Yay! Tickets are booked for our visit to the Harry Potter Studios. The kids are going to go absolutely bonkers... they are *huge* fans of the movies, and we haven't even told them this tour actually exists. We keep speaking in code about the "HP walking tour" and they think we're talking about the Muggles walking tour in London.
Wondering if I can get a little advice about taking the train for a 10AM start time on a weekday. The WB website says one should take the train from Euston to Watford Junction on London Midland, then catch the shuttle to the studio.
I'm staying near Gloucester Road tube, and the the tfl.gov.uk/ website actually lists an alternate option: to take the tube to West Brompton Underground Station, then go directly from there to Watford Junction on the Southern.
The total duration, from Gloucester Road Tube to Watford Junction, is about the same: 40-45 minutes. But going from West Brompton station minimizes the number of transfers, which is probably a smart strategy during the morning commute time?
Am I missing something? Have I used the TFL website correctly (i.e. does this option actually exist)?
Is there any difference between Southern and London Midland (i.e quality of trains, number of stops, different routes, costs?)
I'll be using a 7 day zone 1-2 paper travelcards (and not an oyster card), so either way I'll have to buy tickets to Watford Junction.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: train/rental car help
- 2 Berlin
- 3 Germany or Sweden
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 6 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 7 One free day in Barcelona
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 13 Sicily help
- 14 PARIS
- 15 Athens Help
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 "Too Much Cows"
- 18 Bordeaux to Nice
- 19 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 20 Thinking about the Fjords
- 21 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 22 Rome -- The next time around
- 23 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 24 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 25 Rome to Venice