I'm planning to book a train ticket from London to Birmingham.
Apparently there are no reserved seats on these trains. Seating is on a first come first served basis.
I was wondering are these trains often full during the weekend or is it easy to find a seat?
Also what is the proper etiquette in England, let's say I find an empty seat next to someone else, should I say "Hello, can i sit here?" or should I just sit down quietly without making eye-contact (like in a bus)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 2 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 3 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 9 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 10 Flamenco in October
- 11 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 12 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 13 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 14 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 15 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 16 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 17 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 18 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 19 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 20 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 21 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 22 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Questions about Polish sights
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions