I am an American student studying abroad in Scotland, and a few friends and I are planning a whirlwind spring break trip to Amsterdam, Paris, and Barcelona.
Unfortunately, we're having a hard time buying train tickets online with our American credit/debit cards (apparently, RailEurope won't let us use our American cards online if we're in the UK?) and the travel agencies we've tried so far can only offer passes when all we want are two measly train trips.
Does anyone know a way for us to buy reasonably cheap train tickets with our cards online or via phone or a travel agency (basically, some way for us to get them without trekking down to London or possibly getting a British bank account)? Or is flying or buses better options?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 2 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 3 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 4 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 5 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 6 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 7 Chamonix to Paris
- 8 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 9 Undisclsoed location
- 10 Need help with my itinerary
- 11 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 12 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 13 Italy bus or train
- 14 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 15 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 16 Paris in September
- 17 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 18 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 19 help with Italy itinerary
- 20 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 21 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 22 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 23 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 24 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 25 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
Train Travel Around Continental Europe OR Other Travel Options