My wife and I are going to Europe towards the end of the year (December) for a month - this is our first trip! We have no idea about train travel, and are just seeking any help, advice and suggestions. We don't want to drive because of snow/ice etc...definitely aware it will be cold. We'll be travelling the following route via train:
- Paris to Lyon
- Lyon to Bern
- Bern to Grindelwald
- Grindelwald to Lucerne
- Lucerne to Freiberg
- Freiberg to Berlin (would like an overnight train if possible)
- Berlin to Amsterdam (would like an overnight train if possible)
(plane from Amsterdam to London)
- London to Paris
Open to all suggestions and help, but wondering what the best ticket to buy is (i.e. point-to-point), through who (i.e. seat61) and when. I've heard that 3 moths is a good time (i.e. now).
Thanks for any advice or help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 2 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 3 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 4 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 5 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 6 Planning a European Trip
- 7 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 8 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 9 France, UK and Ireland
- 10 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 11 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 12 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 13 Ireland
- 14 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 15 What do after Bernia Express?
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 18 10 day Italy
- 19 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 20 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 21 Santorini lodging
- 22 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 23 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 24 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 25 What to do at 7:00am