my girlfriend and I are spending August, September and October in Europe. I am trying to work out the best way to organise the following journeys:
- train from Paris airport to Avignon on 2 August;
- train from Nice to Cinque Terre on 23 August;
- train from Florence to Rome 6 September;
- train from Rome to Venice 10 September;
- train from Venice to Interlaken 13 September;
- train from Interlaken to Berlin 15 September;
- train from Berlin to Paris 20 September; and
- train from London to Scotland on 20 October.
(all of the travel in between will be done by car).
I am wondering if we should book some sort of bulk eurail pass (you can get one that gives 10 days travel over a 2 month period) or if it would be better to just book trains as we go.
I am already leaning towards booking as we go because we can book a train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon and I don't know whether eurail offers this.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Korean Messages
- 2 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Interesting places to visit
- 5 Budapest in December 2017
- 6 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 7 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 8 Petrol in Greece
- 9 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 10 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 11 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 12 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 13 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 14 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 15 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 16 International Flight Question
- 17 Dijon in December!
- 18 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 19 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 20 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 21 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 24 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 25 6-7 Days in France