My husband and I are planning our Europe trip beginning in September and will be over for 2 months. We will start in Ireland, then head to Germany where our daughter lives. I am having an awful time trying to figure out a budget for our transportation costs...every time I search for rail travel, I'm getting exorbitant prices and becoming confused. We don't have firm plans, we just know that we want to visit Czech Republic, Croatia, Hungary, Italy...we will be doing some day trips around France and Belgium with the kids. The end of the trip culminates with a Mediterranean cruise. Could somebody please shed some light on how expensive it is to travel by train? We do have some air travel already arranged, but train is confusing...help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada
- 2 Azores
- 3 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 4 All Set To Go!!
- 5 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 6 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 7 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 8 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 9 A Sardinia trip report
- 10 4 weeks in the UK
- 11 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 12 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 13 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 14 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 15 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 16 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 17 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 18 First time to Switzerland
- 19 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 20 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 21 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 22 Eastern Europe
- 23 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 24 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 25 Switzerland help...?