My partner and I will be going to Wuppertal, Germany and Vienna, Austria in September. We will need to get from Cologne airport to Wuppertal and then from Wuppertal to Dusseldorf airport two days later. From Dusseldorf we fly to Austria and spend 5 nights.
Will I be able to use my magnetic stripe credit card to purchase Deutsche Bahn tickets from an automated kiosk for the train travel in Germany? (None of my credit cards are chip and pin.) Also, will I be able to purchase a week ticket (Wochenkarte) from a kiosk with my magnetic stripe card?
Thanks for your input. I have been hearing a lot about Americans having difficulty using their credit cards overseas due to not conforming with the European Chip and Pin technology.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 2 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 3 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 4 Globus Iberian Tour
- 5 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 6 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 7 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 8 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 9 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 12 UK in May and June
- 13 Spain: train/rental car help
- 14 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 15 good restaurants in Budapest
- 16 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 17 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 18 Wales
- 19 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 20 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 21 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 22 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 23 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 24 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 25 Alhambra
Train tickets in Germany and Vienna and magnetic stripe credit cards