I'm traveling from Munich to Istanbul with my 3 kids (2 teenagers & 6 yo) in May. Was planning on flying until I saw the seat61 site. Now I'm considering taking the train one way and flying back to Munich on a budget airline (Pegasus? Turkish Airlines?). I can get tickets online from debahn from Munich to Budapest, but am at a loss on how to purchase tickets for the rest of the trip. Can I wait until we get to Germany and then purchase them from a debahn station (we'll be in Germany for 3 weeks before we head to Turkey)? Or should I just wait and purchase tickets at the train stations in Budapest (for the Budapest-Bucharest leg) and Bucharest (for the Bucharest-Istanbul leg)? Has anyone taken this route recently? (I'm aware of the transfer to bus at the Turkish border.) How easy is it to purchase the tickets at the train station for travel that day (English is my only language)? I'll have US dollars and euros, but not local currency.
train travel from munich to istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 2 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 3 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 4 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 5 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 6 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 7 Reims for a day
- 8 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 9 Toulouse and beyond -
- 10 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 11 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 12 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 13 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 14 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 15 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 16 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 17 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 18 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 19 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 20 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 21 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 22 Munich with a car?
- 23 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 24 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 25 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside