Our itinerary over an extended Christmas holiday looks like this: Amsterdam - Berlin - Krakow - Prague - Munich - Bern - Venice - Pisa - Rome - Paris - London - Brugge - Amsterdam.
We are travelling in that order because we have to be in a few particular places on specific dates so this itinerary works the best for us & I think it's about 45 days in total to do this trip.
I'm looking for some advice on train travel versus air travel (we will combine the 2 but obviously some destinations will be better by train versus plane). We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teens. We are thinking of air travel from Rome to Paris but the other lengthy legs are proving difficult (such as Berlin to Krakow) where I cant seem to find a low cost carrier.
Looking for some hints and tips on how other travellers have found point to point tickets versus rail passes or suggested air travel routes etc etc.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 2 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 3 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 4 Portugal with large family
- 5 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 6 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 7 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 8 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 9 Croatia
- 10 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 11 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 12 Croatia trip Planning
- 13 If you had to choose one......
- 14 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 15 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 16 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 17 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 18 Driving in Italy?
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 Tour groups
- 21 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 22 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 23 Ireland in April
- 24 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 25 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)