I'm traveling from Munich to Istanbul with my 3 kids (2 teenagers & 6 yo) in May. Was planning on flying until I saw the seat61 site. Now I'm considering taking the train one way and flying back to Munich on a budget airline (Pegasus? Turkish Airlines?). I can get tickets online from debahn from Munich to Budapest, but am at a loss on how to purchase tickets for the rest of the trip. Can I wait until we get to Germany and then purchase them from a debahn station (we'll be in Germany for 3 weeks before we head to Turkey)? Or should I just wait and purchase tickets at the train stations in Budapest (for the Budapest-Bucharest leg) and Bucharest (for the Bucharest-Istanbul leg)? Has anyone taken this route recently? (I'm aware of the transfer to bus at the Turkish border.) How easy is it to purchase the tickets at the train station for travel that day (English is my only language)? I'll have US dollars and euros, but not local currency.
train travel from munich to istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast in October
- 2 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 3 Does this make sense re tour downloads?
- 4 Terrorism in Europe
- 5 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 6 ITALO trains need help
- 7 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 8 Northern Lights in Scotland??
- 9 Italy and Switzerland--September/October 2013
- 10 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 11 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 12 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 13 Itinerary Suggestions for South of Spain and Portugal
- 14 biking in France
- 15 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 16 London for Free
- 17 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 18 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 19 RENFE- AVE link stopped
- 20 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 21 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 22 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 23 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 24 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 25 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens