We are still trying to wrap up our Xmas market trip to Germany. Originally I was going to rent a car when departing Berlin and then visit Dresden, Bamberg, Nurnberg Rothenburg, Wurzburg, Munich and then south . I know that we want the car when going south of Munich but am thinking again about the other cities. There are 3 of us and it seems that train travel is possibly more than the car and certainly doesn't allow as much flexibility. For example, I was told that a train trip from Berlin to Wittenberg would be $64 round trip. That would be close to $190. for the 3 of us and certainly we could drive and park cheaper than that. But in favor of the train we wouldn't have to hassel parking or driving into the towns. We have driven in Europe many times and generally do okay. If we were to travel by train how do I get the best rate. What are your thoughts on 3 travelers renting a car vs. train.
train vs auto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transport Advice - Heathrow to Kings Cross St/Clink78
- 2 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 3 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 4 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 5 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 6 Olive Oil
- 7 Itinerary for Germany, Italy and Austria
- 8 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 9 Transports in Santorini
- 10 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 11 Scotland Votes "No"
- 12 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 13 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 14 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 15 iDTGV Sales Open for Travel December 14 to March 29
- 16 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 17 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 18 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 19 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 20 Venice cruise terminal to San Marcos, and San Marcos to airport?
- 21 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 22 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 23 Portugal 15 day Itinerary Help
- 24 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 25 french riviera