Can you help me find out in which zone would my hotel be considered? Would it be Avcilar-4Levent? The hotel is in Kabatas-Taksim, Beyoglu, 34427
The rates depend on the zone, and the offered zones are:
Anatolian Side Other
These zones are on the Secure Drive web page (http://www.securedrivetravel.com.tr),
They don't answer my mail sent on his own web page, and i'm afraid to follow the booking procedure without knowing the price of the transfer.
I got initially a 55 euro rate for transfer from Ataturk airport to the hotel in Kabatas.
I thought it was a little bit pricey, but it is usually like that to get out from an airport.
But then, I read the Witt Istanbul lodge, and they say that a transfer to Taksim is around 50 TL ( http://www.wittistanbul.com/magazine/istanbul-taxi-fares-every-tourist-ought-to-know/ )
However, he recommended me to take Secure Drive since I'm travelling with my sons. So i'd like to find out if its price is lower than the transfer offered by the hotel.
For the ones that need the info, here are the rates for the regular taxis, quoted from his post
"Istanbul Taxi Flat Rate and Increments
- When you enter the taxi, the driver will activate the meter. The display should read 2.95 TL — the current flat rate.
- This fare is incremented with approximately 1,83 TL every kilometer.
- If a taxi gets caught up in traffic and doesn’t move or has to wait on your behalf for over 1 minutes, 0.30 TL will be added.
- There used to be a night and day rate, but that has been abolished. Don’t let him tell you different!"
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 2 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 3 Leather goods in Florence
- 4 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 5 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 6 Trip to Rome
- 7 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 8 France Itinerary Advice
- 9 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 10 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 11 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 12 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 13 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 14 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 15 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 16 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 17 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 18 French election
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 20 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 21 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 22 Advice on apartment in Spain and location
- 23 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 24 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 25 French Election - Questions???
Transfer from Ataturk to hotel in Kabatas-Taksim, Beyoglu, 34427 Istanbul