My partner and I will be going to Wuppertal, Germany and Vienna, Austria in September. We will need to get from Cologne airport to Wuppertal and then from Wuppertal to Dusseldorf airport two days later. From Dusseldorf we fly to Austria and spend 5 nights.
Will I be able to use my magnetic stripe credit card to purchase Deutsche Bahn tickets from an automated kiosk for the train travel in Germany? (None of my credit cards are chip and pin.) Also, will I be able to purchase a week ticket (Wochenkarte) from a kiosk with my magnetic stripe card?
Thanks for your input. I have been hearing a lot about Americans having difficulty using their credit cards overseas due to not conforming with the European Chip and Pin technology.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 2 YIKES!
- 3 credit and debit cards
- 4 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 5 Cinqueterre
- 6 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 7 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 8 Swiss Pass
- 9 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 10 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 11 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 12 Trip to Ireland in September
- 13 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 14 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 15 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 16 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 17 Final Four
- 18 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 19 Charming areas to explore in London
- 20 Cornwall UK
- 21 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 22 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 23 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 24 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 25 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
Train tickets in Germany and Vienna and magnetic stripe credit cards