We (2 people) will be travelling to Milan in Italy end of July for 4 days. On one of those days, we intend to take the first morning train to Venice and return the same day on the latest train. I have checked trenitalia website and the cheapest fare I can find is 76 Euros for 2 people. I was wondering if there are special tickets for groups of 2-5 people that would offer cheaper transportation (as few years ago, we went from Vienna to Salzburg using such a ticket for only 24 Euros or so...)
Note that we will be taking another train to Rome where we will stay for another 4 days. The price I got on Trenitalia was 86 Euros at least.
And, in case this might be helpful, we will be coming into Milan from Freiburg in Germany (costing another 98 Euros minimum).
What options do we have? Could you please advise me if these prices are good to go with or if there are cheaper alternatives, I would greatly appreciate your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 4 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 5 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 6 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 9 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 10 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 13 Questions about Polish sights
- 14 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 15 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 18 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 19 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 23 Italy
- 24 Revised itinerary for italy
- 25 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?