I will be in Italy next week 10/11 - 10/19 and I am hoping I can get some input on the best way to go about planning to move between cities for as cheaply and quickly as possible on the train system. Our plan is to
Fly into Venice --> Rome ---> Florence --->Fly out of Milan
I have looked at Italo, and trenitalia.com and italiarail.com, but when I search specific dates, the prices are significantly higher than what people claim they have paid (80-90 vs 30-40 euros). My question is what would be the best option to move between these cities? Are the passes an option I should use? If so, how? Can I take a bullet train to cut down on travel time - where do I search for those?
Any information you can give about how is best to go about planning, I would really appreciate. I feel a little overwhelmed.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 3 Back from Paris
- 4 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 7 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 8 Summer Travel order
- 9 10 days in Paris and......
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 Brugge hotel help
- 12 Luggage Storage
- 13 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 14 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 15 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 16 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 17 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 18 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 19 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 20 LIsbon
- 21 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 22 International Flight Question
- 23 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 24 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 25 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking