We will be traveling to Germany and the Netherlands in May, and need advice on train travel between the two countries. We can buy either a German rail pass for the German part of our travels or the deeply discounted tickets from DB Bahn 92 days ahead of time; the cost would be very similar for our itinerary. My question: if we choose the rail pass, how do we combine it with the Netherlands leg of our journey from Frankfurt to Schiphol (not Amsterdam Centraal)? What city/town would be at the border crossing, and about how much should it cost from there to Schiphol? I assume we can purchase that ticket in Frankfurt. I know that we can buy discounted tickets that take us all the way; however, the rail pass is much more flexible. We very much appreciate any advice on this subject; thank you so much.
train travel Germany to Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 2 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 3 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 4 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 5 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 8 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 9 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 10 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 11 nearby cities to london
- 12 Hotel in Venice
- 13 9 days in turkey
- 14 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 15 7 days in Greece
- 16 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 17 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 18 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 19 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 22 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 23 Airbnb recommendations: London, Paris, Rome
- 24 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 25 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days