My wife and I are going to Europe towards the end of the year (December) for a month - this is our first trip! We have no idea about train travel, and are just seeking any help, advice and suggestions. We don't want to drive because of snow/ice etc...definitely aware it will be cold. We'll be travelling the following route via train:
- Paris to Lyon
- Lyon to Bern
- Bern to Grindelwald
- Grindelwald to Lucerne
- Lucerne to Freiberg
- Freiberg to Berlin (would like an overnight train if possible)
- Berlin to Amsterdam (would like an overnight train if possible)
(plane from Amsterdam to London)
- London to Paris
Open to all suggestions and help, but wondering what the best ticket to buy is (i.e. point-to-point), through who (i.e. seat61) and when. I've heard that 3 moths is a good time (i.e. now).
Thanks for any advice or help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 kechua : AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681 :7208 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 3 Route Information
- 4 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 5 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 6 Lisbon
- 7 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 8 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 9 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 10 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 11 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 12 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 13 Villa in Italy
- 14 Places to stop/stay?
- 15 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 16 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 17 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 18 TSA Precheck
- 19 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 20 Where in Greece
- 21 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 22 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 23 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 24 Couscous
- 25 Help me make this possible!