my girlfriend and I are spending August, September and October in Europe. I am trying to work out the best way to organise the following journeys:
- train from Paris airport to Avignon on 2 August;
- train from Nice to Cinque Terre on 23 August;
- train from Florence to Rome 6 September;
- train from Rome to Venice 10 September;
- train from Venice to Interlaken 13 September;
- train from Interlaken to Berlin 15 September;
- train from Berlin to Paris 20 September; and
- train from London to Scotland on 20 October.
(all of the travel in between will be done by car).
I am wondering if we should book some sort of bulk eurail pass (you can get one that gives 10 days travel over a 2 month period) or if it would be better to just book trains as we go.
I am already leaning towards booking as we go because we can book a train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon and I don't know whether eurail offers this.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Transport around Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 2 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 3 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 4 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 5 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 6 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 7 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 8 Paris in April?
- 9 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 10 Coatia or Corsica for honeymoon late June/early july?
- 11 A drive in Europe
- 12 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 13 London hotel
- 14 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 15 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 16 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 Train Options - Lisbon to Porto
- 19 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 20 Germany-berlin marathon
- 21 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 22 hotels in Seville
- 23 car rental companies Italy
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 tour guides in rome