I am an American student studying abroad in Scotland, and a few friends and I are planning a whirlwind spring break trip to Amsterdam, Paris, and Barcelona.
Unfortunately, we're having a hard time buying train tickets online with our American credit/debit cards (apparently, RailEurope won't let us use our American cards online if we're in the UK?) and the travel agencies we've tried so far can only offer passes when all we want are two measly train trips.
Does anyone know a way for us to buy reasonably cheap train tickets with our cards online or via phone or a travel agency (basically, some way for us to get them without trekking down to London or possibly getting a British bank account)? Or is flying or buses better options?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 2 Rome or Venice first
- 3 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 4 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 5 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 6 Trains in Italy
- 7 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 8 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 9 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 10 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 13 Berlin
- 14 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 15 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 16 Europe First Timers
- 17 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 18 Apartment Montreux area
- 19 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 20 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 21 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 22 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 23 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 24 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 25 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
Train Travel Around Continental Europe OR Other Travel Options