Our itinerary over an extended Christmas holiday looks like this: Amsterdam - Berlin - Krakow - Prague - Munich - Bern - Venice - Pisa - Rome - Paris - London - Brugge - Amsterdam.
We are travelling in that order because we have to be in a few particular places on specific dates so this itinerary works the best for us & I think it's about 45 days in total to do this trip.
I'm looking for some advice on train travel versus air travel (we will combine the 2 but obviously some destinations will be better by train versus plane). We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teens. We are thinking of air travel from Rome to Paris but the other lengthy legs are proving difficult (such as Berlin to Krakow) where I cant seem to find a low cost carrier.
Looking for some hints and tips on how other travellers have found point to point tickets versus rail passes or suggested air travel routes etc etc.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Keukenhof in May?
- 2 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 3 tickets for Wimbledon
- 4 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 5 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 6 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 7 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 8 Insurance on rental car options
- 9 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Istanbul at Easter
- 12 Happy birthday ATM
- 13 Renting a car in Greece
- 14 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 15 24 hours in Paris
- 16 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 20 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 21 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 22 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 23 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 24 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 25 Help with Crete Itinerary