I'm traveling from Munich to Istanbul with my 3 kids (2 teenagers & 6 yo) in May. Was planning on flying until I saw the seat61 site. Now I'm considering taking the train one way and flying back to Munich on a budget airline (Pegasus? Turkish Airlines?). I can get tickets online from debahn from Munich to Budapest, but am at a loss on how to purchase tickets for the rest of the trip. Can I wait until we get to Germany and then purchase them from a debahn station (we'll be in Germany for 3 weeks before we head to Turkey)? Or should I just wait and purchase tickets at the train stations in Budapest (for the Budapest-Bucharest leg) and Bucharest (for the Bucharest-Istanbul leg)? Has anyone taken this route recently? (I'm aware of the transfer to bus at the Turkish border.) How easy is it to purchase the tickets at the train station for travel that day (English is my only language)? I'll have US dollars and euros, but not local currency.
train travel from munich to istanbul
View all Europe activity »
- 1 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 2 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 3 Venice in Jan
- 4 Trip around Spain
- 5 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 6 Prague Main Train Station
- 7 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 8 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 9 Berlin
- 10 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 11 Spain Travel
- 12 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 13 Trieste as a day trip?
- 14 Trieste as a day trip?
- 15 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 16 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 17 British drivers
- 18 Southern France
- 19 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 20 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 24 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 25 Train travel in Europe