We are still trying to wrap up our Xmas market trip to Germany. Originally I was going to rent a car when departing Berlin and then visit Dresden, Bamberg, Nurnberg Rothenburg, Wurzburg, Munich and then south . I know that we want the car when going south of Munich but am thinking again about the other cities. There are 3 of us and it seems that train travel is possibly more than the car and certainly doesn't allow as much flexibility. For example, I was told that a train trip from Berlin to Wittenberg would be $64 round trip. That would be close to $190. for the 3 of us and certainly we could drive and park cheaper than that. But in favor of the train we wouldn't have to hassel parking or driving into the towns. We have driven in Europe many times and generally do okay. If we were to travel by train how do I get the best rate. What are your thoughts on 3 travelers renting a car vs. train.
train vs auto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Italy to France
- 2 Why don't the French want to work?
- 3 7 Nights in Paris
- 4 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 5 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 6 Edinburgh - Mercat Tours -
- 7 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 8 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 9 Daily Bus Tours in Croatia, Slovenia and nearby countries
- 10 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 11 Late night/early morning transport from Barcelona Airport to city center
- 12 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 13 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 14 Little-kid friendly place an hour or so by train from Frankfurt airport
- 15 Italy, England, OR France in 2015: Tour Operators - Or go it alone?
- 16 Skip the Line: Small-Group Eiffel Tower Sunset Tour
- 17 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 18 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 19 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 20 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 21 Matisse at Tate
- 22 2 weeks in Europe
- 23 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 24 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 25 Another request for itinerary help-June-arrive Lisbon; depart Barcelona-14 days