In June we are flying into Munich for 1 week. In that week we plan the following -
Day 1 Munich
Day 2 Day trip to Fussen (Castles), return to Munich for the night
Day 3 Day trip Rothenburg, return to Munich for the night
Day 4 Train to Hallstatt Austria via Salzburg
Day 5 Hallstatt
Day 6 Train back to Salzburg for one night
Day 7 Possibly one more night in Salzburg or travel back to Munich for a 4th night
Day 8 fly home
After looking at average weather conditions for each place, it concerns me that Hallstatt sees a lot of rain in the summer months and in all honestly i'm not sure i would like to spend 2 days of my summer holiday under an umbrella, especially in Hallstatt where most enjoyment is found outdoors.
My question is about trains. (Considering i will be needing to use the train to get from Munich airport to Munich and back. I will probably using the train/tram to travel around Munich. Train from Munich - Hallstatt. Train Hallstatt to Salzburg and finally Salzburg to Munich and on to the airport).
Is there a ticket we can buy that will cover all the above for both countries every day or will it be best to buy separately for each destination?Should i purchase tickets in advance or at the time?
If the weather turns out to be miserable in Hallstatt, i want to be able to change our plans last minute and head somewhere else so don't really want to suffer any huge losses in travel costs?
Thanks in advance.
Trains Munich Bavaria Salzburg Hallstatt
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Quiz # 66 Monday
- 2 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 3 Basel Customs - Forgotten Pasport: photocopy suffice?
- 4 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 5 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 6 Gorges du Verdon or take the A8 from Nice towards Aix?
- 7 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 8 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 9 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 10 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 11 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 12 Visiting Anne Frank House
- 13 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 14 Hydra to Peloponnese to Zakynthos...a few questions
- 15 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 16 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 17 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 Road Trip Part 1...............Madrid To Lisbon by Auto
- 20 Visiting the winemakers in Portugal
- 21 Train from Sarlat
- 22 1 Night Paris before Eurostar - Where to stay
- 23 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 24 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 25 Poland Safety