my girlfriend and I are spending August, September and October in Europe. I am trying to work out the best way to organise the following journeys:
- train from Paris airport to Avignon on 2 August;
- train from Nice to Cinque Terre on 23 August;
- train from Florence to Rome 6 September;
- train from Rome to Venice 10 September;
- train from Venice to Interlaken 13 September;
- train from Interlaken to Berlin 15 September;
- train from Berlin to Paris 20 September; and
- train from London to Scotland on 20 October.
(all of the travel in between will be done by car).
I am wondering if we should book some sort of bulk eurail pass (you can get one that gives 10 days travel over a 2 month period) or if it would be better to just book trains as we go.
I am already leaning towards booking as we go because we can book a train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon and I don't know whether eurail offers this.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Transport around Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 2 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 3 Rocamaxour
- 4 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 5 France in 2003
- 6 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 7 Maratea
- 8 Travel from Budapest to Rovinj, Croatia
- 9 2 different itineraries
- 10 Insight coach tours of Italy & France
- 11 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 12 10 Day trip and want to see Rome - Florence - Cinque Terre - Venice
- 13 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 16 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 17 Home Base in Belgium
- 18 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 19 Now for the Venice hotel
- 20 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 21 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 22 Turn Back or Forge Ahead?
- 23 Arles as a base?
- 24 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 25 My Camino de Santiago