I'm traveling from Munich to Istanbul with my 3 kids (2 teenagers & 6 yo) in May. Was planning on flying until I saw the seat61 site. Now I'm considering taking the train one way and flying back to Munich on a budget airline (Pegasus? Turkish Airlines?). I can get tickets online from debahn from Munich to Budapest, but am at a loss on how to purchase tickets for the rest of the trip. Can I wait until we get to Germany and then purchase them from a debahn station (we'll be in Germany for 3 weeks before we head to Turkey)? Or should I just wait and purchase tickets at the train stations in Budapest (for the Budapest-Bucharest leg) and Bucharest (for the Bucharest-Istanbul leg)? Has anyone taken this route recently? (I'm aware of the transfer to bus at the Turkish border.) How easy is it to purchase the tickets at the train station for travel that day (English is my only language)? I'll have US dollars and euros, but not local currency.
train travel from munich to istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lauterbrunnen: hiking advisory
- 2 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 3 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 4 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 5 Which swiss alps to visit? First time to Switzerland
- 6 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 7 Mama Mia Italy!
- 8 Trying to find food items from Rome
- 9 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 10 Greece Itinerary suggestions!
- 11 Where left high and dry by US credit cards in UK & France
- 12 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 13 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 14 Barcelona for single female
- 15 Germany -- with Reformation emphasis
- 16 setenil de la bodegas and/or Ronda spain
- 17 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 18 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 19 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 20 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 21 Train from Le Havre to Paris
- 22 travel to western Europe from India
- 23 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 24 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 25 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris