My partner and I will be going to Wuppertal, Germany and Vienna, Austria in September. We will need to get from Cologne airport to Wuppertal and then from Wuppertal to Dusseldorf airport two days later. From Dusseldorf we fly to Austria and spend 5 nights.
Will I be able to use my magnetic stripe credit card to purchase Deutsche Bahn tickets from an automated kiosk for the train travel in Germany? (None of my credit cards are chip and pin.) Also, will I be able to purchase a week ticket (Wochenkarte) from a kiosk with my magnetic stripe card?
Thanks for your input. I have been hearing a lot about Americans having difficulty using their credit cards overseas due to not conforming with the European Chip and Pin technology.
Train tickets in Germany and Vienna and magnetic stripe credit cards
- 1 Spain Travel
- 2 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 3 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 4 Southern France
- 5 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 6 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 7 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 8 Prague Main Train Station
- 9 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 10 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 13 Berlin
- 14 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 15 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 16 Train travel in Europe
- 17 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 18 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 19 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 20 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 21 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 22 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 23 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 24 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 25 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!