Meant to post this last year as soon as I got back from sleeping on a bench in Copenhagen airport but the anger abated! Just a warning that if you plan on spending a night at an airport hotel on the "other side" of security checks and have only an e-ticket for a flight the following morning do not assume they will let you through. I had a reservation at the transit hotel in Copenhagen airport hoping to catch a few hours sleep before an early departure. Security were (reasonably I suppose, after all anyone can print something which loks like an e-ticket) suspicious of my e-ticket and said I should have arrived several hours earlier (this was at around 8pm) to get a special boarding pass from the airline desk. A "real" ticket would have been OK apparently.
transit hotels and e-tickets
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 2 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 3 I need a haircut
- 4 We Need a Pact
- 5 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 6 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 7 Tipping in Greece
- 8 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 9 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 10 Honeymooning in Europe
- 11 Southern France
- 12 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 13 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 14 Spain tips beyond safety
- 15 Small group for Colosseum
- 16 American electrical gadgets
- 17 Arc de Triumph Question
- 18 flea markets in France
- 19 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 20 Eating in France-two new books
- 21 Monet in Normandy
- 22 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 23 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 24 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 25 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014