Our itinerary over an extended Christmas holiday looks like this: Amsterdam - Berlin - Krakow - Prague - Munich - Bern - Venice - Pisa - Rome - Paris - London - Brugge - Amsterdam.
We are travelling in that order because we have to be in a few particular places on specific dates so this itinerary works the best for us & I think it's about 45 days in total to do this trip.
I'm looking for some advice on train travel versus air travel (we will combine the 2 but obviously some destinations will be better by train versus plane). We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teens. We are thinking of air travel from Rome to Paris but the other lengthy legs are proving difficult (such as Berlin to Krakow) where I cant seem to find a low cost carrier.
Looking for some hints and tips on how other travellers have found point to point tickets versus rail passes or suggested air travel routes etc etc.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Train versus Plane . . . suggestions appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What still confounds you about travel?
- 2 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 3 Stay near Paris
- 4 Monet in Normandy
- 5 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 6 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 7 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 8 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 9 Koper to Trieste
- 10 Trieste and Koper
- 11 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 12 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 13 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 14 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 15 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 16 Pronunciation
- 17 Dublin Tour Companies
- 18 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 19 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 22 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 23 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 24 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 25 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!