Yay! Tickets are booked for our visit to the Harry Potter Studios. The kids are going to go absolutely bonkers... they are *huge* fans of the movies, and we haven't even told them this tour actually exists. We keep speaking in code about the "HP walking tour" and they think we're talking about the Muggles walking tour in London.
Wondering if I can get a little advice about taking the train for a 10AM start time on a weekday. The WB website says one should take the train from Euston to Watford Junction on London Midland, then catch the shuttle to the studio.
I'm staying near Gloucester Road tube, and the the tfl.gov.uk/ website actually lists an alternate option: to take the tube to West Brompton Underground Station, then go directly from there to Watford Junction on the Southern.
The total duration, from Gloucester Road Tube to Watford Junction, is about the same: 40-45 minutes. But going from West Brompton station minimizes the number of transfers, which is probably a smart strategy during the morning commute time?
Am I missing something? Have I used the TFL website correctly (i.e. does this option actually exist)?
Is there any difference between Southern and London Midland (i.e quality of trains, number of stops, different routes, costs?)
I'll be using a 7 day zone 1-2 paper travelcards (and not an oyster card), so either way I'll have to buy tickets to Watford Junction.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 2 Take your necessary things while traveling!
- 3 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 4 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 5 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 6 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 7 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 8 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 9 5 days greece tour! Help me plz!
- 10 Berlin to Italy
- 11 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 12 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 13 Florence - Where to stay
- 14 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 15 Killarney
- 16 Where to go!?
- 17 First time in Bulgaria
- 18 Vacation
- 19 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 20 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 21 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 22 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 23 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 24 Walking itinerary in England?
- 25 Dog friendly hotels