I am planning to travel to Vienna and Salzburg in the 1st week of May. Need some help with regards to travel from Vienna to Salzburg. I am reaching Vienna from Istanbul in the morning.
- Can I take a train from Vienna Airport to Salzburg directly?
- Or do I need to go to Vienna first and then take a train from Vienna to Salzburg?
- In either case, do I need a prior reservation or are the tickets available?
Likely date of travel is 5th or 6th of May 2011 and we are a group of 6 people.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Austria, Switzerland and Italy - vignette and toll questions
- 2 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 3 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 4 Rental car, Germany to Czech Republic
- 5 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 6 RHK's Fall escape
- 7 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 8 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 9 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 10 Need help in travel planning
- 11 Oops - too many yes it is me me me
- 12 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 13 Help plan the route/transport options around Spain
- 14 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 15 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 16 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 17 A week driving in Bavaria
- 18 9 Days in Portugal!
- 19 St. Moritz best intermediate skiing
- 20 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 21 Hiking Dolomites
- 22 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 23 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 24 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 25 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy