I am an American student studying abroad in Scotland, and a few friends and I are planning a whirlwind spring break trip to Amsterdam, Paris, and Barcelona.
Unfortunately, we're having a hard time buying train tickets online with our American credit/debit cards (apparently, RailEurope won't let us use our American cards online if we're in the UK?) and the travel agencies we've tried so far can only offer passes when all we want are two measly train trips.
Does anyone know a way for us to buy reasonably cheap train tickets with our cards online or via phone or a travel agency (basically, some way for us to get them without trekking down to London or possibly getting a British bank account)? Or is flying or buses better options?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 2 2 weeks from southern italy
- 3 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 4 Another Question re Scotland
- 5 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 6 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 7 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 8 travel around Spain
- 9 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 10 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 11 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 12 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 13 credit and debit cards
- 14 Where to stay in Umbria
- 15 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 16 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 17 First Trip to Ireland
- 18 Dalmation coast in October?
- 19 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 20 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 21 Confused on which train pass
- 22 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 23 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 24 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 25 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
Train Travel Around Continental Europe OR Other Travel Options