I'm traveling from Munich to Istanbul with my 3 kids (2 teenagers & 6 yo) in May. Was planning on flying until I saw the seat61 site. Now I'm considering taking the train one way and flying back to Munich on a budget airline (Pegasus? Turkish Airlines?). I can get tickets online from debahn from Munich to Budapest, but am at a loss on how to purchase tickets for the rest of the trip. Can I wait until we get to Germany and then purchase them from a debahn station (we'll be in Germany for 3 weeks before we head to Turkey)? Or should I just wait and purchase tickets at the train stations in Budapest (for the Budapest-Bucharest leg) and Bucharest (for the Bucharest-Istanbul leg)? Has anyone taken this route recently? (I'm aware of the transfer to bus at the Turkish border.) How easy is it to purchase the tickets at the train station for travel that day (English is my only language)? I'll have US dollars and euros, but not local currency.
train travel from munich to istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Booking Engines You trust?
- 2 German Wings
- 3 Renting a car after train to Florence
- 4 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 5 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 6 Does anyone know of a good resource for Castles
- 7 Gargnano vs Bellagio (Lake Garda vs Lake Como)
- 8 Using Obb website
- 9 Sea side in Italy
- 10 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 11 Milan underground
- 12 Sagrada Familia - Barcelona; time "allocation"
- 13 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 14 Checking out your destination with live webcams- Rome for example!
- 15 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 16 April long weekend - Munich v Innsbruck v Salzburg
- 17 Budapest Favorites
- 18 Northern Italy Agriturismo, Activities, Cooking School
- 19 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 20 Rome Colosseum and Forum
- 21 Mediterranean/Provence, February - March 2016
- 22 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 23 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 24 SoS!!! Rome Hotel Prices - Why soooo expensive????
- 25 Where to stay 2 nights in la Céré France?