I'm traveling from Munich to Istanbul with my 3 kids (2 teenagers & 6 yo) in May. Was planning on flying until I saw the seat61 site. Now I'm considering taking the train one way and flying back to Munich on a budget airline (Pegasus? Turkish Airlines?). I can get tickets online from debahn from Munich to Budapest, but am at a loss on how to purchase tickets for the rest of the trip. Can I wait until we get to Germany and then purchase them from a debahn station (we'll be in Germany for 3 weeks before we head to Turkey)? Or should I just wait and purchase tickets at the train stations in Budapest (for the Budapest-Bucharest leg) and Bucharest (for the Bucharest-Istanbul leg)? Has anyone taken this route recently? (I'm aware of the transfer to bus at the Turkish border.) How easy is it to purchase the tickets at the train station for travel that day (English is my only language)? I'll have US dollars and euros, but not local currency.
train travel from munich to istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 London 2nd time around
- 4 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 5 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 6 Budget for 3 Month's
- 7 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 8 Questions for my German friends
- 9 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 10 London visit
- 11 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 12 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 13 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 14 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 15 Small group for Colosseum
- 16 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 17 Madrid and London
- 18 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 19 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 20 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 21 21 Days in Central Europe
- 22 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 23 Lofoten ferry
- 24 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 25 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer