I am a student who is about to embark on a backpacking journey across England and Europe. I have purchased an Global Eurail pass, but looking at the map you can only travel with it to bigger city's. I want to explore small towns, see attractions that are not on the route. Is there such a thing as smaller rails or a good bus service? Does Eurail provide smaller trains within countries? Or would I I have to buy bus passes/ train passes (provided they exist) and how much would they cost? Thanks so much! all help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 2 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 3 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 4 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 7 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 8 Germany in December Trip Report
- 9 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 10 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 11 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 12 Paris: Best (or Worst) Apartment Rental Companies
- 13 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 14 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands
- 15 Norway Self-Drive - Winter 2017
- 16 French restaurants
- 17 Azores in February
- 18 Trains in Alps and UK
- 19 Scotland Trip
- 20 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 21 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 22 Lisbon trip report
- 23 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 24 Ireland in April
- 25 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland