Meant to post this last year as soon as I got back from sleeping on a bench in Copenhagen airport but the anger abated! Just a warning that if you plan on spending a night at an airport hotel on the "other side" of security checks and have only an e-ticket for a flight the following morning do not assume they will let you through. I had a reservation at the transit hotel in Copenhagen airport hoping to catch a few hours sleep before an early departure. Security were (reasonably I suppose, after all anyone can print something which loks like an e-ticket) suspicious of my e-ticket and said I should have arrived several hours earlier (this was at around 8pm) to get a special boarding pass from the airline desk. A "real" ticket would have been OK apparently.
transit hotels and e-tickets
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Hours in Brussels
- 2 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 3 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 4 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 5 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 6 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 7 Italy
- 8 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 9 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 10 Hotel in Venice
- 11 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 12 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 13 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 14 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 17 5am arrival in Dublin
- 18 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 19 Ste Remy France
- 20 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 21 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 22 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 23 destination wedding
- 24 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 25 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?