I will be in Italy next week 10/11 - 10/19 and I am hoping I can get some input on the best way to go about planning to move between cities for as cheaply and quickly as possible on the train system. Our plan is to
Fly into Venice --> Rome ---> Florence --->Fly out of Milan
I have looked at Italo, and trenitalia.com and italiarail.com, but when I search specific dates, the prices are significantly higher than what people claim they have paid (80-90 vs 30-40 euros). My question is what would be the best option to move between these cities? Are the passes an option I should use? If so, how? Can I take a bullet train to cut down on travel time - where do I search for those?
Any information you can give about how is best to go about planning, I would really appreciate. I feel a little overwhelmed.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 3 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 6 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 7 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 8 Towersey, London
- 9 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 10 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 11 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 12 Amalfi Coast help
- 13 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 14 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Ireland in April
- 17 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 20 A few days outside Rome
- 21 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 22 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 23 CDG airport and connection time
- 24 Paris Metro
- 25 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris