I'm planning an 18 day trip at the end of November and the beginning of December to Europe that starts in Rome and ends in Zurich. It's been 11 years since I was last in Europe and I'm totally confused with the train travel options.
Hopefully you guys can help because I'm completely baffled.
Val d'Orcia region (likely renting car)
Piedmont Region (Maybe)
Should I be purchasing directly from trenitalia? Is it recommended to buy on a leg by leg basis or some sort of bulk purchase. Or do I go with buy a euroail or raileurope pass.
This is going to be a long trip so I am trying to be budget conscious in regards to travel. Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 2 Amalfi coast
- 3 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 4 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 5 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 6 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 7 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 8 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 9 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 10 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 11 Beaches in Southern France
- 12 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 13 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 14 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 15 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 16 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 17 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 18 French lavender and cottages
- 19 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 20 Rome to Pompeii, luggage goes where?
- 21 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 22 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 23 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 24 Rome Rental Car
- 25 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery