I'm planning to book a train ticket from London to Birmingham.
Apparently there are no reserved seats on these trains. Seating is on a first come first served basis.
I was wondering are these trains often full during the weekend or is it easy to find a seat?
Also what is the proper etiquette in England, let's say I find an empty seat next to someone else, should I say "Hello, can i sit here?" or should I just sit down quietly without making eye-contact (like in a bus)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 2 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 5 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 6 Spanish food - not that special?
- 7 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 13 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 14 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 15 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 16 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 17 Chania
- 18 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 19 Car rental in Santorini port
- 20 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 21 Renting a car in Greece
- 22 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 23 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 24 renting a car in greece
- 25 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights