my girlfriend and I are spending August, September and October in Europe. I am trying to work out the best way to organise the following journeys:
- train from Paris airport to Avignon on 2 August;
- train from Nice to Cinque Terre on 23 August;
- train from Florence to Rome 6 September;
- train from Rome to Venice 10 September;
- train from Venice to Interlaken 13 September;
- train from Interlaken to Berlin 15 September;
- train from Berlin to Paris 20 September; and
- train from London to Scotland on 20 October.
(all of the travel in between will be done by car).
I am wondering if we should book some sort of bulk eurail pass (you can get one that gives 10 days travel over a 2 month period) or if it would be better to just book trains as we go.
I am already leaning towards booking as we go because we can book a train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon and I don't know whether eurail offers this.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 2 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 3 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 4 Rue des Rosiers
- 5 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 6 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 7 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 8 Help with Scotland itinerary
- 9 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 10 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 11 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 12 Italy museum tickets
- 13 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 14 What one thing in Paris?
- 15 sfo to europe
- 16 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 17 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 18 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 19 Honeymoon in Greece & Norway April/May 2016
- 20 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 21 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 22 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 23 Shopping in Stockholm, Prague and Warsaw
- 24 Holiday in Austria
- 25 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France