My partner and I will be going to Wuppertal, Germany and Vienna, Austria in September. We will need to get from Cologne airport to Wuppertal and then from Wuppertal to Dusseldorf airport two days later. From Dusseldorf we fly to Austria and spend 5 nights.
Will I be able to use my magnetic stripe credit card to purchase Deutsche Bahn tickets from an automated kiosk for the train travel in Germany? (None of my credit cards are chip and pin.) Also, will I be able to purchase a week ticket (Wochenkarte) from a kiosk with my magnetic stripe card?
Thanks for your input. I have been hearing a lot about Americans having difficulty using their credit cards overseas due to not conforming with the European Chip and Pin technology.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris birthday dinner for 10yo
- 2 visa
- 3 Kerouac - please say the weather will clear up in Paris
- 4 Greece after the Vote
- 5 Staying over visa expiration.
- 6 Help with Honeymoon trip Italy
- 7 Greek Islands for Older Couple
- 8 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 9 France: "Fines Herbes" Include Dandelions?
- 10 Help, no email from Trenitalia with PNR number!
- 11 Itinerary Help: Granada or Madrid??
- 12 Travelling from Frankfurt to Amsterdam train or fly?
- 13 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 14 Sardinia for a week... Need suggestions please
- 15 Italian rail travel
- 16 Paris Apartment Rental ? - reviews
- 17 Pickpocketing in Europe
- 18 Portugal Transportation
- 19 Is Valladolid a place visit?
- 20 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 21 Need to purchase British currency from US
- 22 First trip to Europe and going alone.
- 23 Tour Guides or Tour Companies in Prague and Hotels
- 24 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 25 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
Train tickets in Germany and Vienna and magnetic stripe credit cards