my girlfriend and I are spending August, September and October in Europe. I am trying to work out the best way to organise the following journeys:
- train from Paris airport to Avignon on 2 August;
- train from Nice to Cinque Terre on 23 August;
- train from Florence to Rome 6 September;
- train from Rome to Venice 10 September;
- train from Venice to Interlaken 13 September;
- train from Interlaken to Berlin 15 September;
- train from Berlin to Paris 20 September; and
- train from London to Scotland on 20 October.
(all of the travel in between will be done by car).
I am wondering if we should book some sort of bulk eurail pass (you can get one that gives 10 days travel over a 2 month period) or if it would be better to just book trains as we go.
I am already leaning towards booking as we go because we can book a train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon and I don't know whether eurail offers this.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Quiz # 104 - Memorial Day...
- 2 Train Dublin-Galway-tickets, classes
- 3 Travel from Munich to Milan in July
- 4 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?
- 5 Draft Ireland itinerary - does it look ok?
- 6 Another Visit to London
- 7 Reserving ferry tickets Greece during high season
- 8 5 top Scams in Paris
- 9 15 nights in Italy
- 10 hotel in Prague
- 11 Suggestions for 3.5 day Sicilily Itinerary
- 12 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 13 3 days Venice to Paris
- 14 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 15 How to ship souvenirs home from Lisbon
- 16 Mom's Retirement Trip (of a Lifetime)
- 17 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 18 Tirano to Paris via bernina express in 1 day
- 19 RHK's Spring Trip
- 20 September Mediterranean Honeymoon
- 21 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 22 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 23 Social media for short trips?
- 24 How to ship souvenirs home to US?
- 25 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz