my girlfriend and I are spending August, September and October in Europe. I am trying to work out the best way to organise the following journeys:
- train from Paris airport to Avignon on 2 August;
- train from Nice to Cinque Terre on 23 August;
- train from Florence to Rome 6 September;
- train from Rome to Venice 10 September;
- train from Venice to Interlaken 13 September;
- train from Interlaken to Berlin 15 September;
- train from Berlin to Paris 20 September; and
- train from London to Scotland on 20 October.
(all of the travel in between will be done by car).
I am wondering if we should book some sort of bulk eurail pass (you can get one that gives 10 days travel over a 2 month period) or if it would be better to just book trains as we go.
I am already leaning towards booking as we go because we can book a train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon and I don't know whether eurail offers this.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 2 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 3 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 4 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 5 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 6 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 7 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 8 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 9 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 10 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 11 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 12 Oyster card?
- 13 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 14 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 15 London Theater
- 16 multi city flights to europe
- 17 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 18 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 19 Switzerland in September
- 20 Milan and Lake Como
- 21 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 22 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 23 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 24 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 25 Shorts in South of France?