my girlfriend and I are spending August, September and October in Europe. I am trying to work out the best way to organise the following journeys:
- train from Paris airport to Avignon on 2 August;
- train from Nice to Cinque Terre on 23 August;
- train from Florence to Rome 6 September;
- train from Rome to Venice 10 September;
- train from Venice to Interlaken 13 September;
- train from Interlaken to Berlin 15 September;
- train from Berlin to Paris 20 September; and
- train from London to Scotland on 20 October.
(all of the travel in between will be done by car).
I am wondering if we should book some sort of bulk eurail pass (you can get one that gives 10 days travel over a 2 month period) or if it would be better to just book trains as we go.
I am already leaning towards booking as we go because we can book a train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon and I don't know whether eurail offers this.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What clothes?
- 2 Where to sleep in Manchester?
- 3 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 4 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 5 When neurotic people plan vacations
- 6 Do we need a car?
- 7 Switzerland/Italian Lakes Itinerary Help
- 8 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 9 Trains through Germany
- 10 itinerary Help? 2 weeks in Scandinavia
- 11 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 12 Advice about Naples?
- 13 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 14 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 15 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 16 tipping
- 17 Europe Backpacking Itinerary: Feedback Appreciated!
- 18 Best location for hotel in Milan for 2 nights
- 19 Paris -?- Rome
- 20 best shopping deals in paris and italy?
- 21 Need advice on Mt. Rigi hike from Lucerne
- 22 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 23 Anne Frank House - new entry system advice
- 24 Portugal June
- 25 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux