We (2 people) will be travelling to Milan in Italy end of July for 4 days. On one of those days, we intend to take the first morning train to Venice and return the same day on the latest train. I have checked trenitalia website and the cheapest fare I can find is 76 Euros for 2 people. I was wondering if there are special tickets for groups of 2-5 people that would offer cheaper transportation (as few years ago, we went from Vienna to Salzburg using such a ticket for only 24 Euros or so...)
Note that we will be taking another train to Rome where we will stay for another 4 days. The price I got on Trenitalia was 86 Euros at least.
And, in case this might be helpful, we will be coming into Milan from Freiburg in Germany (costing another 98 Euros minimum).
What options do we have? Could you please advise me if these prices are good to go with or if there are cheaper alternatives, I would greatly appreciate your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Couscous
- 2 Get : Recovery Password CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 VERIZON Technical SUPP0RT
- 3 16 days in France and Italy
- 4 European Vacation 2017
- 5 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 6 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 7 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 8 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 9 One July night in Verona - help!
- 10 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 11 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 13 London in September
- 14 Avoid Europcar!
- 15 Paris for children
- 16 Scotland - We're Here!
- 17 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 18 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 19 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 20 IWM
- 21 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 22 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 23 Guided Vatican Tours
- 24 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 25 Best Masseria in Puglia