Meant to post this last year as soon as I got back from sleeping on a bench in Copenhagen airport but the anger abated! Just a warning that if you plan on spending a night at an airport hotel on the "other side" of security checks and have only an e-ticket for a flight the following morning do not assume they will let you through. I had a reservation at the transit hotel in Copenhagen airport hoping to catch a few hours sleep before an early departure. Security were (reasonably I suppose, after all anyone can print something which loks like an e-ticket) suspicious of my e-ticket and said I should have arrived several hours earlier (this was at around 8pm) to get a special boarding pass from the airline desk. A "real" ticket would have been OK apparently.
transit hotels and e-tickets
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stay away from EF Tours
- 2 Madrid and London
- 3 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 4 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 5 Spain- Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park
- 6 Trip report Lofoten in Norway
- 7 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 8 Ireland driving vacation
- 9 I went to Paris in June
- 10 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 11 Norway -- Nutshell tour and Stavanger
- 12 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 13 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 14 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 15 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 16 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 17 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 18 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 19 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 20 I'm in a funk
- 21 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 22 Bike touring in France
- 23 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 24 Things to do near Nice
- 25 Student Visas/Schengen Zone