I am transferring jobs from a company in the US to that same company in the UK. I have literally been in love with your country and its people/culture for as long as I can remember, I study your history just for fun lol...ps if it helps LOVE Top Gear
Basically, though, for myself and my family I am looking for any tips moving...Im originally a southern belle and was taught being polite and proper etiquette was first and foremost...but what I might thinks is being friendly and polite might not be in a "foreign" country. Also, where to to look for a safe and inviting area to live in since I have a mini me (toddler)
My goal is to make a smooth transition, not offend anyone, learn everything I possibly can, be as involved as I can and make a suitable life for myself and my family.
*Goal is towards Farnborough
*Education and Open Job Market would be excellent to throw in too
Thanks Everyone.....and I appreciate all honesty, I take nothing offensively!
Transfer From US job to UK job...Tips, tricks, etiquette
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 2 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 3 itinerary help
- 4 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 5 Reims for a day
- 6 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 7 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 8 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 9 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 10 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 11 Toulouse and beyond -
- 12 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 13 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 14 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 15 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 16 Scotland
- 17 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 18 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 19 Can't choose between Seville and Granada!
- 20 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 21 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 22 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 23 Estonia Amber
- 24 7 days in Greece
- 25 French embassy schengen visa related questions