I will be in Italy next week 10/11 - 10/19 and I am hoping I can get some input on the best way to go about planning to move between cities for as cheaply and quickly as possible on the train system. Our plan is to
Fly into Venice --> Rome ---> Florence --->Fly out of Milan
I have looked at Italo, and trenitalia.com and italiarail.com, but when I search specific dates, the prices are significantly higher than what people claim they have paid (80-90 vs 30-40 euros). My question is what would be the best option to move between these cities? Are the passes an option I should use? If so, how? Can I take a bullet train to cut down on travel time - where do I search for those?
Any information you can give about how is best to go about planning, I would really appreciate. I feel a little overwhelmed.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 4 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 5 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 6 One free day in Barcelona
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 10 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 14 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 15 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 16 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 17 Bordeaux to Nice
- 18 Greek Village
- 19 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 20 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 21 Uber vs. TfL
- 22 Berlin
- 23 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 24 Germany or Sweden
- 25 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast