my girlfriend and I are spending August, September and October in Europe. I am trying to work out the best way to organise the following journeys:
- train from Paris airport to Avignon on 2 August;
- train from Nice to Cinque Terre on 23 August;
- train from Florence to Rome 6 September;
- train from Rome to Venice 10 September;
- train from Venice to Interlaken 13 September;
- train from Interlaken to Berlin 15 September;
- train from Berlin to Paris 20 September; and
- train from London to Scotland on 20 October.
(all of the travel in between will be done by car).
I am wondering if we should book some sort of bulk eurail pass (you can get one that gives 10 days travel over a 2 month period) or if it would be better to just book trains as we go.
I am already leaning towards booking as we go because we can book a train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon and I don't know whether eurail offers this.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Austria, Switzerland and Italy - vignette and toll questions
- 2 http://greentheorygarcinia.com/multiplex-garcinia/
- 3 RHK's Fall escape
- 4 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 5 Eastern Europe in Winter with Toddler
- 6 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 7 Paris lunch on the cheap / restos pas tres cher
- 8 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 9 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 10 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 11 comment on my croatia itinerary please!
- 12 Can you comment on my itinerary?
- 13 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 14 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 15 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 16 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 17 Rental car, Germany to Czech Republic
- 18 Need help in travel planning
- 19 Loire Valley itinerary
- 20 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 21 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 22 Help plan the route/transport options around Spain
- 23 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 24 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 25 Oops - too many yes it is me me me