We plan on travelling to Germany and France in fall of 2017. Landing in Frankfurt from Canada, after an overnight flight, not sure if we want to rent a car at the airport or take a train to Cochem and rent a car there. Firstly, after landing, where at the airport can we catch a train and which line would it be? Secondly, we have looked briefly for a car rental in Cochem and can't seem to locate one. Does anyone know if we can rent from the train station and if not, where can we rent one?
Also, I read in some older posts that some type of environmental sticker is required on car rentals in Germany. Is this correct and is it a problem to take the car to France?
We plan on staying in the village of Riqueweir in France. Any comments good or bad about either Cochem or Riqueweir.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 2 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 3 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 4 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 5 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 6 Itinerary help...
- 7 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 8 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 9 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 10 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 11 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 12 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 13 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 14 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 15 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 16 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 17 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 18 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 19 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 20 A week in Paris
- 21 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 22 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 23 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 24 2 week itinery
- 25 Is it still fun to visit Paris?