Our itinerary over an extended Christmas holiday looks like this: Amsterdam - Berlin - Krakow - Prague - Munich - Bern - Venice - Pisa - Rome - Paris - London - Brugge - Amsterdam.
We are travelling in that order because we have to be in a few particular places on specific dates so this itinerary works the best for us & I think it's about 45 days in total to do this trip.
I'm looking for some advice on train travel versus air travel (we will combine the 2 but obviously some destinations will be better by train versus plane). We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teens. We are thinking of air travel from Rome to Paris but the other lengthy legs are proving difficult (such as Berlin to Krakow) where I cant seem to find a low cost carrier.
Looking for some hints and tips on how other travellers have found point to point tickets versus rail passes or suggested air travel routes etc etc.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Train versus Plane . . . suggestions appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 2 Itinerary Help!
- 3 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 4 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 5 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 6 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 7 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 8 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 9 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 10 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 11 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 12 Street food in Turkey
- 13 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 14 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 15 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 One week in Venice - trips
- 18 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 19 Scotland
- 20 9 days in turkey
- 21 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 22 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 23 UK for 12 days !
- 24 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites