I will be in Italy next week 10/11 - 10/19 and I am hoping I can get some input on the best way to go about planning to move between cities for as cheaply and quickly as possible on the train system. Our plan is to
Fly into Venice --> Rome ---> Florence --->Fly out of Milan
I have looked at Italo, and trenitalia.com and italiarail.com, but when I search specific dates, the prices are significantly higher than what people claim they have paid (80-90 vs 30-40 euros). My question is what would be the best option to move between these cities? Are the passes an option I should use? If so, how? Can I take a bullet train to cut down on travel time - where do I search for those?
Any information you can give about how is best to go about planning, I would really appreciate. I feel a little overwhelmed.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 2 Venice Bell Tower
- 3 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 4 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 5 Kayaking in Avignon
- 6 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 7 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 8 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 9 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 10 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 11 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 12 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 13 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 14 Cordoba Overnight?
- 15 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 16 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 17 Sintra
- 18 Scotland Trip Report
- 19 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 20 Barcelona summer 2017 -- brainstorm with me
- 21 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 22 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 23 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 24 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 25 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?