I'm planning to book a train ticket from London to Birmingham.
Apparently there are no reserved seats on these trains. Seating is on a first come first served basis.
I was wondering are these trains often full during the weekend or is it easy to find a seat?
Also what is the proper etiquette in England, let's say I find an empty seat next to someone else, should I say "Hello, can i sit here?" or should I just sit down quietly without making eye-contact (like in a bus)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 2 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 3 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 5 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 6 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 7 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 8 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 9 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 10 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 11 Trip to Rome
- 12 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 13 Greek Islands (small)
- 14 Spain in December
- 15 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 16 cheap food in london
- 17 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 18 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 19 Eating Indian In London
- 20 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 21 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 22 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 23 Sundays in Puglia
- 24 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 25 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores