Meant to post this last year as soon as I got back from sleeping on a bench in Copenhagen airport but the anger abated! Just a warning that if you plan on spending a night at an airport hotel on the "other side" of security checks and have only an e-ticket for a flight the following morning do not assume they will let you through. I had a reservation at the transit hotel in Copenhagen airport hoping to catch a few hours sleep before an early departure. Security were (reasonably I suppose, after all anyone can print something which loks like an e-ticket) suspicious of my e-ticket and said I should have arrived several hours earlier (this was at around 8pm) to get a special boarding pass from the airline desk. A "real" ticket would have been OK apparently.
transit hotels and e-tickets
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 2 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 3 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 4 Last minute trip in Europe 25th Oct - 2nd Nov, interested in joining?
- 5 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 6 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 7 I dream of Europe
- 8 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 9 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 10 Ireland or Scotland
- 11 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 12 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 13 Autumn in Paris
- 14 Weekend in Norfolk
- 15 Athens at New Years
- 16 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 17 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 18 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 19 Cotswold Churches
- 20 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 21 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 22 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 23 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 24 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 25 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia