Meant to post this last year as soon as I got back from sleeping on a bench in Copenhagen airport but the anger abated! Just a warning that if you plan on spending a night at an airport hotel on the "other side" of security checks and have only an e-ticket for a flight the following morning do not assume they will let you through. I had a reservation at the transit hotel in Copenhagen airport hoping to catch a few hours sleep before an early departure. Security were (reasonably I suppose, after all anyone can print something which loks like an e-ticket) suspicious of my e-ticket and said I should have arrived several hours earlier (this was at around 8pm) to get a special boarding pass from the airline desk. A "real" ticket would have been OK apparently.
transit hotels and e-tickets
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Budapest and Vienna
- 2 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 3 A week in Paris
- 4 Group Transportation in French Riviera
- 5 Switzerland - Lucerne & 2 nights
- 6 Is Capri overrated?
- 7 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 8 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 9 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 10 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 11 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 12 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 13 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 14 Colosseum day or Night Tour
- 15 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 16 Bus ride to Positano
- 17 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 18 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 19 Suggestions for What To Do in Bologna or Surrounds on May 1
- 20 Slovenia itinerary
- 21 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 22 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 23 Paris Hotels- Le Meurice or Le Royal Monceau Raffles
- 24 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 25 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help