I'm planning to book a train ticket from London to Birmingham.
Apparently there are no reserved seats on these trains. Seating is on a first come first served basis.
I was wondering are these trains often full during the weekend or is it easy to find a seat?
Also what is the proper etiquette in England, let's say I find an empty seat next to someone else, should I say "Hello, can i sit here?" or should I just sit down quietly without making eye-contact (like in a bus)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 2 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 Italy travel plan help
- 5 Globus Iberian Tour
- 6 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 7 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 8 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 9 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 10 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 11 Thinking about the Fjords
- 12 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 13 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 14 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 15 road trip through scotland
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 18 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 19 Poland to Austria In December
- 20 Tracking the Weather
- 21 Camping on the Tour of Mont Blanc
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 What are your St. Petersburg, Russia experiences?
- 24 base for Andalucia
- 25 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days