We plan on travelling to Germany and France in fall of 2017. Landing in Frankfurt from Canada, after an overnight flight, not sure if we want to rent a car at the airport or take a train to Cochem and rent a car there. Firstly, after landing, where at the airport can we catch a train and which line would it be? Secondly, we have looked briefly for a car rental in Cochem and can't seem to locate one. Does anyone know if we can rent from the train station and if not, where can we rent one?
Also, I read in some older posts that some type of environmental sticker is required on car rentals in Germany. Is this correct and is it a problem to take the car to France?
We plan on staying in the village of Riqueweir in France. Any comments good or bad about either Cochem or Riqueweir.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 2 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 3 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 4 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 5 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 6 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 7 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 8 Shoes in Scotland
- 9 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 10 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 11 Alsace for 5 days and 6 more days- where???
- 12 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 13 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 16 Sicily
- 17 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 20 Two for One Days OUt
- 21 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Honeymoon in Greece
- 24 Tour of Northern Italy
- 25 Italy for Christmas Week