In June we are flying into Munich for 1 week. In that week we plan the following -
Day 1 Munich
Day 2 Day trip to Fussen (Castles), return to Munich for the night
Day 3 Day trip Rothenburg, return to Munich for the night
Day 4 Train to Hallstatt Austria via Salzburg
Day 5 Hallstatt
Day 6 Train back to Salzburg for one night
Day 7 Possibly one more night in Salzburg or travel back to Munich for a 4th night
Day 8 fly home
After looking at average weather conditions for each place, it concerns me that Hallstatt sees a lot of rain in the summer months and in all honestly i'm not sure i would like to spend 2 days of my summer holiday under an umbrella, especially in Hallstatt where most enjoyment is found outdoors.
My question is about trains. (Considering i will be needing to use the train to get from Munich airport to Munich and back. I will probably using the train/tram to travel around Munich. Train from Munich - Hallstatt. Train Hallstatt to Salzburg and finally Salzburg to Munich and on to the airport).
Is there a ticket we can buy that will cover all the above for both countries every day or will it be best to buy separately for each destination?Should i purchase tickets in advance or at the time?
If the weather turns out to be miserable in Hallstatt, i want to be able to change our plans last minute and head somewhere else so don't really want to suffer any huge losses in travel costs?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Helpdesk: avast Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 avast 24*7
- 2 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 3 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 4 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 5 London is it worth it?
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 8 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 9 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 10 Paris and Normandy
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 13 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 14 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 15 Help me make this possible!
- 16 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 17 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 18 Car Rental
- 19 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 20 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 21 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 22 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 23 Balkans
- 24 My first trip to Crete
- 25 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers