We plan on travelling to Germany and France in fall of 2017. Landing in Frankfurt from Canada, after an overnight flight, not sure if we want to rent a car at the airport or take a train to Cochem and rent a car there. Firstly, after landing, where at the airport can we catch a train and which line would it be? Secondly, we have looked briefly for a car rental in Cochem and can't seem to locate one. Does anyone know if we can rent from the train station and if not, where can we rent one?
Also, I read in some older posts that some type of environmental sticker is required on car rentals in Germany. Is this correct and is it a problem to take the car to France?
We plan on staying in the village of Riqueweir in France. Any comments good or bad about either Cochem or Riqueweir.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LIsbon
- 2 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 3 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 4 Back from Paris
- 5 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 6 London Hotels
- 7 Iceland in 7 days.
- 8 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 10 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 11 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 12 Luggage Storage
- 13 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 14 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 19 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 20 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 21 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 22 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 23 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Destination from London by train, advice please