I'm traveling from Munich to Istanbul with my 3 kids (2 teenagers & 6 yo) in May. Was planning on flying until I saw the seat61 site. Now I'm considering taking the train one way and flying back to Munich on a budget airline (Pegasus? Turkish Airlines?). I can get tickets online from debahn from Munich to Budapest, but am at a loss on how to purchase tickets for the rest of the trip. Can I wait until we get to Germany and then purchase them from a debahn station (we'll be in Germany for 3 weeks before we head to Turkey)? Or should I just wait and purchase tickets at the train stations in Budapest (for the Budapest-Bucharest leg) and Bucharest (for the Bucharest-Istanbul leg)? Has anyone taken this route recently? (I'm aware of the transfer to bus at the Turkish border.) How easy is it to purchase the tickets at the train station for travel that day (English is my only language)? I'll have US dollars and euros, but not local currency.
train travel from munich to istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 2 Montreuil, Rue Colbert
- 3 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 4 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 5 Florence Hotel Advice
- 6 london in 2.5 days
- 7 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 8 first family trip to Switzerland
- 9 Escargot
- 10 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 11 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 12 London GTG late September?
- 13 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 14 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 15 Northern lights in Iceland in January
- 16 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 17 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 18 Still trying to narrow down an area Chatillon, Arcueil, Montreuil?
- 19 Loving Italy: our trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice
- 20 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 21 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 22 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 23 Need help - Train from Marseille airport to Paris
- 24 iDTGV Sales Open for Travel December 14 to March 29
- 25 Schengen Visa