I will be in Italy next week 10/11 - 10/19 and I am hoping I can get some input on the best way to go about planning to move between cities for as cheaply and quickly as possible on the train system. Our plan is to
Fly into Venice --> Rome ---> Florence --->Fly out of Milan
I have looked at Italo, and trenitalia.com and italiarail.com, but when I search specific dates, the prices are significantly higher than what people claim they have paid (80-90 vs 30-40 euros). My question is what would be the best option to move between these cities? Are the passes an option I should use? If so, how? Can I take a bullet train to cut down on travel time - where do I search for those?
Any information you can give about how is best to go about planning, I would really appreciate. I feel a little overwhelmed.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Zurich
- 2 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 3 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 4 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 5 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 6 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 7 Paris to Bordeaux
- 8 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 9 Iceland 3 day layover
- 10 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 11 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 12 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 13 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 14 Train travel
- 15 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 16 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 17 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 18 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 19 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 20 DVD burning software
- 21 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 22 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 23 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 24 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 25 WWI Battlefields