Our itinerary over an extended Christmas holiday looks like this: Amsterdam - Berlin - Krakow - Prague - Munich - Bern - Venice - Pisa - Rome - Paris - London - Brugge - Amsterdam.
We are travelling in that order because we have to be in a few particular places on specific dates so this itinerary works the best for us & I think it's about 45 days in total to do this trip.
I'm looking for some advice on train travel versus air travel (we will combine the 2 but obviously some destinations will be better by train versus plane). We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teens. We are thinking of air travel from Rome to Paris but the other lengthy legs are proving difficult (such as Berlin to Krakow) where I cant seem to find a low cost carrier.
Looking for some hints and tips on how other travellers have found point to point tickets versus rail passes or suggested air travel routes etc etc.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 2 Best Indian Food
- 3 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 4 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 5 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 6 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 7 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 8 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 9 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 10 Piedmont as a destination
- 11 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 12 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 13 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 14 Need Information about French Alps
- 15 dinner jackets
- 16 France Itinerary Advice
- 17 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 18 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 19 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 22 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 23 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 24 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 25 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna