Our itinerary over an extended Christmas holiday looks like this: Amsterdam - Berlin - Krakow - Prague - Munich - Bern - Venice - Pisa - Rome - Paris - London - Brugge - Amsterdam.
We are travelling in that order because we have to be in a few particular places on specific dates so this itinerary works the best for us & I think it's about 45 days in total to do this trip.
I'm looking for some advice on train travel versus air travel (we will combine the 2 but obviously some destinations will be better by train versus plane). We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teens. We are thinking of air travel from Rome to Paris but the other lengthy legs are proving difficult (such as Berlin to Krakow) where I cant seem to find a low cost carrier.
Looking for some hints and tips on how other travellers have found point to point tickets versus rail passes or suggested air travel routes etc etc.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Train versus Plane . . . suggestions appreciated!
- 1 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 2 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 3 7 days in Andalucia
- 4 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 7 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 8 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 9 London at Easter
- 10 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 11 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 12 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 13 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 14 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 15 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 16 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 17 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 18 Advises for trip to Russia
- 19 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 20 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 21 Planning a holiday
- 22 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 23 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 24 Traveling within Italy
- 25 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga