my girlfriend and I are spending August, September and October in Europe. I am trying to work out the best way to organise the following journeys:
- train from Paris airport to Avignon on 2 August;
- train from Nice to Cinque Terre on 23 August;
- train from Florence to Rome 6 September;
- train from Rome to Venice 10 September;
- train from Venice to Interlaken 13 September;
- train from Interlaken to Berlin 15 September;
- train from Berlin to Paris 20 September; and
- train from London to Scotland on 20 October.
(all of the travel in between will be done by car).
I am wondering if we should book some sort of bulk eurail pass (you can get one that gives 10 days travel over a 2 month period) or if it would be better to just book trains as we go.
I am already leaning towards booking as we go because we can book a train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon and I don't know whether eurail offers this.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Ireland travel passport question
- 3 Italy
- 4 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 5 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 8 Revised itinerary for italy
- 9 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 10 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 11 Biarritz family holiday
- 12 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 13 Lisbon hotel
- 14 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 15 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 16 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 19 4 Days in Tuscany
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Switzerland
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 24 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 25 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice