I am transferring jobs from a company in the US to that same company in the UK. I have literally been in love with your country and its people/culture for as long as I can remember, I study your history just for fun lol...ps if it helps LOVE Top Gear
Basically, though, for myself and my family I am looking for any tips moving...Im originally a southern belle and was taught being polite and proper etiquette was first and foremost...but what I might thinks is being friendly and polite might not be in a "foreign" country. Also, where to to look for a safe and inviting area to live in since I have a mini me (toddler)
My goal is to make a smooth transition, not offend anyone, learn everything I possibly can, be as involved as I can and make a suitable life for myself and my family.
*Goal is towards Farnborough
*Education and Open Job Market would be excellent to throw in too
Thanks Everyone.....and I appreciate all honesty, I take nothing offensively!
Transfer From US job to UK job...Tips, tricks, etiquette
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 2 What to wear
- 3 german rail ticket question
- 4 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 5 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 6 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 7 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 8 Madrid and London
- 9 Prague flea markets
- 10 Tipping in Greece
- 11 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 12 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 13 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 14 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 15 Timing a river cruise
- 16 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 17 Painting Classes at Giverny or surrounds in English please!
- 18 Norway Haugesund and Bergen photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 19 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 20 flea markets in France
- 21 I need a haircut
- 22 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 23 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 24 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 25 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??