My partner and I will be going to Wuppertal, Germany and Vienna, Austria in September. We will need to get from Cologne airport to Wuppertal and then from Wuppertal to Dusseldorf airport two days later. From Dusseldorf we fly to Austria and spend 5 nights.
Will I be able to use my magnetic stripe credit card to purchase Deutsche Bahn tickets from an automated kiosk for the train travel in Germany? (None of my credit cards are chip and pin.) Also, will I be able to purchase a week ticket (Wochenkarte) from a kiosk with my magnetic stripe card?
Thanks for your input. I have been hearing a lot about Americans having difficulty using their credit cards overseas due to not conforming with the European Chip and Pin technology.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 2 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 3 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 4 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 5 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 6 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 7 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 8 Help me make this possible!
- 9 Where to pick up rental car in Venice
- 10 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 11 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 12 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 13 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 15 First visit to London
- 16 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 17 London is it worth it?
- 18 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 19 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 20 Paris and Normandy
- 21 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 22 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 23 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 24 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 25 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
Train tickets in Germany and Vienna and magnetic stripe credit cards