Our itinerary over an extended Christmas holiday looks like this: Amsterdam - Berlin - Krakow - Prague - Munich - Bern - Venice - Pisa - Rome - Paris - London - Brugge - Amsterdam.
We are travelling in that order because we have to be in a few particular places on specific dates so this itinerary works the best for us & I think it's about 45 days in total to do this trip.
I'm looking for some advice on train travel versus air travel (we will combine the 2 but obviously some destinations will be better by train versus plane). We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teens. We are thinking of air travel from Rome to Paris but the other lengthy legs are proving difficult (such as Berlin to Krakow) where I cant seem to find a low cost carrier.
Looking for some hints and tips on how other travellers have found point to point tickets versus rail passes or suggested air travel routes etc etc.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 3 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 4 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 5 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 6 Route des Vins
- 7 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 8 2 days in Florence
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 11 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 12 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 13 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 14 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 15 base for Andalucia
- 16 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 19 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 20 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 21 Windsor Castle
- 22 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 23 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 24 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 25 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg