We are trying to figure out the best options for Car Rental/Train for our Rome-Tuscany-Dolomites trip in January. I’m having trouble deciding on pickup/drop locations which work for our trip. I can’t decide between:
• picking up the car in Rome (city or airport) or in Tuscany (Chiusi or Orvieto)
• dropping of the car in (Chiusi or Orvieto or Florence) for the onward train journey to Bolzano
We have the following accommodation bookings and so I’m looking for advice for the 2 travel dates of 5th and 9th January that would work best with our accommodation and destination locations.
• Rome (Palazzo Olivia) – 6 nights departing Tuesday 5th Jan
• Montepulciano (Sant' Antonio) - 4 nights arriving 5th Jan and departing Saturday 9th Jan
• Ortisei – 7 nights arriving Saturday 9th Jan
We are from Australia and have driven in Italy before as part of a 6 week multi-country trip during October/November a few years back. It included every sort of weather condition including snow/fog/torrential rain. We have driven into and out of Florence city centre which was very scary but we survived - so we could do that again if required. We usually book in advance through autoeurope.com and have had nothing but good experiences with them so far.
I’ve been trawling this forum for ideas but just thought I would ask you all what might work best for us since we don’t need to go to into Florence this trip.
All your advice gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage Storage
- 2 아시안바카라━▶⋊【→ SO224。COM ←】⋉◀━슈퍼카지노
- 3 빅브라더카지노━▶⋊【→ SO224。COM ←】⋉◀━슈퍼카지노
- 4 나인카지노━▶⋊【→ SO224。COM ←】⋉◀━슈퍼카지노
- 5 LIsbon
- 6 강원랜드카지노━▶⋊【→ SO224。COM ←】⋉◀━슈퍼카지노
- 7 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 8 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 9 Back from Paris
- 10 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 11 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 12 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 13 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 14 Another tipping question: concierges
- 15 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 16 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 17 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 21 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 22 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 23 Trip suggestion
- 24 Spain in July
- 25 Summer Travel order