I'm planning an 18 day trip at the end of November and the beginning of December to Europe that starts in Rome and ends in Zurich. It's been 11 years since I was last in Europe and I'm totally confused with the train travel options.
Hopefully you guys can help because I'm completely baffled.
Val d'Orcia region (likely renting car)
Piedmont Region (Maybe)
Should I be purchasing directly from trenitalia? Is it recommended to buy on a leg by leg basis or some sort of bulk purchase. Or do I go with buy a euroail or raileurope pass.
This is going to be a long trip so I am trying to be budget conscious in regards to travel. Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 2 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 6 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 7 What do after Bernia Express?
- 8 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 9 Info request: Road Trip Naples to Bari-Part 2
- 10 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 11 First time in London
- 12 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 13 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 14 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 15 Self drive tour companies
- 16 scotland
- 17 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Ischia
- 20 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 21 Barcelona
- 22 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 23 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 24 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 25 Italian Honeymoon Advice