I am transferring jobs from a company in the US to that same company in the UK. I have literally been in love with your country and its people/culture for as long as I can remember, I study your history just for fun lol...ps if it helps LOVE Top Gear
Basically, though, for myself and my family I am looking for any tips moving...Im originally a southern belle and was taught being polite and proper etiquette was first and foremost...but what I might thinks is being friendly and polite might not be in a "foreign" country. Also, where to to look for a safe and inviting area to live in since I have a mini me (toddler)
My goal is to make a smooth transition, not offend anyone, learn everything I possibly can, be as involved as I can and make a suitable life for myself and my family.
*Goal is towards Farnborough
*Education and Open Job Market would be excellent to throw in too
Thanks Everyone.....and I appreciate all honesty, I take nothing offensively!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 2 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 3 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 4 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 5 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 6 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 9 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 10 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 11 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 12 Short Trip in July
- 13 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 14 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 15 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 16 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 17 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 18 Cell Phone Question
- 19 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 20 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 21 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 22 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 23 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 24 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 25 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne