My partner and I will be going to Wuppertal, Germany and Vienna, Austria in September. We will need to get from Cologne airport to Wuppertal and then from Wuppertal to Dusseldorf airport two days later. From Dusseldorf we fly to Austria and spend 5 nights.
Will I be able to use my magnetic stripe credit card to purchase Deutsche Bahn tickets from an automated kiosk for the train travel in Germany? (None of my credit cards are chip and pin.) Also, will I be able to purchase a week ticket (Wochenkarte) from a kiosk with my magnetic stripe card?
Thanks for your input. I have been hearing a lot about Americans having difficulty using their credit cards overseas due to not conforming with the European Chip and Pin technology.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 2 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 3 Car rental in Paris for travel to Bayeux
- 4 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 5 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 6 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 7 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 8 Cordoba Overnight?
- 9 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 10 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 11 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 12 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 13 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 16 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 17 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 18 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 19 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 20 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 21 2 weeks Europe trip
- 22 Need Information about French Alps
- 23 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 24 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 25 Uffizi Phone Number
Train tickets in Germany and Vienna and magnetic stripe credit cards