I am an American student studying abroad in Scotland, and a few friends and I are planning a whirlwind spring break trip to Amsterdam, Paris, and Barcelona.
Unfortunately, we're having a hard time buying train tickets online with our American credit/debit cards (apparently, RailEurope won't let us use our American cards online if we're in the UK?) and the travel agencies we've tried so far can only offer passes when all we want are two measly train trips.
Does anyone know a way for us to buy reasonably cheap train tickets with our cards online or via phone or a travel agency (basically, some way for us to get them without trekking down to London or possibly getting a British bank account)? Or is flying or buses better options?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 2 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 5 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 6 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 7 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 8 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 9 dinner jackets
- 10 2 weeks Europe trip
- 11 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 12 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 13 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 14 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 15 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 16 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 17 Car rental in Paris for travel to Bayeux
- 18 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 19 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 20 Cordoba Overnight?
- 21 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 22 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 23 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 24 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 25 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
Train Travel Around Continental Europe OR Other Travel Options