I am transferring jobs from a company in the US to that same company in the UK. I have literally been in love with your country and its people/culture for as long as I can remember, I study your history just for fun lol...ps if it helps LOVE Top Gear
Basically, though, for myself and my family I am looking for any tips moving...Im originally a southern belle and was taught being polite and proper etiquette was first and foremost...but what I might thinks is being friendly and polite might not be in a "foreign" country. Also, where to to look for a safe and inviting area to live in since I have a mini me (toddler)
My goal is to make a smooth transition, not offend anyone, learn everything I possibly can, be as involved as I can and make a suitable life for myself and my family.
*Goal is towards Farnborough
*Education and Open Job Market would be excellent to throw in too
Thanks Everyone.....and I appreciate all honesty, I take nothing offensively!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 2 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 3 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 4 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 5 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 6 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 7 retruning to US with souveniers
- 8 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 9 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 10 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 11 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 12 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 13 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 14 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 15 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 16 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 17 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Help on ancient history route
- 20 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 21 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 22 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 23 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 24 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!