Meant to post this last year as soon as I got back from sleeping on a bench in Copenhagen airport but the anger abated! Just a warning that if you plan on spending a night at an airport hotel on the "other side" of security checks and have only an e-ticket for a flight the following morning do not assume they will let you through. I had a reservation at the transit hotel in Copenhagen airport hoping to catch a few hours sleep before an early departure. Security were (reasonably I suppose, after all anyone can print something which loks like an e-ticket) suspicious of my e-ticket and said I should have arrived several hours earlier (this was at around 8pm) to get a special boarding pass from the airline desk. A "real" ticket would have been OK apparently.
transit hotels and e-tickets
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?
- 2 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 3 CDG questions
- 4 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 5 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 6 Great restaurants in Italy
- 7 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 8 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 9 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 10 Amalfi coast in May
- 11 Napoli Centrale: Luggage/Storage Lockers?
- 12 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 13 Amsterday > Bruges
- 14 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 15 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 16 Greece after the Vote
- 17 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 18 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 19 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 20 Germany for 3 weeks
- 21 Germany and Switzerland
- 22 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 23 Renting an apt.
- 24 Food options near Tower (& Leadenhall Mkt?)
- 25 northern Portugal