Our itinerary over an extended Christmas holiday looks like this: Amsterdam - Berlin - Krakow - Prague - Munich - Bern - Venice - Pisa - Rome - Paris - London - Brugge - Amsterdam.
We are travelling in that order because we have to be in a few particular places on specific dates so this itinerary works the best for us & I think it's about 45 days in total to do this trip.
I'm looking for some advice on train travel versus air travel (we will combine the 2 but obviously some destinations will be better by train versus plane). We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teens. We are thinking of air travel from Rome to Paris but the other lengthy legs are proving difficult (such as Berlin to Krakow) where I cant seem to find a low cost carrier.
Looking for some hints and tips on how other travellers have found point to point tickets versus rail passes or suggested air travel routes etc etc.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 2 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 3 Car rental in Paris
- 4 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 5 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 6 A new travel app for Poland
- 7 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 8 France to stop making foie grois
- 9 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 10 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 11 Naples or Genoa
- 12 Manchester on derby weekend
- 13 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 14 December in Slovenia
- 15 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 16 Road Maps of Ireland
- 17 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 18 Itinerary help please!
- 19 Dover queues
- 20 Greece Itinerary
- 21 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 22 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 23 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 24 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 25 Puglia