I am transferring jobs from a company in the US to that same company in the UK. I have literally been in love with your country and its people/culture for as long as I can remember, I study your history just for fun lol...ps if it helps LOVE Top Gear
Basically, though, for myself and my family I am looking for any tips moving...Im originally a southern belle and was taught being polite and proper etiquette was first and foremost...but what I might thinks is being friendly and polite might not be in a "foreign" country. Also, where to to look for a safe and inviting area to live in since I have a mini me (toddler)
My goal is to make a smooth transition, not offend anyone, learn everything I possibly can, be as involved as I can and make a suitable life for myself and my family.
*Goal is towards Farnborough
*Education and Open Job Market would be excellent to throw in too
Thanks Everyone.....and I appreciate all honesty, I take nothing offensively!
Transfer From US job to UK job...Tips, tricks, etiquette
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 2 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 3 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 4 Home Base in Belgium
- 5 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 6 Leaving schengen country without a re entry permit
- 7 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 8 Help planning Sicily Itinerary
- 9 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 10 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 11 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 12 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 13 Greece after the Vote
- 14 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 15 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 16 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 17 Back to Provence in 2015
- 18 Spain trip report
- 19 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 20 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 21 Rocamaxour
- 22 Traffic Violation fine - don't they want my money?
- 23 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 24 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 25 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.