my girlfriend and I are spending August, September and October in Europe. I am trying to work out the best way to organise the following journeys:
- train from Paris airport to Avignon on 2 August;
- train from Nice to Cinque Terre on 23 August;
- train from Florence to Rome 6 September;
- train from Rome to Venice 10 September;
- train from Venice to Interlaken 13 September;
- train from Interlaken to Berlin 15 September;
- train from Berlin to Paris 20 September; and
- train from London to Scotland on 20 October.
(all of the travel in between will be done by car).
I am wondering if we should book some sort of bulk eurail pass (you can get one that gives 10 days travel over a 2 month period) or if it would be better to just book trains as we go.
I am already leaning towards booking as we go because we can book a train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon and I don't know whether eurail offers this.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 2 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 3 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 4 Hiking in Switzerland
- 5 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 6 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 7 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 8 CASH OR CARD?
- 9 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 10 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 11 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 12 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 13 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 14 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 15 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 16 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 17 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 18 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 19 2 days in Lugano area
- 20 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 21 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 22 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 23 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 24 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 25 Help on ancient history route