We will be traveling to Germany and the Netherlands in May, and need advice on train travel between the two countries. We can buy either a German rail pass for the German part of our travels or the deeply discounted tickets from DB Bahn 92 days ahead of time; the cost would be very similar for our itinerary. My question: if we choose the rail pass, how do we combine it with the Netherlands leg of our journey from Frankfurt to Schiphol (not Amsterdam Centraal)? What city/town would be at the border crossing, and about how much should it cost from there to Schiphol? I assume we can purchase that ticket in Frankfurt. I know that we can buy discounted tickets that take us all the way; however, the rail pass is much more flexible. We very much appreciate any advice on this subject; thank you so much.
train travel Germany to Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 2 Italy dolomites
- 3 Taormina to Palermo
- 4 Spain - car rental, bus or train?
- 5 Driving in Italy
- 6 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 7 Suggestion for travel memories
- 8 caroline_venezia
- 9 Budget family trip to Europe
- 10 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 11 How to split 21 days between moscow and saint petersburg
- 12 Stay in Chablis or Auxerre?
- 13 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 14 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 15 history museums or locations
- 16 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 17 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 18 Iceland Trip - July 2013 - PArt 1
- 19 malaga to madrid train ?
- 20 Museums in Berlin
- 21 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 22 Lake Como transportation questions
- 23 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 24 5 Observations About Paris
- 25 Portugal in January