My wife and I are going to Europe towards the end of the year (December) for a month - this is our first trip! We have no idea about train travel, and are just seeking any help, advice and suggestions. We don't want to drive because of snow/ice etc...definitely aware it will be cold. We'll be travelling the following route via train:
- Paris to Lyon
- Lyon to Bern
- Bern to Grindelwald
- Grindelwald to Lucerne
- Lucerne to Freiberg
- Freiberg to Berlin (would like an overnight train if possible)
- Berlin to Amsterdam (would like an overnight train if possible)
(plane from Amsterdam to London)
- London to Paris
Open to all suggestions and help, but wondering what the best ticket to buy is (i.e. point-to-point), through who (i.e. seat61) and when. I've heard that 3 moths is a good time (i.e. now).
Thanks for any advice or help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 2 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 5 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 6 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 7 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 8 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 9 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 10 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 11 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 12 Shorts in South of France?
- 13 Tracking the Weather
- 14 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 15 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 16 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 17 Europe itinerary help!
- 18 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 19 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 20 Which Day?
- 21 barcelona neighborhood
- 22 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 23 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 24 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 25 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!