be better to just book trains as we go.
I am already leaning towards booking as we go because we can book a train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon and I don't know whether eurail offers this.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland in 4 days?
- 2 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 3 Europe itinerary
- 4 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 5 Southern Italy
- 6 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 7 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 8 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 9 Favorite restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 European Travel in March
- 11 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 12 Madrid city centre?
- 13 Barcelona extension
- 14 Ireland driving itinerary
- 15 Slovania & Croatia
- 16 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 17 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 18 Barcelona Car rental return
- 19 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 20 Manchester on derby weekend
- 21 BIKE AND BARGE
- 22 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 23 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 24 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 25 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London