I am an American student studying abroad in Scotland, and a few friends and I are planning a whirlwind spring break trip to Amsterdam, Paris, and Barcelona.
Unfortunately, we're having a hard time buying train tickets online with our American credit/debit cards (apparently, RailEurope won't let us use our American cards online if we're in the UK?) and the travel agencies we've tried so far can only offer passes when all we want are two measly train trips.
Does anyone know a way for us to buy reasonably cheap train tickets with our cards online or via phone or a travel agency (basically, some way for us to get them without trekking down to London or possibly getting a British bank account)? Or is flying or buses better options?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 2 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 3 International Flight Question
- 4 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Another tipping question: concierges
- 7 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 8 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 9 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 10 Back from Paris
- 11 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 12 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 13 Luggage Storage
- 14 LIsbon
- 15 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 16 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 17 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 18 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 19 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 20 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 21 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 22 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 23 Trip suggestion
- 24 Spain in July
- 25 Summer Travel order
Train Travel Around Continental Europe OR Other Travel Options