We planned our trip to Italy on Mid-May (2016).
We will have the following train rides on this trip:
1- Venice to Verona (return trip)
2- Venice to Bologna (one-way, with luggage)
3- Bologna to Firenze (return trip)
4- Bologna to Monterosso (one-way, with luggage)
5- Monterosso to Central Milan (one-way, with luggage)
* I excluded the trains within the Italian Riviera, and from Milan to MXP
Should we book any of these train rides in advance?
I ask since I see that for example, since we want to take the fastest options of each train ride (which can save 1/2 hour or more per ride), and was wondering if we should book these fast options in advance (?) and whether we are gonna save money by booking 6 weeks in advance.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 5 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 6 Vigo Spain????
- 7 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 8 Paris in August
- 9 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 10 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 11 Visiting Zurich
- 12 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 13 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 14 Christmas in Spain
- 15 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 16 Train travel to and from Paris
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 Zadar or Sibenik
- 19 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 20 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 21 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 22 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 23 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 24 Driving in Italy
- 25 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning