I'm planning an 18 day trip at the end of November and the beginning of December to Europe that starts in Rome and ends in Zurich. It's been 11 years since I was last in Europe and I'm totally confused with the train travel options.
Hopefully you guys can help because I'm completely baffled.
Val d'Orcia region (likely renting car)
Piedmont Region (Maybe)
Should I be purchasing directly from trenitalia? Is it recommended to buy on a leg by leg basis or some sort of bulk purchase. Or do I go with buy a euroail or raileurope pass.
This is going to be a long trip so I am trying to be budget conscious in regards to travel. Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Explore Bergen myself or Take Norway In A Nutshell from Oslo to Bergen?
- 2 sfo to europe
- 3 Switzerland in mid-April
- 4 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 5 Ireland/Scotland Trip: Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 Italian Riviera
- 7 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 8 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 9 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 10 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 11 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 12 Rue des Rosiers
- 13 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 14 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 15 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 16 Hamam Istanbul?
- 17 Holiday in Austria
- 18 Paris Under Seige...
- 19 First Trip to Europe!
- 20 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 21 visa appointment experience
- 22 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 23 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 24 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 25 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!