My husband and I are planning our Europe trip beginning in September and will be over for 2 months. We will start in Ireland, then head to Germany where our daughter lives. I am having an awful time trying to figure out a budget for our transportation costs...every time I search for rail travel, I'm getting exorbitant prices and becoming confused. We don't have firm plans, we just know that we want to visit Czech Republic, Croatia, Hungary, Italy...we will be doing some day trips around France and Belgium with the kids. The end of the trip culminates with a Mediterranean cruise. Could somebody please shed some light on how expensive it is to travel by train? We do have some air travel already arranged, but train is confusing...help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!
- 2 Paris November 2014
- 3 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 4 Do unused RATP tickets expire?
- 5 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 6 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 7 Greek ferries
- 8 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 9 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 10 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 11 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 12 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 13 Madrid and London
- 14 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 15 Amsterdam to Brussels train connection question
- 16 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 17 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 18 SIM card for eastern europe
- 19 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 20 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 21 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 22 Lofoten ferry
- 23 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 24 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 25 Connecting with forum locals in Paris