my girlfriend and I are spending August, September and October in Europe. I am trying to work out the best way to organise the following journeys:
- train from Paris airport to Avignon on 2 August;
- train from Nice to Cinque Terre on 23 August;
- train from Florence to Rome 6 September;
- train from Rome to Venice 10 September;
- train from Venice to Interlaken 13 September;
- train from Interlaken to Berlin 15 September;
- train from Berlin to Paris 20 September; and
- train from London to Scotland on 20 October.
(all of the travel in between will be done by car).
I am wondering if we should book some sort of bulk eurail pass (you can get one that gives 10 days travel over a 2 month period) or if it would be better to just book trains as we go.
I am already leaning towards booking as we go because we can book a train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon and I don't know whether eurail offers this.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Transport around Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport ATMs
- 2 Story of the German Christmas star
- 3 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 4 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 5 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 6 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 7 Southern Spain
- 8 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 9 driving in france with kids
- 10 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 11 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 12 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 13 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 14 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 15 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 16 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 17 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 18 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 19 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 20 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 21 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 22 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 23 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 24 All Set To Go!!
- 25 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report