my girlfriend and I are spending August, September and October in Europe. I am trying to work out the best way to organise the following journeys:
- train from Paris airport to Avignon on 2 August;
- train from Nice to Cinque Terre on 23 August;
- train from Florence to Rome 6 September;
- train from Rome to Venice 10 September;
- train from Venice to Interlaken 13 September;
- train from Interlaken to Berlin 15 September;
- train from Berlin to Paris 20 September; and
- train from London to Scotland on 20 October.
(all of the travel in between will be done by car).
I am wondering if we should book some sort of bulk eurail pass (you can get one that gives 10 days travel over a 2 month period) or if it would be better to just book trains as we go.
I am already leaning towards booking as we go because we can book a train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon and I don't know whether eurail offers this.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vet my itinerary
- 2 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 3 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 4 Paris - Rome
- 5 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 6 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 7 Planning a trip to Turkey
- 8 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 9 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 10 Antiques shopping Rome
- 11 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 12 8 days in switzerland
- 13 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 14 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 15 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 16 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 17 12 Days in Italy
- 18 Health insurance coverage
- 19 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995
- 20 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 21 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 22 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 23 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 24 Family vacay in Europe
- 25 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!