I am a student who is about to embark on a backpacking journey across England and Europe. I have purchased an Global Eurail pass, but looking at the map you can only travel with it to bigger city's. I want to explore small towns, see attractions that are not on the route. Is there such a thing as smaller rails or a good bus service? Does Eurail provide smaller trains within countries? Or would I I have to buy bus passes/ train passes (provided they exist) and how much would they cost? Thanks so much! all help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 2 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 3 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 4 Itinerary help for 2 weeks vacation
- 5 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 6 Piedmont as a destination
- 7 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 8 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 9 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 10 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 11 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 12 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 13 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 14 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 15 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 16 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 17 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 18 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 19 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 22 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 23 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 24 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 25 dinner jackets