We (2 people) will be travelling to Milan in Italy end of July for 4 days. On one of those days, we intend to take the first morning train to Venice and return the same day on the latest train. I have checked trenitalia website and the cheapest fare I can find is 76 Euros for 2 people. I was wondering if there are special tickets for groups of 2-5 people that would offer cheaper transportation (as few years ago, we went from Vienna to Salzburg using such a ticket for only 24 Euros or so...)
Note that we will be taking another train to Rome where we will stay for another 4 days. The price I got on Trenitalia was 86 Euros at least.
And, in case this might be helpful, we will be coming into Milan from Freiburg in Germany (costing another 98 Euros minimum).
What options do we have? Could you please advise me if these prices are good to go with or if there are cheaper alternatives, I would greatly appreciate your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whathello Paris
- 2 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 3 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 4 Uber vs. TfL
- 5 Athens Help
- 6 Trains in Italy
- 7 Transport for local Venice travel
- 8 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 9 Crete Holiday
- 10 Christmas in Italy
- 11 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 12 "Too Much Cows"
- 13 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 14 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 15 Thinking about the Fjords
- 16 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 17 Rome to Venice
- 18 Alitala
- 19 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 20 Bordeaux to Nice
- 21 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 22 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 23 One free day in Barcelona
- 24 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 25 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?