In June we are flying into Munich for 1 week. In that week we plan the following -
Day 1 Munich
Day 2 Day trip to Fussen (Castles), return to Munich for the night
Day 3 Day trip Rothenburg, return to Munich for the night
Day 4 Train to Hallstatt Austria via Salzburg
Day 5 Hallstatt
Day 6 Train back to Salzburg for one night
Day 7 Possibly one more night in Salzburg or travel back to Munich for a 4th night
Day 8 fly home
After looking at average weather conditions for each place, it concerns me that Hallstatt sees a lot of rain in the summer months and in all honestly i'm not sure i would like to spend 2 days of my summer holiday under an umbrella, especially in Hallstatt where most enjoyment is found outdoors.
My question is about trains. (Considering i will be needing to use the train to get from Munich airport to Munich and back. I will probably using the train/tram to travel around Munich. Train from Munich - Hallstatt. Train Hallstatt to Salzburg and finally Salzburg to Munich and on to the airport).
Is there a ticket we can buy that will cover all the above for both countries every day or will it be best to buy separately for each destination?Should i purchase tickets in advance or at the time?
If the weather turns out to be miserable in Hallstatt, i want to be able to change our plans last minute and head somewhere else so don't really want to suffer any huge losses in travel costs?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 2 인터넷신천지 ▣ 홈피:≫ttw46.com≪
- 3 로얄카지노추천■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■라이브카지노ゅ라이브카지노
- 4 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 5 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 6 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 7 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 8 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 9 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 10 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 11 Cordoba Overnight?
- 12 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 13 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 14 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 15 Sintra
- 16 Scotland Trip Report
- 17 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 18 Barcelona summer 2017 -- brainstorm with me
- 19 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 20 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 21 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 22 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 23 Kayaking in Avignon
- 24 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 25 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up