I'm traveling from Munich to Istanbul with my 3 kids (2 teenagers & 6 yo) in May. Was planning on flying until I saw the seat61 site. Now I'm considering taking the train one way and flying back to Munich on a budget airline (Pegasus? Turkish Airlines?). I can get tickets online from debahn from Munich to Budapest, but am at a loss on how to purchase tickets for the rest of the trip. Can I wait until we get to Germany and then purchase them from a debahn station (we'll be in Germany for 3 weeks before we head to Turkey)? Or should I just wait and purchase tickets at the train stations in Budapest (for the Budapest-Bucharest leg) and Bucharest (for the Bucharest-Istanbul leg)? Has anyone taken this route recently? (I'm aware of the transfer to bus at the Turkish border.) How easy is it to purchase the tickets at the train station for travel that day (English is my only language)? I'll have US dollars and euros, but not local currency.
train travel from munich to istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 2 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 3 Affordable hotel recommendations for Barcelona in Jan/Feb 2015
- 4 25 days in Europe
- 5 Towns between Dingle and Doolin, Ireland or North of Galway
- 6 Please help me plan my trip!
- 7 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 8 euro quiz # 69 - All About Parks...
- 9 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 10 Travelling to Croatia - Do I need to book accommodation
- 11 More time in Colmar/Strasbourg vs a day for Reims or Chartes
- 12 Traveling after Dublin
- 13 scotland trave;
- 14 Hotel or bed and breakfast in Venice
- 15 Hotel Belvedere Bellagio or Royal Victoria in Lake Como for May trip
- 16 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 17 Oslo, Norway - worth the trip?
- 18 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 19 Paris Street Market Selling Soaps from Provence
- 20 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 21 Best way to travel Barcelona-Greece
- 22 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 23 Apartment services for Barcelona and Pamplona
- 24 Use of pre-booked non-PREMS tickets on French trains
- 25 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe