We planned our trip to Italy on Mid-May (2016).
We will have the following train rides on this trip:
1- Venice to Verona (return trip)
2- Venice to Bologna (one-way, with luggage)
3- Bologna to Firenze (return trip)
4- Bologna to Monterosso (one-way, with luggage)
5- Monterosso to Central Milan (one-way, with luggage)
* I excluded the trains within the Italian Riviera, and from Milan to MXP
Should we book any of these train rides in advance?
I ask since I see that for example, since we want to take the fastest options of each train ride (which can save 1/2 hour or more per ride), and was wondering if we should book these fast options in advance (?) and whether we are gonna save money by booking 6 weeks in advance.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whathello Paris
- 2 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 3 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 4 Uber vs. TfL
- 5 Athens Help
- 6 Trains in Italy
- 7 Transport for local Venice travel
- 8 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 9 Crete Holiday
- 10 Christmas in Italy
- 11 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 12 "Too Much Cows"
- 13 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 14 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 15 Thinking about the Fjords
- 16 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 17 Rome to Venice
- 18 Alitala
- 19 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 20 Bordeaux to Nice
- 21 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 22 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 23 One free day in Barcelona
- 24 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 25 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?