I'm traveling from Munich to Istanbul with my 3 kids (2 teenagers & 6 yo) in May. Was planning on flying until I saw the seat61 site. Now I'm considering taking the train one way and flying back to Munich on a budget airline (Pegasus? Turkish Airlines?). I can get tickets online from debahn from Munich to Budapest, but am at a loss on how to purchase tickets for the rest of the trip. Can I wait until we get to Germany and then purchase them from a debahn station (we'll be in Germany for 3 weeks before we head to Turkey)? Or should I just wait and purchase tickets at the train stations in Budapest (for the Budapest-Bucharest leg) and Bucharest (for the Bucharest-Istanbul leg)? Has anyone taken this route recently? (I'm aware of the transfer to bus at the Turkish border.) How easy is it to purchase the tickets at the train station for travel that day (English is my only language)? I'll have US dollars and euros, but not local currency.
train travel from munich to istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shoe/boot help for Munich and Berlin
- 2 Is Venice really dirty?
- 3 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 4 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 5 italy - france - germany
- 6 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 7 Planning Europe trip
- 8 Stereotypes about various nationalities
- 9 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 10 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 11 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 12 Authentic czech food
- 13 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 14 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 15 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 16 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 17 Kimhe--flamenco
- 18 Limavady, Ireland?? Where is it?
- 19 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 20 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 21 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 22 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 23 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 24 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 25 Christmas in London