I have been researching train travel from Zurich to Varenna, and was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would make more sense (and take less time) to get off in Como and then take a ferry to Varenna, rather than take the train all the way to Varenna. From what I understand the town of Como isn't right on the lake, so not sure if the ferry is convenient. But it seems that I would be back-tracking a bit taking the train to Varenna, as the train would be going south to get back up north. I don't know if it would be more of a hassle to get to the ferry with luggage in tow, or if we should just stay on the train and travel through Milan to get back up to Varenna. Any insight would be appreciated....
train travel from Zurich to Varenna, or would Como be faster?
- 1 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 2 culinary classes in Biarritz/San Sebastian
- 3 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 4 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 5 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 6 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 7 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 8 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 9 How Long For Santorini?
- 10 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 11 Car rental Italy
- 12 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 13 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 14 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 15 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 16 Prague Itinerary
- 17 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 18 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 19 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 20 London at Xmas
- 21 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 22 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 23 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 24 Zagreb, rental car and Slovenia
- 25 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)