My husband and I are planning our Europe trip beginning in September and will be over for 2 months. We will start in Ireland, then head to Germany where our daughter lives. I am having an awful time trying to figure out a budget for our transportation costs...every time I search for rail travel, I'm getting exorbitant prices and becoming confused. We don't have firm plans, we just know that we want to visit Czech Republic, Croatia, Hungary, Italy...we will be doing some day trips around France and Belgium with the kids. The end of the trip culminates with a Mediterranean cruise. Could somebody please shed some light on how expensive it is to travel by train? We do have some air travel already arranged, but train is confusing...help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5am arrival in Dublin
- 2 London tube
- 3 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Hotel in Venice
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 Europe-21 days in September 2014
- 9 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 10 What are the best places to see in England
- 11 London hotel
- 12 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 13 7 days in Greece
- 14 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 15 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 16 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 17 Europe in 21 days
- 18 London day trips, especially castles
- 19 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 20 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 21 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 22 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 23 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 24 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 25 What area to stay in Rome, Florence, and Venice?