My fiance and I will be travelling from Venice to Cinque Terre (Monterosso) on August 29th, and are trying to decide if we should book our train ticket ahead. I see there are a couple route options, I lean towards the 2 leg route via Milan, and know that we can buy the regional train ticket at the station. As for the high speed train from Venice to Milan - must we book ahead?
Lastly, if we wanted to see Verona would it be doable to take a regional train from Venice to Verona, stop for lunch, then continue on to CT? Or would that significantly increase travel time and complicate matters?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One free day in Barcelona
- 2 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 3 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 4 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 5 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 10 Sicily help
- 11 PARIS
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 "Too Much Cows"
- 15 Bordeaux to Nice
- 16 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 17 Thinking about the Fjords
- 18 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 19 Rome -- The next time around
- 20 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 21 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 22 Rome to Venice
- 23 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 24 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 25 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?