My partner and I will be going to Wuppertal, Germany and Vienna, Austria in September. We will need to get from Cologne airport to Wuppertal and then from Wuppertal to Dusseldorf airport two days later. From Dusseldorf we fly to Austria and spend 5 nights.
Will I be able to use my magnetic stripe credit card to purchase Deutsche Bahn tickets from an automated kiosk for the train travel in Germany? (None of my credit cards are chip and pin.) Also, will I be able to purchase a week ticket (Wochenkarte) from a kiosk with my magnetic stripe card?
Thanks for your input. I have been hearing a lot about Americans having difficulty using their credit cards overseas due to not conforming with the European Chip and Pin technology.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MCAFEE 1:800-681-7208 Installation :MCAFEE tec*h supp0rt contact tec*h 24*7
- 2 zoho 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 3 Where to stay in Milos
- 4 Krakow
- 5 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 6 One way car rentals from Croatia to Greece
- 7 Italy Car Scam
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 10 Talk to me about Mallorca...
- 11 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Portugal - 1st timers. Advice please...
- 14 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 15 Mallorca or Ibiza in Late march/Early april?
- 16 Russia in two weeks in December
- 17 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 18 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 19 Norway Honeymoon
- 20 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 21 Schengen Rule
- 22 Quizz !
- 23 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 24 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 25 Trip Report 14th-17th October
Train tickets in Germany and Vienna and magnetic stripe credit cards