We will be traveling to Germany and the Netherlands in May, and need advice on train travel between the two countries. We can buy either a German rail pass for the German part of our travels or the deeply discounted tickets from DB Bahn 92 days ahead of time; the cost would be very similar for our itinerary. My question: if we choose the rail pass, how do we combine it with the Netherlands leg of our journey from Frankfurt to Schiphol (not Amsterdam Centraal)? What city/town would be at the border crossing, and about how much should it cost from there to Schiphol? I assume we can purchase that ticket in Frankfurt. I know that we can buy discounted tickets that take us all the way; however, the rail pass is much more flexible. We very much appreciate any advice on this subject; thank you so much.
train travel Germany to Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London neighborhood suggestions
- 2 What to wear
- 3 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 4 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Andalucia, Morocco
- 5 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 6 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 7 3 weeks in Europe
- 8 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 9 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 10 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 11 Last minute Bordeaux restaurant suggestions - for 4/26-4/28
- 12 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 13 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 14 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 15 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 16 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 17 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 18 Dublin Airport Hotel : Located at the airport, not close by
- 19 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 20 Daytrip From istanbul: IZNIK (NICEA)
- 21 Ireland Southwest
- 22 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 23 Car Rental in Iceland
- 24 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 25 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)