We (2 people) will be travelling to Milan in Italy end of July for 4 days. On one of those days, we intend to take the first morning train to Venice and return the same day on the latest train. I have checked trenitalia website and the cheapest fare I can find is 76 Euros for 2 people. I was wondering if there are special tickets for groups of 2-5 people that would offer cheaper transportation (as few years ago, we went from Vienna to Salzburg using such a ticket for only 24 Euros or so...)
Note that we will be taking another train to Rome where we will stay for another 4 days. The price I got on Trenitalia was 86 Euros at least.
And, in case this might be helpful, we will be coming into Milan from Freiburg in Germany (costing another 98 Euros minimum).
What options do we have? Could you please advise me if these prices are good to go with or if there are cheaper alternatives, I would greatly appreciate your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 5 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 6 Vigo Spain????
- 7 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 8 Paris in August
- 9 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 10 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 11 Visiting Zurich
- 12 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 13 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 14 Christmas in Spain
- 15 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 16 Train travel to and from Paris
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 Zadar or Sibenik
- 19 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 20 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 21 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 22 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 23 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 24 Driving in Italy
- 25 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning