Left home noontime Friday, April 17th and arrived at the apartment in Edinburgh 5 pm there, noontime Saturday, April 18th back to home. That was a long time, start to finish, so something to learn right from the beginning of my travels. I guess that is a focus of my trip report, not just what I saw and did, but what I learned and can put toward planning a next trip.
Trains, planes, and libraries: solo trip, open-jaw EDI/LHR
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tasting Cellars in Beaune
- 2 best way to get to Italy from Greece
- 3 SIM cards in Italy,Germany, Austria, & Czech Republic
- 4 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 5 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 6 Top 5 choices from London
- 7 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 8 Day on the Rhine
- 9 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 10 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 11 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 12 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?
- 13 Best way to get to Italy from Greece of vice versa
- 14 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 15 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 16 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 17 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 18 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 19 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 20 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 21 British Airways Carry-On Luggage - Need Help!
- 22 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 23 Help plan train from Segovia to Toledo
- 24 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 25 Transportation in Paris