I am an American student studying abroad in Scotland, and a few friends and I are planning a whirlwind spring break trip to Amsterdam, Paris, and Barcelona.
Unfortunately, we're having a hard time buying train tickets online with our American credit/debit cards (apparently, RailEurope won't let us use our American cards online if we're in the UK?) and the travel agencies we've tried so far can only offer passes when all we want are two measly train trips.
Does anyone know a way for us to buy reasonably cheap train tickets with our cards online or via phone or a travel agency (basically, some way for us to get them without trekking down to London or possibly getting a British bank account)? Or is flying or buses better options?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Setting : ☎ YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:540:6830 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 3 3 nights in Madrid
- 4 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 5 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 6 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 7 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 8 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 9 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 10 Threat Level in UK
- 11 Cartagena Spain
- 12 Itinery help Crete
- 13 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 14 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 17 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 18 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 19 Graz in January
- 20 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 21 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 22 London Hotel - Different Request
- 23 Iceland trip report!
- 24 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 25 Sun loungers and parasols
Train Travel Around Continental Europe OR Other Travel Options