My partner and I will be going to Wuppertal, Germany and Vienna, Austria in September. We will need to get from Cologne airport to Wuppertal and then from Wuppertal to Dusseldorf airport two days later. From Dusseldorf we fly to Austria and spend 5 nights.
Will I be able to use my magnetic stripe credit card to purchase Deutsche Bahn tickets from an automated kiosk for the train travel in Germany? (None of my credit cards are chip and pin.) Also, will I be able to purchase a week ticket (Wochenkarte) from a kiosk with my magnetic stripe card?
Thanks for your input. I have been hearing a lot about Americans having difficulty using their credit cards overseas due to not conforming with the European Chip and Pin technology.
Train tickets in Germany and Vienna and magnetic stripe credit cards
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scottish Passport
- 2 Eleanor's Pages
- 3 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 4 Europe in winter
- 5 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 6 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 7 Barcelona free tours??
- 8 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 9 Can you help me make calls in Italy?
- 10 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 11 Budapest Parliament Tickets Online
- 12 Viator.com in Turkey
- 13 Non-drinking night activities in Barcelona?
- 14 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 15 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 16 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 17 Italy tours
- 18 Air France strike
- 19 Madrid has much less to offer than Barcelona...
- 20 Advance Train Tickets for England - Buying By Phone from U.S.?
- 21 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 22 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 23 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 24 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 25 London: Queen's Palace Guard Strikes Own Beat...