My husband and I are planning our Europe trip beginning in September and will be over for 2 months. We will start in Ireland, then head to Germany where our daughter lives. I am having an awful time trying to figure out a budget for our transportation costs...every time I search for rail travel, I'm getting exorbitant prices and becoming confused. We don't have firm plans, we just know that we want to visit Czech Republic, Croatia, Hungary, Italy...we will be doing some day trips around France and Belgium with the kids. The end of the trip culminates with a Mediterranean cruise. Could somebody please shed some light on how expensive it is to travel by train? We do have some air travel already arranged, but train is confusing...help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 2 60 Minutes: Scathing Review of Italy's Care of Cultural Heritage...
- 3 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 Did I miss MaiTai's Paris trip report??
- 6 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 7 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 8 Ireland or Scotland
- 9 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 10 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 11 Question on France travel
- 12 Cruise the River Shannon
- 13 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 14 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 15 Places for a Special Dinner (2 cancer survivors!) in Montecatini
- 16 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 17 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 18 Autumn in Paris
- 19 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 20 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 21 Italy and Croatia
- 22 St Germain
- 23 Where to go in France mid July?
- 24 trip to norway
- 25 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part