We are travelling to Italy this summer. We plan on taking a train from Venice to Florence; Florence to Rome and finally Rome to Varenna then we want to drive or take a train into Switzerland. Which is the best way to go? Purchase a rail europe pass for 4 days of travel or purchase individual trips? We want to be economical but want our travel to be smooth. What can we expect in the summer months? What is the newer train company Italo like?
Trains in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 2 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 3 Arc de Triumph Question
- 4 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 5 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 6 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 7 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 8 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 9 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 10 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 11 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 12 What to wear
- 13 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 14 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 15 Paris November 2014
- 16 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 17 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 18 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 19 Traveling in France by train
- 20 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 21 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 22 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 23 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 24 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 25 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??