My partner and I will be going to Wuppertal, Germany and Vienna, Austria in September. We will need to get from Cologne airport to Wuppertal and then from Wuppertal to Dusseldorf airport two days later. From Dusseldorf we fly to Austria and spend 5 nights.
Will I be able to use my magnetic stripe credit card to purchase Deutsche Bahn tickets from an automated kiosk for the train travel in Germany? (None of my credit cards are chip and pin.) Also, will I be able to purchase a week ticket (Wochenkarte) from a kiosk with my magnetic stripe card?
Thanks for your input. I have been hearing a lot about Americans having difficulty using their credit cards overseas due to not conforming with the European Chip and Pin technology.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 2 Baby Milk
- 3 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 Tour groups
- 6 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 7 Layover Düsseldorf?
- 8 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 9 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 10 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 11 English Countryside
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 15 Corsica trekking late 2017
- 16 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 17 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 18 Driving in Italy?
- 19 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 20 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 21 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 22 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 25 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
Train tickets in Germany and Vienna and magnetic stripe credit cards