my girlfriend and I are spending August, September and October in Europe. I am trying to work out the best way to organise the following journeys:
- train from Paris airport to Avignon on 2 August;
- train from Nice to Cinque Terre on 23 August;
- train from Florence to Rome 6 September;
- train from Rome to Venice 10 September;
- train from Venice to Interlaken 13 September;
- train from Interlaken to Berlin 15 September;
- train from Berlin to Paris 20 September; and
- train from London to Scotland on 20 October.
(all of the travel in between will be done by car).
I am wondering if we should book some sort of bulk eurail pass (you can get one that gives 10 days travel over a 2 month period) or if it would be better to just book trains as we go.
I am already leaning towards booking as we go because we can book a train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon and I don't know whether eurail offers this.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 2 dinner jackets
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 5 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 6 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 7 2 weeks Europe trip
- 8 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 9 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 10 Transportation
- 11 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 12 4 days in Provence in early June
- 13 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 14 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 15 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 16 Leather goods in Florence
- 17 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 18 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 19 France Itinerary Advice
- 20 Trip to Rome
- 21 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 22 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 23 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 24 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 25 SPB White Nights boat tours