I'm traveling from Munich to Istanbul with my 3 kids (2 teenagers & 6 yo) in May. Was planning on flying until I saw the seat61 site. Now I'm considering taking the train one way and flying back to Munich on a budget airline (Pegasus? Turkish Airlines?). I can get tickets online from debahn from Munich to Budapest, but am at a loss on how to purchase tickets for the rest of the trip. Can I wait until we get to Germany and then purchase them from a debahn station (we'll be in Germany for 3 weeks before we head to Turkey)? Or should I just wait and purchase tickets at the train stations in Budapest (for the Budapest-Bucharest leg) and Bucharest (for the Bucharest-Istanbul leg)? Has anyone taken this route recently? (I'm aware of the transfer to bus at the Turkish border.) How easy is it to purchase the tickets at the train station for travel that day (English is my only language)? I'll have US dollars and euros, but not local currency.
train travel from munich to istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 2 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 3 Tight Transfer at Gatwick
- 4 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 5 Renting an apt.
- 6 Brussels/Bruges and Berlin in April
- 7 Northern Italy Planner's Block -- Help!
- 8 Best london location to stay?
- 9 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 10 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 11 A guide to Madrid
- 12 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 13 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 14 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 15 VIGO, SPAIN
- 16 Looking for an agriturismo in Val d'Orcia area
- 17 Best place to base in Côte d'Azûr
- 18 Potential trip - Balkans
- 19 Scotland and northern England
- 20 Things to do round Potes, Picos de Europa
- 21 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 22 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 23 Bus Croatia
- 24 Chilling in Iceland (but not yet).
- 25 April in Madrid