Left home noontime Friday, April 17th and arrived at the apartment in Edinburgh 5 pm there, noontime Saturday, April 18th back to home. That was a long time, start to finish, so something to learn right from the beginning of my travels. I guess that is a focus of my trip report, not just what I saw and did, but what I learned and can put toward planning a next trip.
Trains, planes, and libraries: solo trip, open-jaw EDI/LHR
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 2 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 3 Italy dolomites
- 4 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 5 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 6 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 7 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 8 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 9 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 10 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 11 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 12 Airport ATMs
- 13 All Set To Go!!
- 14 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 15 Condor Long-Haul Business Class
- 16 history museums or locations
- 17 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 18 22 year olds in Europe
- 19 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 20 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 21 Good times in Munich, the city
- 22 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 23 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 24 Cylades Island Hopping
- 25 One week in Spain, late May